Star Wars Celebration 2022 Sideshow Booth Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope they make a Plo Koon, eventually. I don't want an animated version - I'd like to see them make a realistic take on him, regardless of whether it's under TPM, ROTS or TCW line.

As we saw in The Clone Wars, Plo Koon was very close with Obi-Wan and arguably a better mentor to Ahsoka than Anakin in the early seasons of the show. He was also awesome to play the old Jedi Power Battles game with. And above all else - his clone commander was Wolffe.

Really would love to see Hot Toys take on Plo Koon and Wolffe. Would be neat to display them with Ahsoka and Rex.

A phase 1 and 2 white armoured clone would be their easiest figure for a Con.
With AOTC 20th..Padme,Mace,Kit Fisto and Padawan Anakin would be nice for a PO.

I really hope they make a Plo Koon, eventually. I don't want an animated version - I'd like to see them make a realistic take on him, regardless of whether it's under TPM, ROTS or TCW line.

As we saw in The Clone Wars, Plo Koon was very close with Obi-Wan and arguably a better mentor to Ahsoka than Anakin in the early seasons of the show. He was also awesome to play the old Jedi Power Battles game with. And above all else - his clone commander was Wolffe.

Really would love to see Hot Toys take on Plo Koon and Wolffe. Would be neat to display them with Ahsoka and Rex.
Plo Koon yes 👍🏻

Well according to the latest Sideshow email there will be a new hot toys display with never before seen figures. It also confirms there will be an exclusive from hot toys and Sideshow. Really hoping they're something special.
Screenshot_20220424-175209_Chrome~2.jpg

Bespin Escape Leia
This would be great, and easily do-able with what they already have tooled. That would be a fantastic choice personally. I would be very happy with that. While I'm expecting some sort of trooper, just for expectation management sake, I still also have hope in something like this. I mean Dark Side Anakin was a great choice imo over a trooper variant. So I'm hoping it's something along those lines. I am extremely curious to see what Sideshow plans to do as well.

It'll be a clone of some type. Now that they made Vaughn, they can tweak that helmet design and use mostly exiting parts. Wolffe is a possibility, albeit, not likely. They could use a lot of existing parts, but have to tweak the portrait and make a new bucket.

HT isn't going to make Plo Koon. They didn't make green alien man Kit Fisto after they made a prototype. They haven't even made Mace Windu, a far more prominent Jedi Master. Or Bespin Han for that matter.
Really starting to think about just picking up those old Sideshow PT Jedi at this point and doing a body swap on them. The Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi both look quite good to me. Making that Aayla Secura look good might be a bit more challenging (requiring a full Phicen body swap and all over re-paint). You just get sick of waiting for Hot Toys, who'd much rather spend their time making troopers and easy re-paints. They've definitely been Hasbroing it a bit during covid.

Really starting to think about just picking up those old Sideshow PT Jedi at this point and doing a body swap on them. The Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi both look quite good to me. Making that Aayla Secura look good might be a bit more challenging (requiring a full Phicen body swap and all over re-paint). You just get sick of waiting for Hot Toys, who'd much rather spend their time making troopers and easy re-paints. They've definitely been Hasbroing it a bit during covid.

It's really hard to say what Star Wars figures HT will and won't make. Same goes for lots of OT era figures. For a moment I thought I wasted time and money cobbling together a Bespin Han and now I'm glad I did.

I do think HT will eventually get around to characters like Windu and Padme, heck maybe even Plo Koon if Filoni inserts him into some other show but you could possibly die waiting for it to happen.

I've got the Sideshow PT Jedi and they look quite good with the HT Star Wars offerings. You're right about the body for Aayla because of all the exposed joints, but the robed Jedi look just fine without a body swap, IMO.

Back