Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it really was the highest discourse you would have spelled the word "pristine."

I know, look at me. I’m out of control.
The faux pas’ are just flying...
In just a few posts I got someone riled with a dissenting view point and brought out the grammar Nazi in the same someone.
(I double checked “riled” before posting.)

I believe I can conclude Arguments are Trek fan culture [emoji28]

The best one I ever heard was some cosplayers arguing about a 2mm measurement differences

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

I believe I can conclude Arguments are Trek fan culture [emoji28]

The best one I ever heard was some cosplayers arguing about a 2mm measurement differences

:lol
Hey, details matter.:lecture
Just ask Scotty.
Many fans have committed to memory the Technical Manual, Concordence and Blueprints after pouring over them for hours.
I remember getting them as a set for Christmas around 1975 and was in Trek nirvana.
I recall thinking; “Why don’t they make this stuff for real,they’ve got the schematics right here?”
:dunno

Hey, details matter.:lecture
Just ask Scotty.
Many fans have committed to memory the Technical Manual, Concordence and Blueprints after pouring over them for hours.
I remember getting them as a set for Christmas around 1975 and was in Trek nirvana.
I recall thinking; “Why don’t they make this stuff for real,they’ve got the schematics right here?
:dunno

There was a plan to build the Enterprise full scale as an amusement park in Vegas, unfortunately the people planning it had second thoughts.
star_trek_rendering_h_2016.jpg

But Hey!
They're giving us a full sized Falcon..... hooray!

There was a plan to build the Enterprise full scale as an amusement park in Vegas, unfortunately the people planning it had second thoughts.
View attachment 447573

But Hey!
They're giving us a full sized Falcon..... hooray!

That would be epic wouldn’t it?
After seeing the Millenium Falcon full scale at the new Disneyworld area and what a hit it’ll all be I’m sure a Trek version will be revisited.

This is the super rich Trek fan in China. His entire operation function like Starfleet. The bridge of this Voyager is his personal office.

He said, without Star Trek TNG, he would just be an unknown IT guy. TNG inspired him to explore the unexplored. Amazing guy
99a713bf78e5edf34cc11698b51d7414.jpg
39b2fa0da978f8a1dbe329689bafcc3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Another excellent episode of this series last night. In their review IGN stated that it was one of the all time best episodes of any Star Trek show and I would agree with this sentiment! If you have not seen it yet you should jump on it!

No thoughts...no comments...just some other random stranger's words and opinions...lazy...plain lazy.

Mmm..nope, not random.
:wave

(Someone notify the moderators there are lazy folk in these here interwebs They’ll get it sorted out.)

Last edited:
Mmm..nope, not random.
:wave

(Someone notify the moderators there are lazy folk in these here interwebs They’ll get it sorted out.)

Yup...random...anyone can post anything they want on YouTube...doesn't make it special or accurate just cause you found it on your wonderful life affirming YouTube...I do have bad news for you though...Doscovery is a hit and the folks running it are in charge of Star Trek for the foreseeable future...looks like you have more disagreeable characters to remind you of how much the world is changing and moving too quickly for you to look forward to :)

Yup...random...anyone can post anything they want on YouTube...doesn't make it special or accurate just cause you found it on your wonderful life affirming YouTube...I do have bad news for you though...Doscovery is a hit and the folks running it are in charge of Star Trek for the foreseeable future...looks like you have more disagreeable characters to remind you of how much the world is changing and moving too quickly for you to look forward to :)

Less “pristine” indeed.
(I upgraded my spellcheck, want the link?)

Man, someones buttons are easily pushed. You’re too much fun, I’ll definitely be hanging around this thread more often.

Less “pristine” indeed.
(I upgraded my spellcheck, want the link?)

Man, someones buttons are easily pushed. You’re too much fun, I’ll definitely be hanging around this thread more often.

Ha ha ha and some people are too easily amused and a tad too desperate. Not knowing how too spell a middle school vocabulary word and having large fingers that occasionally hit the O because it is next to the I are two entirely different things...but if that 24 hours too late comeback makes you King of the Internet for a day and fills whatever void you may be looking to fill...more power to you! You win! Feel free to stick around and push all the buttons you want :)

5550979F-6BCB-4C76-A5BB-F49FDCB4CB36.jpeg
This is so unexpected...(and deserved)
(Please read the following in Trelanes voice from the ep. “Squire of Gothos” aired 1/12/67)
My first act as King of the Internet and button pusher extroidinaire is to bequeath to my fellow cyber-sojourners who love and cherish all things Star Trek (I’m looking at you TOS) another lazily cut and paste video by the always insightful, thoughtful and all around level headed Dave Cullen. In another effort to unveil the misguided attempts by social engineering studio execs to hijack a beloved franchise to etc,etc, etc, et al, ad nauseum..........without further adieu:

My second beneficent and merciful act as your cyber-monarch is to declare that jal76 be given “the last word” for a period not exceeding 24 hrs.
Cuz it seems reeeeeaaallly important to him.

Finally, I continue to be a river to my people by my promise to expose as lazily as possible the shenanigans of SJWs in Hollywood and on these forums. Live Long and Prosper and beam me up.

View attachment 447679
This is so unexpected...(and deserved)
(Please read the following in Trelanes voice from the ep. “Squire of Gothos” aired 1/12/67)
My first act as King of the Internet and button pusher extroidinaire is to bequeath to my fellow cyber-sojourners who love and cherish all things Star Trek (I’m looking at you TOS) another lazily cut and paste video by the always insightful, thoughtful and all around level headed Dave Cullen. In another effort to unveil the misguided attempts by social engineering studio execs to hijack a beloved franchise to etc,etc, etc, et al, ad nauseum..........without further adieu:

My second beneficent and merciful act as your cyber-monarch is to declare that jal76 be given “the last word” for a period not exceeding 24 hrs.
Cuz it seems reeeeeaaallly important to him.

Finally, I continue to be a river to my people by my promise to expose as lazily as possible the shenanigans of SJWs in Hollywood and on these forums. Live Long and Prosper and beam me up.

Well let's start exposing them. We should start with that hardcore SJW Gene Roddenberry...he just had to go and ram that Uhura character down our throats...what was he trying to prove blatantly shoe horning her into the show...she was clearly just an attempt for him to engage in some heavy duty virtue signaling...if only he hadn't pulled that nonsense then those creeps who write Discovery would not have had a SJW pattern to follow when they continued his legacy in this day and age...darn SJWs!!!! Come to think of it...a lot of that Star Trek show seemed to revolve around social justice...he should have called it Social Justice Trek...right your highness...?

Trek Culture:

Arguments [emoji28]

True...but I must admit I miss the days when the arguments were about plot lines or inconsistencies in canon and not about the genders or ethnicities of the writers and cast members.

Not sure about the best Trek episode ever, but it was anther enjoyable one. Michael is still dull and unlikable imo, but the rest of the show is starting to come into its own. I actually look forward to the next episodes now, so I guess that declares STD a success in my eyes. I'm sure Season 3 will be even better.

True...but I must admit I miss the days when the arguments were about plot lines or inconsistencies in canon and not about the genders or ethnicities of the writers and cast members.
Spilled over. The good old arguements usually laughed off in a few days. Nothing like now, started to involve someone's relatives, name calling, intellect questioning... [emoji1787]

Why so series [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Not sure about the best Trek episode ever, but it was anther enjoyable one. Michael is still dull and unlikable imo, but the rest of the show is starting to come into its own. I actually look forward to the next episodes now, so I guess that declares SSD a success in my eyes. I'm sure Season 3 will be even better.

I would definitely agree that it was far from the best Trek episode ever but definitely one of Discovery's best and an all around strong episode. When you consider that with the exception of the original series most Trek shows take around 2 seasons to find their voice I can only imagine that true greatness is on the way from this show.

Back