Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once he was stranded with no means of getting back I imagine finding Ezra was very low on Thrawn’s list of priorities. Plus that structure was where the Nightsisters hung out - it wasn’t necessarily where Thrawn and his troops set up base camp. Finally, Ezra and his little friends led a nomadic existence, so hard to say how frequently they were that close to the Nightsisters.

your points make sense, but around 10 years is a LONGGGG time for a lot of stuff to happen, just crazy how they could end up so close to each other.

Going to start off with a warning even for those that saw the episode since nobody is talking about this yet.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Going to start off with a warning even for those that saw the episode since nobody is talking about this yet.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm familiar with the concept from the Clone Wars, but totally didn't expect this one, not until I came here to read your spoiler.

This episode was alright to me, seeing an entirely new galaxy felt underwhelming but meeting Thrawn in live action was as epic as seeing The Emperor for the first time in ROTJ.

All of the villains were a stand out in this episode, loved them all, seeing Night Mothers was also super cool.

But... I REALLY disliked the finding Ezra subplot, probably the worst part of this show so far. Starting off, no helmet again? why? she even got hit in the head a good 1-2 times while being surrounded by bandits. Which brings me to the lightsabers not cutting into a single one of those bandits other than that one that got a tiny nic to his helmet, really weak. Also the obvious plot armor, she's got 3 pieces of armor on and is surrounded by like 5-6 guys and doesnt take any damage.

Finding Ezra in itself seemed like a joke to me as well, it took her like an hour to find one guy on an entire planet, thanks to those little crab people that just so happened to have rebel necklaces on. Convenient.

Their reunion was really cool though until she tried to sweep her wrong doings under the rug, which just reminded m of what she did. Sabine ******* sucks 😅

ALSO go to 35:43, pay attention to Baylans mouth, the dubbing is AWFUL.
Plot contrivances, overly convenient timing, skipping of logic etc are kinda common for Filoni/ Disney. I can somewhat forgive it since the episode count is low so they need to get things moving but perhaps splitting her search and finally finding Ezra accross two episodes would have helped a lot with making the passage of time seem longer.

Variation upon variation...

This episode is a toy advert to make Hasbro's heart beat faster.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And him, though he looks a bit soft. I've always imagined him with sharper features.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
That hadn’t crossed my mind at all until you mentioned now it makes complete sense and I think it’s brilliant

Loved this episode, I think ever since 4 this show has picked up the sort of steam and pacing I've been looking for. Baylan and Shin are absolutely phenomenal once again. Their dynamic is just so interesting, I'm hanging onto every word they say. Filoni does a great job of enlightening little pieces of their characters each week that alters our perspectives on them in subtle ways. If they both survive, I really wonder how they will recast Baylan, not only for Stevenson's performance in and of itself, but also considering the way his dynamic with Shin is portrayed. It's so intricate from a performance perspective and I think that's going to be a struggle to replicate with another actor.

I thought the stuff with Sabine and the creatures felt very ROTJ with the Ewoks which I honestly really enjoyed. I do think this episode has some moments that the lack of watching Rebels means it doesn't impact me emotionally the way it will some of you, but they still work as moments in and of themselves.

Very impressed with this one honestly, it was just as good as I had hoped. Eager to see the final two episodes!

I just want to know why those crab people were all sitting in that dried up river bed together.

Maybe they secretly hate Ezra and wanted to get away. They took Sabine to him because they thought she'd get rid of him for them. :lol

Episode was fine but tonally very weird and jarring to sandwich Dr. Dolittle and crab people trailer park moments between something as important as Thrawn's return, the Nightsisters, Night troopers, and y'know, setting up for a galactic invasion.

I just want to know why those crab people were all sitting in that dried up river bed together.

Maybe they secretly hate Ezra and wanted to get away. They took Sabine to him because they thought she'd get rid of him for them. :lol

Episode was fine but tonally very weird and jarring to sandwich Dr. Dolittle and crab people trailer park moments between something as important as Thrawn's return, the Nightsisters, Night troopers, and y'know, setting up for a galactic invasion.

laughing.gif

They did a good job at making it feel like a different Galaxy. The Nightsisters and their Magick always felt otherworldly even in The Clone Wars.

They could've written it differently. Just odd to me Ezra escaped Thrawn and his star destroyer AND his army for many many years only being a couple hours at most away.

I absolutely don't wanna deal with an hour long episode of her finding him, but you cant deny its silly writing.
Thrawn clearly shows he does not care where he is. He says it. "He may be dead" obviiusly he put Ezra behind him at some point....

It not silly unless you assume Thrawn made him his mortal enemy at some point.

I think it was so Filoni could show (literally) that Sabine would leave no stone unturned in her search for Ezra. :chase

My main problem with this show is how unnatural the contact lenses look. Ahsoka's were a bit weird in Mando but they fixed them.

Hera's look awful and so do Ezra's.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I have to admit that their being zombies didn't completely register for me but it explains the cultish "Thrawn!" chanting and the odd appearances of many of them. I initially thought they'd come to worship Thrawn (sort of like Khan's people did him in Star Trek) for keeping them alive all this time with his superior intellect, and their ragtag appearance was a result of the harsh conditions they’d faced since their exile.
So,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back