Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peeps are failing to see this is Ahsoka’s story. ;)

So I can forgive Lucas for a lot of things. But the Kit Fisto death still bothers me. He's clearly a green tinted gangster of Corellian sized proportions. I wanted to see him slaughter like 50 Palpatine bodyguards first, then do something cool like chop off the old man's leg first. Take an arm. Maybe toss in a few thermal detonators into that private chamber first before entering. I'd rather have a Kit Fisto show than an Ashoka show. But I probably stand alone in that.

Obi Wan's show wasn't really about Obi Wan. Boba Fett's show wasn't really about Boba Fett. The last season of the Mandalorian was not about the Mandalorian. I just don't think Filoni is going to bother to really make it about Ashoka. What makes Ashoka so different from the other Jedi with more expansive coverage? The animated stuff allowed for a bit more long form storytelling, and Filoni won't have those options here. The Big Mouse's mandate is to print money. "Canon" is an inconvenient speed bump now to that end. There are no more rules to honor legacy fans, it's just seeking out what can be monetized.

Just some thoughts.

PS What if the Kit Fisto show was built around a mystery starting off on an online dating site in the Star Wars Universe. Admiral Ackbar needed the credits, so he started a dating site called "Plenty Of Calamari" And Fisto thought he was just swiping right on a single mother on Tatooine, but it ends up being an ambush. He knew something was wrong when his "date" wasn't there, in her empty seat was a brand new hair brush with a thermal detonator duct taped to it. Fisto doesn't talk the whole episode, but by the end, he's standing over a pile of dead Sullustian prostitutes, he weeps and breaks out into song over the end credits.

"It's not easy bein' green
Having to spend each solar cycle
The color of the a Twi'lek
When I think I could be in an X wing squadron
Bein' in Red or Grey or Gold
Or flying sorties much more colorful like that
It's not easy bein' green
It seems you blend in
With so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over
'Cause you're not standing out like an exhaust port only two meters wide
Like flashy sparkles on moisture farms
Or Star Destroyer turbo lasers in the sky
But green's the color of my lightsaber
And green can be cool and friendly like Aunt Beru
And green can be big like a half built Death Star
Or important like a Midi-clorian count or tall like a Wookie
When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why those aren't the droids I'm looking for
But, why wonder, why wonder so many Bothans died to get us this information?
I'm green and it'll do fine
It's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be"

Yes another great episode, which explains why it felt like it ended much too quickly. Only thing I found odd was that Ahsoka’s buoyant mood from episode 5 didn’t carry over to her opening scene.
It was a great episode very 80’s fantasy like which is a win in my book.

I was ok with her demeanor because of her needing to let out that Sabine betrayed her.

She continues to look absolutely stunning as Ahsoka.

Music and Nightsisters were awesome standouts.

This episode was alright to me, seeing an entirely new galaxy felt underwhelming but meeting Thrawn in live action was as epic as seeing The Emperor for the first time in ROTJ.

All of the villains were a stand out in this episode, loved them all, seeing Night Mothers was also super cool.

But... I REALLY disliked the finding Ezra subplot, probably the worst part of this show so far. Starting off, no helmet again? why? she even got hit in the head a good 1-2 times while being surrounded by bandits. Which brings me to the lightsabers not cutting into a single one of those bandits other than that one that got a tiny nic to his helmet, really weak. Also the obvious plot armor, she's got 3 pieces of armor on and is surrounded by like 5-6 guys and doesnt take any damage.

Finding Ezra in itself seemed like a joke to me as well, it took her like an hour to find one guy on an entire planet, thanks to those little crab people that just so happened to have rebel necklaces on. Convenient.

Their reunion was really cool though until she tried to sweep her wrong doings under the rug, which just reminded m of what she did. Sabine ******* sucks 😅

ALSO go to 35:43, pay attention to Baylans mouth, the dubbing is AWFUL.

I'll settle for the real fallen hero of the PT:

cGHxIsT.jpg

RWWAAWWRRRRR!

*crashes*

This episode was alright to me, seeing an entirely new galaxy felt underwhelming but meeting Thrawn in live action was as epic as seeing The Emperor for the first time in ROTJ.

All of the villains were a stand out in this episode, loved them all, seeing Night Mothers was also super cool.

But... I REALLY disliked the finding Ezra subplot, probably the worst part of this show so far. Starting off, no helmet again? why? she even got hit in the head a good 1-2 times while being surrounded by bandits. Which brings me to the lightsabers not cutting into a single one of those bandits other than that one that got a tiny nic to his helmet, really weak. Also the obvious plot armor, she's got 3 pieces of armor on and is surrounded by like 5-6 guys and doesnt take any damage.

Finding Ezra in itself seemed like a joke to me as well, it took her like an hour to find one guy on an entire planet, thanks to those little crab people that just so happened to have rebel necklaces on. Convenient.

Their reunion was really cool though until she tried to sweep her wrong doings under the rug, which just reminded m of what she did. Sabine ******* sucks 😅

Sabine lost her helmet in Episode 4. If you rewatch the start of Episode 5 you’ll see that Huyang was holding it when Hera found him.

This episode is more a breather and looks to be more about setting up for the final 2 episodes. Even then, it was still a wonderful episode.

I wonder what Thrawn has in store for Ahsoka. I really do think the end of this series will have Thrawn as the victor.

did you want a 5 hour epic story of her covering the planet for one guy?

Honestly, thats would kinda be boring, and with so little time left to tell the story, they had to move the plot along somehow.

It was a great episode very 80’s fantasy like which is a win in my book.

I was ok with her demeanor because of her needing to let out that Sabine betrayed her.

She continues to look absolutely stunning as Ahsoka.

Music and Nightsisters were awesome standouts.
Yeah, I guess she did need to share that. Otherwise it might eat at her like her Jedi master becoming an evil, murderous Sith. Looks like that final lesson is paying off lol.

I loved the music and the sound effects. The Nightsisters’ voices were cool, plus the sound & visuals when the Eye Of Scion came out of hyperspace were great.

did you want a 5 hour epic story of her covering the planet for one guy?

Honestly, thats would kinda be boring, and with so little time left to tell the story, they had to move the plot along somehow.

They could've written it differently. Just odd to me Ezra escaped Thrawn and his star destroyer AND his army for many many years only being a couple hours at most away.

I absolutely don't wanna deal with an hour long episode of her finding him, but you cant deny its silly writing.

They could've written it differently. Just odd to me Ezra escaped Thrawn and his star destroyer AND his army for many many years only being a couple hours at most away.

I absolutely don't wanna deal with an hour long episode of her finding him, but you cant deny its silly writing.
Once he was stranded with no means of getting back I imagine finding Ezra was very low on Thrawn’s list of priorities. Plus that structure was where the Nightsisters hung out - it wasn’t necessarily where Thrawn and his troops set up base camp. Finally, Ezra and his little friends led a nomadic existence, so hard to say how frequently they were that close to the Nightsisters.

Back