Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard!

@ e30ernest

Maybe she had been cancelled :lol

LOL....

The editing was really bad on this episode. The stuff on Earth happens in a span of how long? And the scenes from the Cube are supposed to be at the very most 30 minutes (that was the amount of time given to her to interview that person). But the editing makes it seem it's happening concurrently (unless of course this is another one of the shows with different timelines).

Ok a few more things I don't get....

Spoiler Spoiler:

This episode just soured me towards this series. :panic:

I don't think she was jealous of what he owned she was mad that he gave up and decided to live in a fancy house of comfort instead of continuing the fight... Her living in the trailer seemed more like she wanted to live off the grid, not have big brother watching her, I think she was upset with Picard becase she felt abandon and alone due to Picard not staying in contact with her... at least that's what I got out of it...

The moneyless society of Earth that they talked about in earlier shows like TNG is probably more based on that everyone has basic living conditions, they get the basics, a home, food, clothing, etc... but those with more prestiege who work in higher positions of power no doubt get better living conditions... Also keep in mind that everyone else outside of Earth live in a monetary system...
so money does come into play unless you only stay on Earth...

I imagine if you want a personal starship you can't just request one, you have to probably buy one from a manufacturer outside of Earth... Also, keep in mind that in Deep Space Nine the federation did pay their officers money, how else do you think they were able to buy drinks and gamble at Quarks?

Last edited:

3 episodes in and it just doesn't grab me. It's a bloody mess, with endless jumps all over the place with choppy scenes and shoddy performances. Disappointed. Bring in Seven and Riker already!

Episode 4 was much better. Always love it when Jonathan Frakes is on the director's chair. There are still some weird beats:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Next episode is still under the helm of Frakes. I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.

The stuff that happened in that Borg ship in this episode is cringe-worthy.

I'm finding it all quite boring so far I must say.

And I had to laugh when they all assumed the great pilot at the end was going to be a man and the viewer is also probably meant to make that assumption. Ehhh, not with new Trek. Expectations have been firmly set to female for just about everything.

I aint even mad though because I knew it was going to be Jeri Ryan, finally. And episode ends. ****ers!!

I'm finding it all quite boring so far I must say.

And I had to laugh when they all assumed the great pilot at the end was going to be a man and the viewer is also probably meant to make that assumption. Ehhh, not with new Trek. Expectations have been firmly set to female for just about everything.

I aint even mad though because I knew it was going to be Jeri Ryan, finally. And episode ends. ****ers!!

They kinda gave away who that pilot was on the credits at the beginning of the episode (she was listed as a guest star). Calling the pilot a man just felt stupid since the audience probably knew who she was already (unless the audience knew nothing about Trek).

That was the reason I knew it was her, credited and hadn't yet made her appearance. I'm looking forward to her interactions with Picard. I guess she'll be angry with him like everyone else seems to be though :lol

That was the reason I knew it was her, credited and hadn't yet made her appearance. I'm looking forward to her interactions with Picard. I guess she'll be angry with him like everyone else seems to be though :lol

Hahahaha poor Picard.

To be fair, he is starting to look and act like the old Picard now. Less weary and more confident. Maybe Patrick Stewart is playing the old-weary admiral whose slowly finding himself again once he got to space.

Yeah, the show is bumming me out a tad. It's way better than the last TNG movie, but let's hope the rest of the eps are better. Glad Seven of Nine is gonna be in next week big time

Do not like seeing Picard as a has-been. And the 'Destroyer of Worlds' storyline is going nowhere fast as of now.

I have to agree with him. This show is boring me at best and turning me aghast in some parts at how non-Star Trek it is.

Discovery wins hands down... so far it's lazy and not very creative

So I just got to watching this (was busy finishing The Expanse and The Man in the High Castle), and other than TOS, TNG and Discovery, I haven?t watched any other ST shows, so how do Picard and 7of9 know each other? Do Voyager and TNG happen on the same timeline?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Voyager was set in the same timeline as TNG, albeit in the Delta quadrant as opposed to the Alpha quadrant. The timeline didn't branch off until the Abrams movies. Picard and Seven have never met before but they'd know eachother by reputation. Seven would have memory of Locutus/Picard from when she was in the Borg Collective. Picard would probably only know of Seven since she arrived back in the alpha quadrant with Voyager.

Did anyone else get the vibe that they were going out of the way to set up a spinoff show for Seven in this? Borg Mandalorian here we come!

Did anyone else get the vibe that they were going out of the way to set up a spinoff show for Seven in this? Borg Mandalorian here we come!

I don't like the direction her character took though. And hey wasted Icheb.... So far, Seven's appearance was just all for nostalgia, which is unfortunate. This show is turning into a mess...

[...]

I have to agree with him. This show is boring me at best and turning me aghast in some parts at how non-Star Trek it is.

Yes to all of this. Seems to be symptomatic of our confused and very angry cultural moment.

I love Star Trek. I have watched half and episode of Discovery and half and episode of Picard, and have zero interest in watching anymore.

I am willing to wait another 5 years until we get a decent show. Nowadays there is so much content and and so many shows that you can find something with half-way decent writing if you look.

I stopped watching Discovery aswell - before hipster Spock even appeared. The present-day young person speak was annoying the crap out of me there as much as here.

And the cursing - I don't even mind cursing, my posts can be variously padded out with ****s - but it's not Star Trek. Cursing had been phased out of the space-time continuum - that's why in Star Trek IV when they travelled back to the 1980s they made a big deal out of the fact that people were using, as they called it - colourful metaphors.

5 episodes in and it's not grabbing me. Was that extreme violence necessary at the start of the latest episode? I'll watch Patrick as Picard in anything but it just feels alien watching him dropped into this awful environment. I need to go and watch old TNG episodes to remind me how great he is.

Voyager was set in the same timeline as TNG, albeit in the Delta quadrant as opposed to the Alpha quadrant. The timeline didn't branch off until the Abrams movies. Picard and Seven have never met before but they'd know eachother by reputation. Seven would have memory of Locutus/Picard from when she was in the Borg Collective. Picard would probably only know of Seven since she arrived back in the alpha quadrant with Voyager.

Thanks for the explanation!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Back