Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

looks like boring ass shat...but it will probably make millions...:rolleyes:

God, I am such a sucker for anything and everything Star Wars. I love the first CW series and love all the books/comics about them as well. I have no doubt that I'll love this too (how could I not with more Asajj and Grievous).

Exactly, sometimes people analize the crap out of everything so much that they forget that its just supposed to be fun.

And sadly there are a lot of people on this forum who seem to feel better about themselves by doing just that. I'll never understand the mentality of spending your time that way, but then again it's not even worth the time trying to analyze those types of people.

It's good to over analyze when it leads to in depth, sophisticated adult conversation. When it leads to "meh" type retorts, the analysis has gone beyond the point of having a purpose.

I'm not big on animation styles or video games these days, so I don't have basis for comparison of this cartoon, but I like the style of this cartoon, it's got a blend of various styles. I see the video game aspect to it, but some shots also remind me of Shrek, like when Anakin and his Padawan look at each other on the ship in the shadows.

Kinda silly, but I do hope whoever scores the film and show continues the Star Wars feel like Tartakovsky's composer did.

Exactly, sometimes people analize the crap out of everything so much that they forget that its just supposed to be fun.

That's pretty much what has happened to Star Wars. In some ways Star Wars is not really that fun to talk about and sometimes collect. People just want to rag on everything because it doesn't fit their childhood memories.

Looks better than Episodes I and II (not saying much) and the original series ruled so I'll scope it.

Why? It's a very low bar to reach... and the Genndy Tartatovsky CLONE WARS was better than the prequels, imho.

Well I would disagree that the Clone Wars was better than the prequels. I watched the Clone Wars a few times and it was really cool, but I won't watch them anywhere near as often as I will watch the prequels. My two cousins who are also big Star Wars fans (one 8, the other 22) watched very little before getting bored and stopped watching it.

On the other hand, if you want to make it an analogy then I would agree it will be better. Clone Wars is better for a cartoon series than the prequels are for a movie series. But just pure clone wars isn't better than the prequels.

Well I would disagree that the Clone Wars was better than the prequels.

Me too. I enjoyed the prequels(yes, even Episode I) far more than the Clone Wars TV show. This new series, however, looks much better to me than the original cartoon so I'm very anxious to see it.

I am really looking forward to this. The prequel eras leaves so much to the imagination.

My wife and I showed up pretty early to see Iron Man tonight so we decided to duck into the beginning of Speed Racer and watch a little bit to kill some time. We ended up walking in during the coming attractions and saw a new extended trailer for the theatrical Clone Wars.

It was AWESOME. Just hearing the sound of all that lightsaber fighting with Duel of the Fates through a state of the art theater sound system instantly brought back all of the wondrous nostalgia of Star Wars on the big screen. I'm really looking forward to this!

Me too. I enjoyed the prequels(yes, even Episode I) far more than the Clone Wars TV show. This new series, however, looks much better to me than the original cartoon so I'm very anxious to see it.

It is all about preference but I personally think the Clone Wars cartoon was better than the prequels. It may be because if felt more like a samurai/western with how badass they made the Jedi forces or how cool they made the bad guys, especially General Grievous.
I guess the character of Grievous is what put Clone Wars over the top for me.
How could Grievous be so cool in the cartoon and so lame in the movie?
It may have also helped that there was minimal dialogue with the characters' faces and body language conveying their emotion.
I was scepitical at first about the new Clone Wars stuff but after the preview before Speed Racer I am starting to come around. Can't hardly wait.

Last edited:

My wife and I showed up pretty early to see Iron Man tonight so we decided to duck into the beginning of Speed Racer and watch a little bit to kill some time. We ended up walking in during the coming attractions and saw a new extended trailer for the theatrical Clone Wars.

It was AWESOME. Just hearing the sound of all that lightsaber fighting with Duel of the Fates through a state of the art theater sound system instantly brought back all of the wondrous nostalgia of Star Wars on the big screen. I'm really looking forward to this!

Yeah, it really looks like it's going to be pretty cool. Star Wars will always have a special place in my heart and I don't let myself get drawn into the negativity that fandom seems to bring out in people. I just enjoy it for what it is.

Back