Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a series from the POV of the Empire and innocent people who had their lives ruined by the actions of rebel scum.

When I was a kid I would have easily traded my left nut for a Star Wars live action weekly television show.....

Now we got 2 coming and as usual , people are complaining about it.

Just enjoy the ride folks.....good or bad

Hard to enjoy it when it's bad. But I guess you can trick yourself into liking it if you turn your brain off and think "it's Star Wars!" over and over again...

In five years SW will be as unfashionable as it was in the late 1980's- you couldn't give SW stuff away then. Well maybe not that bad but it will take a fantastic SW movie that will turn heads everywhere to get it's pure magic popularity back again.

SW unfashionable late 80’s hell to the no!

Well for me anyways lol

giphy.gif

Just another dumb decision for Star Wars. Sebastian Stan, Luke Skywalker Post-ROTJ series would blow people's minds.

I thought the same exact thing. Why not go for the home run? Agree 1 billion percent!!!

They don’t know what they’re doing at Lucasfilm. They KEEP ON MAKING THE WORST CHOICES.

Rogue One had the most boring characters ever. BLLAAAAAAAAHHH! ZERO INTEREST.

A Post-ROTJ series with LUKE, CHEWIE, R2, the Falcon and some new characters? That would sell a billion subscriptions to their service.

When I was a kid I would have easily traded my left nut for a Star Wars live action weekly television show.....

Now we got 2 coming and as usual , people are complaining about it.

As a kid I would have traded my left nut for a prequel trilogy too....

I'm now old enough to recognize the damage that a deluge of content with ever diminishing quality to an IP can have. I think part of the reason I've been able to be such a passionate lifelong fan of SW is because I never embraced the EU in any form. Not Splinter of the Mind's Eye, not the Marvel comics, not the Ewoks live-action movies or cartoons and not a single one of the hundreds of spinoff novels clogging shelves from the 90's and onward.

Star Wars was always the OT and its accompanying tie-in merchandise. Not merchandise that expands the story (like comics, novels, and so on) but merchandise that simply celebrates the onscreen OT.

It doesn't mean that I've hated everything outside of the films. I still quite like the "Dark Empire" comics and love the kitschy charm of the entire Holiday Special (yes I said entire not just the Fett cartoon, lol.) But I've come to realize that since the OT the only things I've ever really needed to be 100% content are restored versions of the originals and upgraded visual effects. I *thought* that the SE's would provide both. Boy was I wrong.

But thankfully Harmy has given me the restored originals and RO has given me an "OT film" with updated effects so to speak. I'm good now. Yes I've enjoyed TFA, TLJ, and Solo. And yes I'd even be happy to see a "Solo 2." But to me the deluge of never-ending content is like an action figure collector who doesn't know when to quit and creates a collection that is its own worst enemy.

Which collection do you like more:

figures1.jpg

or

s-l1000.jpg

Even if the original 12 backs are somewhere buried in the second pic I'll choose the first collection EVERY. TIME. The smaller cluster of core icons just hits me in the feels like no sprawling wall of junk ever will. And if Disney has their way then one day we're going to have a collection of SW based films and TV shows that will absolutely consume the iconography of the OT for the generations to come which is just too bad. All IMO of course.

I knew there was risk posting such a comparison on this forum of all places. :lol And I've felt the same "bug" as probably everyone here. The allure of just one more figure or a "complete" set of whatever toy line or movie franchise. But I'll just say that it can be a slippery slope when you consider the endgame of actually having a zillion figures or live-action movies/TV shows when all is said and done.

Wow will you just look at the facepalm cluster **** of action figures mushed together.

I would never have a shelf like that.

*double checks to make sure no photos exist of my ML/MS shelves.....whew none do.

I'm more disciplined than I was when I joined this forum but it was already too late and the damage was done as far as amassing a ridiculous amount of stuff. I still like and enjoy having most of that stuff though.

... no sprawling wall of junk ever will.

:lol

That cluttered picture of a thousand little action figures is really sad. But I totally get what it means to get "caught up" in the chase for the completion of a collection with every last possible figure. I have tons of those damn 3 3/4 inch figures growing mold in boxes in the garage. I started out wanting the original 12... and then was consumed by the dark side.

Less is more.

Back