Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hardly even remember those parts--from those all I remember was the clones being pretty lame, they had Tarkin in the Citadel episodes and they destroyed his character, and Savage never impressed me--since they gave him a terrible name and were trying to hard to remake Darth Maul

if you didn't like anything about last season or don't think it's going to get better, then you probably shouldn't watch. Why would you want too?

:exactly: If nothing from the whole previous seasons have interested you, what's the point of continuing to watch if you "already know" it's not going to get any better:dunno

I'll say it again for the cheap seats, this show kicks major A$$!

Love the character development over the three previous seasons, this one's hotting up as well. The action is breathtaking in some episodes, not like all the other drivel they have put us through over the years like the Talkinator for instance.

Lovin' It!
D

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

I hardly even remember those parts--from those all I remember was the clones being pretty lame, they had Tarkin in the Citadel episodes and they destroyed his character, and Savage never impressed me--since they gave him a terrible name and were trying to hard to remake Darth Maul

So why do you watch the show again? :dunno

Tarkin was great. I don't really see how they "destroyed" his character at all. Neither he nor Anakin are anywhere near where they were in SW. And you need to seriously check your pulse if you didn't enjoy the Savage story. :huh

This week's ep was a strange one, to be sure. As previously stated, the beginning and end were solid, but the middle...who the heck decided to go with "The-Wizard-of-Oz-in-10-Minutes-with-Droids-and-Dumb-Aliens"? Just a very peculiar direction. This show can do much better, here's hoping it finds some traction for this season soon!

And I'm not completely opposed to the nod at Wizard of Oz, but having it occur on two unrelated planets is probably the biggest headscratcher.

So why do you watch the show again? :dunno

Tarkin was great. I don't really see how they "destroyed" his character at all. Neither he nor Anakin are anywhere near where they were in SW. And you need to seriously check your pulse if you didn't enjoy the Savage story. :huh

I guess it's out of hope that they can do something good with it.

With Tarkin they just made him into a stereotype, they just made him into an _______ and his character has more than that to him.

Let's go through what's wrong with Savage

#1 his name, really, Savage Opress? That's retarded, like how they had the shark guy in the water episodes. Shows no creativity.
#2 there aren't supposed to be any Zabrak on Dathomir. Just another way they're taking stuff and destroying them
#3 He's basically just a yellow copy of Darth Maul
#4 his origin story is really lame

Most of the stories of the show seem like they're written without really thinking about it.

:exactly: If nothing from the whole previous seasons have interested you, what's the point of continuing to watch if you "already know" it's not going to get any better:dunno

The same question i ask myself after each epsiode

thenammagazine said
And you need to seriously check your pulse if you didn't enjoy the Savage story.

nice visuals but just seemed to not relate to my star wars univers

like much of the series in fact

I guess it's out of hope that they can do something good with it.

With Tarkin they just made him into a stereotype, they just made him into an _______ and his character has more than that to him.

Let's go through what's wrong with Savage

#1 his name, really, Savage Opress? That's retarded, like how they had the shark guy in the water episodes. Shows no creativity.
#2 there aren't supposed to be any Zabrak on Dathomir. Just another way they're taking stuff and destroying them
#3 He's basically just a yellow copy of Darth Maul
#4 his origin story is really lame

Most of the stories of the show seem like they're written without really thinking about it.

I dunno. The brief characterization we glimpse in Star Wars shows Tarkin to be an arrogant ass comfortable in his rank. If you're going by EU stuff, then don't. The series is canon, per Lucas, so anything outside of that and the films should be viewed as fan fiction. Sucks, but that's the way it goes (and this is coming from a HUGE fan of Traviss' Republic Commandos series). :huh

As for Savage....
1: Because all the other Star Wars characters have really cool names, right? :cuckoo:
2: See EU point regarding Tarkin.
3: Generic stereotype. Despite being a different color, there were many differences.
4: If you think so, fine. But his was more exciting than many A-listers' origins.

While I'm not naive enough to say that the whole series is great, that's not really a fair statement. Sure there are bad episodes, and most people nowadays can't sit through a classroom lecture let alone an episode of Star Wars about politics. But when the show is good, it's really good, containing all the classic elements that made me like Star Wars seeing it in the theatre in '77.

The same question i ask myself after each epsiode

thenammagazine said
And you need to seriously check your pulse if you didn't enjoy the Savage story.

nice visuals but just seemed to not relate to my star wars univers

like much of the series in fact

So again, why continue to watch it if it's only wasting your time? :dunno

Considering how much the show goes against the movies, I can't see it as canon.

And for names, Savage Opress is just one step above Ima Badguy

I honestly can't think of any worse names out of Star Wars

I dunno; a lot of the Sith end up in that "Darth Obvious" category: Tyrannus, Sidious, Maul. Even things like Mon Calamari are pretty silly when you think about it.

While agreed that Savage Opress is a bit much, its still not completely out of character for SW names. Although the situation is made worse by creating a Maul 2.0 and also giving him a cheesey name.

Why continue to worry about why others are watching :huh

It's called discussion. :duh

I dunno; a lot of the Sith end up in that "Darth Obvious" category: Tyrannus, Sidious, Maul. Even things like Mon Calamari are pretty silly when you think about it.

Don't forget about the main baddy, Darth Vader. Vader means "father" (in Dutch) so it's not like George was being uber creative with any of the names. :lol

Last weeks episode had a very detailed brief sequence , the one where R2 is sealing the entrance by shooting the cable to the stone doorway. It looked almost life like versus digital animation. Did any one else catch that? I don’t know if it was done so hi-res purposely or maybe the steam effect caused it?

Laughing at savage opress's name seems like laughing at why they call the big yellow bird, big bird :dunno :lol

Seriously, this is a series aimed at kids. If you treat it as such, you'll enjoy the show..believe me.

I hated the 2008 movie, since i was expecting something like the live-action movies. Now that i know it's very much made for kids, im starting to enjoy the series. Makes me reminisce the times when i first saw the other movies as a kid

It's called discussion. :duh

Don't forget about the main baddy, Darth Vader. Vader means "father" (in Dutch) so it's not like George was being uber creative with any of the names. :lol

Really... I never knew that about Vader's meaning; that's pretty funny.

And I know its discussion, but you seem to be using that as a way to shut down discussion rather than encourage. Kind of like "why watch/discuss if you don't like" which to me comes off like a conversation ender.

I always loved the name Mon Calamary no matter how dumb it sounds. BTW, did that species made it into the SW cookbook? Wonder how they made a politically correct recipe?
Plus: No GL bashing, other movies aren't ahead, some heroes were just called Highlander because he was born on the Highlands.

Back