Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamond Select does weathering this nice???

No. Their prototypes always look fantastic but their production models leave much to be desired in the paint department. For the price though, it's not bad. Having said that, maybe the Bird of Prey will not look that bad since the bad paint apps could look like weathering...

I am more impressed with how well they got the aztec patterns done on the Enterprise B/Excelsior ships.These next three ships are musts for me, well at least Excelsior and the BOP.

I'm definitely getting all the ships, but again, I wish they would up their game on the paint apps. Their Enterprise HD edition had the worst paint apps I have ever seen. It looks great from about 10 feet away, but up close it looks horrendous.

I just remember seeing the Enterprise E battle damage I beleive and it was kinda hideous :p but the D is nice :D
Not sure if I do the other ships but the prices really make it easy to make a fleet ... now ......space....the final...... running out of it :(

The paint on my Enterprise D is pretty darn good for $40-50 you pay for this so, if their Ent B or Excelsior is on par with their Ent D release then i will be most satisfied.

I've seen a gradual improvement on DST paint apps since their earliest releases. With the exception of a few wayward painted windows, my Ent. D is exceptional. I just wish Art Asylum molded the windows into the hull instead of just painting them on, the ship would've looked better and it would've been easier to drill them out and put real back-lit windows in.

The BOP is a nasty looking ship so messy weathering wouldn't be too much an issue; I'm just glad there's at least some weathering.
The real question is what will light up? the impulse engine, warp drive and photon torpedo launcher are a given, but will the disruptors have any light effect (even though they also need motion), what about the "headlights" on the wings or the formation lights? I hope they go all out on the lighting.

I was going to buy all those, but maybe I am one of the causes of the cancellation because I rarely pre-order anything.

:mad::borg:cuss :banghead:mad:

maybe they will make these sometime in the future,
i was really looking forward to getting the borg queen and the klingon 2 pack w/ klingon dog.these looked so good, i don't understand why they cancelled this, i'm sure they would have been big sellers.

The Klingon Bird of Prey is one of my favorite Star Trek ships! Too bad they are going to release it only in 2011. But I will get one for sure.

It has dawned on me that this could be an April 1st thing. Hopefully not.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
It has dawned on me that this could be an April 1st thing.
Ya think?

Role Play

Geared towards the kids, Hasbro will be offering a selection of cool role play toys including the Federation Phaser, Romulan Phaser, Federation Communicator, Sulu's Sword, and in the spirit of the Hulk hands, Kirk Hands.

Its sad to see this thread bumped up with some lame April fools joke, we need more ship releases and pics dammit!.

If only DST would have went full out and made bridge environments for both the Enterprise D and A, maybe a Klingon Bird of Prey bridge as well,post ST:III.

With various light up consoles and working doors,sound effects etc..priced around $50.

Late, I know, but did anyone who sent away for the Diamond Select "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Sulu figure (mail away form included with the TOS S1 blu-ray) actually receive one? I sent away for it, but never heard back from them. I tried getting a hold of DST to see what the problem was for months but they ignored all my emails :mad:

Longshot I know---Anyone know if ANY of the movie (2009) wave two figs 3 3/4 ever made it out to the open market before the line was cancelled?

What about any news on incoming Diamond Select stuff-- I know the ST III two-pack of klingons was cancelled and so was the Borg stuff but has anyone heard if anything besides the original show (not that that's a bad thing) is on the way/going to be announced?

It doesn't look very good :( . I don't think even the Gul Dukat and Sisko Figure 2 pack was ever released. :dunno It's really confusing because many sites still have this cancelled stuff up for pre-order. I just did a Google search and this thread came up as one of the top results :gah:

There is a repaint Nemesis E ship coming early next year.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/62520-star-trek-nemesis-enterprise-e-ship/

"From the Star Trek Nemesis movie comes the Enterprise E!

This version of the U.S.S. Enterprise comes from the last Next Generation theatrical film, Star Trek: Nemesis! This new version of the hit the Enterprise E features all-new paint, plus authentic lights, sounds, and the voice of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Sir Patrick Stewart!"

Longshot I know---Anyone know if ANY of the movie (2009) wave two figs 3 3/4 ever made it out to the open market before the line was cancelled?

Unfortunately, none did. Initially, they were going to be released at retail as a Wave 2. Then when it looked like Playmates couldn't get the retail chains to carry another Wave, Playmates offered it as an online retailer exclusive. Both BBTS and EE had pre-orders up for cases. Then, Playmates pulled the plug. I assume they thought not enough pre-orders had gone thru and it wouldn't be worth it.

It's a shame. If Playmates hadn't over-extended themselves with a Terminator Salvation and Star Trek line at the same time, they might have been able to pull off a more successful Star Trek line. Plus, they've never handled a movie line of either caliber before - the closest they have is TMNT; and those don't suffer the same type of scrutiny that other types of action figures go thru.

I was away Friday and I missed a nice big delivery-- ST from an on-line store (at clearance prices). I'm getting a bunch of the movie 6" ones to cannibalize and hopefully make McCoy in blue and Chekhov in yellow-- and I'm rounding out my DS original crew. Guess I've got to visit the post office first thing tomorrow.

Took a quick shot of my now (almost) completed crew (still mising Uhura) for the larger 6 inch line now that I've got a Bones in blue and a Chekhov in yellow.

Back