Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I see zero reason to not just get the deluxe version. Clean helmet, chest box and a big base from the 1/4 scale Vader figure for only $35. Already paying $300 at this point, might as well dump $35 more into it to get the full package in the long run.

I had no coupon but ordered the deluxe exclusive anyway as I can always find some use for that extra Vader base... I think I'll sell the GI hologram parted out and build a pool with the cash or something...

giphy (89).gif

It appears as though he also come with a clean cape. I noticed in the picks it shows him both with and without the slash across his back. And the description does say that he comes with:
  • One (1) black cloak
9C6DF877-C5EF-4298-A8F7-3C07CBE0EEC9.jpeg

8DD4B32A-83A0-4092-9E8B-6ACD2C5139E1.png

I'm still leaning towards the regular, LOL. I have the Rogue One version and I don't have uses for the larger LED stand.
I'm exactly the same. But I do get the logic re: resale value. They would definitely all stay in the box though.

Would I ever really sell this version ? Probably not. It's pretty sick and iconic.

Anyway need to think about it.

Yeah! Looks like they're gonna want $305 for Jane Foster Mighty Thor! By comparison, this is a steal.

It really is, I can only imagine what Tobey and Andrew will be when they go up.

Absolutely ridiculous, especially with what you get for the deluxe with Vader.

The the £/$ value is so bad right now I don't think I can justify buying Hot Toys until things (hopefully) settle, especially with the price of everything else going up too.

Deluxe is £280 before shipping £318 ($385) shipped and then around £390 ($472) after customs.
I hear you, also for Euros. Any purchase which can be pushed out 6 months or more will make a considerable difference in the price. In that time hopefully the currencies will mean revert back down to more normal levels. For whatever reason the HKD has also remained pretty steady.

So not a good time for anyone outside of the US to buy at the moment, simply due to the exchange rate. That said I put a deposit on this as he's pretty essential to me, as I don't want to miss out.

I noticed they have 2 different lightsabers shown with this figure. :lol

In most pics they have the RO hilt. But, in two of the pictures (holding Reva's sabers and standing next to the GI) when its clipped on his belt they show the lightsaber with the shorter grips (ANH) not coming all the way up to the clamp (ESB), yet it still had the wires from the ESB that shouldn't be on the ANH hilt... :dunno

This should've been the hilt from the original ANH Vader, just like in RO, but that's Disney's mistake. But weirdly they also messed up by including this hilt with the Tarkin 2pk by giving the included ANH Vader the RO/ESB hilt. Hot Toys mistakes.... :lol

If I already owned a clean Vader, I'd do that. I think it's a really good option for people in that scenario.
I own two other Vaders and I couldn’t ever bring myself to buy just the battle damaged version when having the possibility of displaying a clean version on the rock stand when I want to for just $35 more is an option.

I couldn’t sleep at night knowing there’s that version out there but I got the regular instead. :lol

Seriously though the draw here is of course the battle damaged look but I think for an extra $35 it's worth the deluxe stuff when you are already in for $300 anyway.
Exactly my thinking too. I’m pretty pleased that it came in under $350 for the deluxe special edition. :yess:

It really is, I can only imagine what Tobey and Andrew will be when they go up.

Absolutely ridiculous, especially with what you get for the deluxe with Vader.

I think they can go lower for the Vader because most of the parts on it are re-use. I'm not getting Mighty Thor so if they can bury the cost of the Portman sculpt into that and lower the price on Padme, I'm cool, LOL.

Reading the product description I just realized that I was duped into buying Reva's lightsaber. We should all mail them over to Hasbro customer service as a gag.

Back