Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ikfbNUL.jpg

Yeah I hope the same but I'm not convinced Filoni really understands Thrawn or that his writing will be different for live action. We can only hope for the best. Who knows, maybe Filoni read all of Zahn's Thrawn books and now appreciates Thrawn on a deeper level than "he likes art".

My dude, these are the people that made bleeping BOBA FETT shout threats at a mute kitchen droid. Anyone expecting deep Thrawn insights is going to crash harder than that ship in the opening sequence of the original "Pitch Black."

Its much more likely that Thrawn is going to land his command shuttle, stride into the nearest cantina and start berating the Weequay behind the bar for incompetance.

You know I'm right.

Maybe he won't even be revealed until the finale like Gideon in S1 -- look for him in S2.
Yeah, Ahsoka will join up with Sabine, Hera, Zeb and Chopper and spend the first 7 episodes futilely searching for Thrawn and Ezra before finally realizing that none of them have any tracking skills whatsoever, so in episode 8 she'll enlist Mando to find them. Which he'll do just in time for the classic "To be continued..." to fill our TV screens.

Yeah, Ahsoka will join up with Sabine, Hera, Zeb and Chopper and spend the first 7 episodes futilely searching for Thrawn and Ezra before finally realizing that none of them have any tracking skills whatsoever, so in episode 8 she'll enlist Mando to find them. Which he'll do just in time for the classic "To be continued..." to fill our TV screens.
Nah, they will just grab a tracking fob first episode and say "oh, Thrawn is conveniently over that hill" then spend the next several episodes planning the journey, running out of fuel, stopping for dinner, investigating a murder in an episode guest starring Kesha and Kanye West, non related episode about DR Pershings catatonic body in a care home, an episode where they fight a pirate who looks like a large mushroom then finally they meet Thrawn in the final episode (that is 15 mins long) where he anticlimactically gets shot by a group of female characters who then rescue Ezra (played by Ezra Miller in surprise cameo).

Last edited:
Yeah I hope the same but I'm not convinced Filoni really understands Thrawn or that his writing will be different for live action. We can only hope for the best. Who knows, maybe Filoni read all of Zahn's Thrawn books and now appreciates Thrawn on a deeper level than "he likes art".

Filoni was a co-creator of Rebels and not the only EP. There were also many people writing for the show. Which are both normal for a series of that nature, but he was not the only one writing Thrawn.

Ahsoka is going to be a much tighter ship with fewer hands steering. Filoni wrote it, and is really the main showrunner. We can't really gauge how it'll be based on other projects he didn't have that amount of control over. It's up to him now and I'm reserving judgement till after I watch it.

I'm personally not really worried. He's made some odd choices at times but he does understand Star Wars and I think Mando S3 might've needed more of his input to balance out Favreau.

What he said at Star Wars Celebration:
At the panel, Filoni described the character as a villain in the mold of Sherlock Holmes’ adversary Moriarty: “He doesn’t have the Force but it doesn’t matter. He will outsmart you and trap you.” And he said that he and fellow Ahsoka exec producer Jon Favreau have been in touch with Zahn and plan on follow-up meetings “because it’s his thing. And I feel really feel privileged that Lars will bring him to life this way. We want to make sure we get it right.”

Filoni was a co-creator of Rebels and not the only EP. There were also many people writing for the show. Which are both normal for a series of that nature, but he was not the only one writing Thrawn.

Ahsoka is going to be a much tighter ship with fewer hands steering. Filoni wrote it, and is really the main showrunner. We can't really gauge how it'll be based on other projects he didn't have that amount of control over. It's up to him now and I'm reserving judgement till after I watch it.

I'm personally not really worried. He's made some odd choices at times but he does understand Star Wars and I think Mando S3 might've needed more of his input to balance out Favreau.

What he said at Star Wars Celebration:
At the panel, Filoni described the character as a villain in the mold of Sherlock Holmes’ adversary Moriarty: “He doesn’t have the Force but it doesn’t matter. He will outsmart you and trap you.” And he said that he and fellow Ahsoka exec producer Jon Favreau have been in touch with Zahn and plan on follow-up meetings “because it’s his thing. And I feel really feel privileged that Lars will bring him to life this way. We want to make sure we get it right.”
I'm still not expecting Zahn levels of Thrawn. Maybe he'll (Filoni) handle Thrawn better than Rebels did or maybe it'll be worse. I'll always have Zahn's original works with Thrawn. Filoni and Disney can do what they want with the character.
It's a moot point for me personally anyway. Aside from a curiosity whether they'll get Thrawn right, I have no interest in this show. I just hope fans in general enjoy it.

Oh please I highly doubt Disney will do a Justice to thrawn. Come on . We all did this same dance a million times. It’s gonna come out, it’s not going to be like the lore before it, fans will complain and make vids, the studio will point fingers at the fans and say they had to ground him for the ga then…. Well yea

Back