Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard!

Some good callbacks on this episode:

I'm surprised they didn't mention Riker feels like he was reprising his role as the Chef in Enterprise. Cooking stuff, while giving Picard advice. :D

Good episode, but was pretty much just one teeming with nostalgia that involved the three friends reminiscing about the good ol’ days and singing each other’s praises. Which is pretty much why I liked it, because as with Hugh in the previous episode like another poster mentioned, it’s nice to finally see people who are ecstatic to see Picard that would do anything for him without him having to ask.

Ahhh the Berman days look so tremendous now...he had several Trek shows going at once and all were excellent as a whole

Ahhh the Berman days look so tremendous now...he had several Trek shows going at once and all were excellent as a whole

Dude. No. Voyager is still the ****test Trek ever. If for one reason: the wasted potential of a cool set up.

Granted. This show's writing is all over the place. The main problem for me: new characters are drama queens. And the use of F-bombs comes across to me like, 'look at us, we can swear!'

The show is just ok. One dimensional Romulans are a big issue. Aside from Elnor. He's the one interesting Romulan. Narrisa (sister to bro dude Romulan) is such an awful charicture, I'm almost embarassed. If she had a mustache, she would be twirling it every scene. lol

The show is wasting some major talent. Harry Treadaway is an incredible actor. Frustrates me that he is given so little to work with. Alison Pill is a very talented actress, but lord I want to punch her character in the face.

Voyager was my entry to Star Trek, so it will always hold a "special place" in my heart. :lol I do admit it has its bad times, but there are some good episodes there.

I just finished watching the DS9 Documentary. DS9 was something I only really appreciated much later. Back then it was Voyager, then I got into TOS, then TNG. DS9 I only really watched after college.

I like Voyager quite abit…..Kate is really good as a Captain and the Doctor one of the best new Trek characters in ages

Back to Picard, this was another episode I liked. Patrick Stewart is much more like the Picard I remembered in this one. They do a lot of exposition in this episode, and I don't really understand how the characters came to their theories/conclusions on what's happening but the Picard/Soji, Soji/Jurati and Raffi/Rios interactions made up for that IMO. Not sure where they are headed with the Borg story, but it left me intrigued so that's good I guess.

Yeah, the Borg storyline will be interesting to see.
I've enjoyed the show, not my favourite, but it's good.

This episode felt like it was rushing to set the pieces up for the finale. So far I'm ok where this is at and I'm looking forward to how the pieces will fall together.

My issues with Voyager were not the cast of characters or the actors. I just feel like Voyager could have been so much better. With the original set up of some among the crew being Federation and some being Marquis. But by EP 5, all of that was placed far on the back burner. Or seemingly. We could have had a DS9-level complexity with Voyager, had Braga and Berman truly explored the original dynamic. I feel like they placed it safe. And the Kazon sucked ass.

View attachment 481935

So inferior they cannot replicate water, but have apparently spread out through an entire galaxy. LOL - no. I know I'm not being fair, I believe the Kazon was phased out after season 1? I haven't watched a single episode since its original air date.

As for this episode of Picard, I will say this: the line, 'have you ******ed her yet?' or something like that should have no place in TNG era. Every time this show drops an F-bomb, it just seems out-of-place. Picard could have really explored the Romulan culture in a way TNG show did so well for the Klingons, but was not meant to be. The scene with the Romulan dude around the campfire with the new crew was a cool scene. I wanted more like that. Sorry, I am terrible at remembering names.

I think the last 10 min of Picard is going to cause a lot of divisive reactions.

Isa Briones is hot as are all her iterations.

I'm almost 50 now, so Michelle Hurd all the way for me.

Last edited:

Isa Briones is hot as are all her iterations.

I concur.

My issues with Voyager .......... the Kazon sucked ass.

I concur.

As for this episode of Picard, I will say this: the line, 'have you ******ed her yet?' or something like that should have no place in TNG era. Every time this show drops an F-bomb, it just seems out-of-place

I concur.

I think the last 10 min of Picard is going to cause a lot of divisive reactions.

The last number of major scenes were the only stuff I somewhat liked although I'm tentatively expecting that certain youtube channels will persuade me it was all complete codswallop.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm almost 50 now, so Michelle Hurd all the way for me.

Alas Isa Briones is below the half your age plus 7 rule for me but Peyton List (evil romulan girl) is more eligible and I wouldn't say no to her

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

Yeah I'm smack in the middle in terms of liking or hating the last half. I loved it because:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hate it because:
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's all really. Overall I liked this season. I'd watch a Season 2 if it comes out.

I was at least impressed that

Spoiler Spoiler:

But then they go and

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also think the bonds between the various other characters seem forced. I don't know why Romulan Elrond appeared to care about Hugh or Seven for example. Is it just his nature to latch onto people he has known for all of 5 minutes?

As far as the story details of Episode 10 - really looking forward to RLM's take on it, I can see them absolutely destroying it. To me, so much seemed wrong with it - I mentioned hot evil romulan girl - I'm struggling to remember why and how she was even in this episode? I actually thought she was killed by some of the Borg in a previous one. What purpose did she serve here?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Unfortunately I think this show was closer to Bay-tier than Star Trek should rightly be.

If there's a second season I'll probably still give it a look but man I just don't like what they seem to think Trek has to be now between the Abrams-verse, Discovery and Picard.

Isa Briones is hot.

That’s the biggest thing I‘ve gleaned from this series as well.

Yeah I'm smack in the middle in terms of liking or hating the last half. I loved it because:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hate it because:
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's all really. Overall I liked this season. I'd watch a Season 2 if it comes out.

I was at least impressed that

Spoiler Spoiler:

But then they go and

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also think the bonds between the various other characters seem forced. I don't know why Romulan Elrond appeared to care about Hugh or Seven for example. Is it just his nature to latch onto people he has known for all of 5 minutes?

As far as the story details of Episode 10 - really looking forward to RLM's take on it, I can see them absolutely destroying it. To me, so much seemed wrong with it - I mentioned hot evil romulan girl - I'm struggling to remember why and how she was even in this episode? I actually thought she was killed by some of the Borg in a previous one. What purpose did she serve here?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My sentiments as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall a solid episode though.

Also glad
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back