SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I was wondering if there are any other bodies on the market that have a similar build to the sideshow superman body?

Red Son Superman complete outfit (minus boots) by Tony and Crystal.

C6Q16G.jpg

Tony is just the best...i swear. you almost need to consider him for almost everything that includes a cape these days!

The 13" DC Direct Line wasnt a complete waste. The Kingdom Come Superman and Alex Ross Batman are actually pretty cool. I bring those figure up because i just popped on the Sideshow Superman head, which is slightly larger than 1/6 on the bulkier 13" DC Direct body of the Superman Returns figure. The skin tone needs adjusting but the scale of the Bigger Body works very well. I also bought a second SS head and cape and threw it on a Hot Toys Christopher Reeves figure... came out great.

Quick question for those who have modded this figure - does the MOS body work as a good substitute? If not - which Hot Toys body would you suggest - the advanced muscular one?

Left- Custom Justice Head on SSC Superman body
- no modify body, just a better size head, the figure looks much better (comic proportion)

Right- SSC Superman figure

Left- Custom Justice Head on SSC Superman body
- no modify body, just a better size head, the figure looks much better (comic proportion)

Right- SSC Superman figure

Wow thats a million times better – how could SSC's QC department not see how out of proportion it is?
It really is annoying that the problems with this figure, and the upcoming Green Lantern are really minor issues and could have been put right before production, which would most probably have had more people buy them!

That looks sooo much better, you basically fixed it, where'd yo get that head? It's fantastic, one of my favorite Superman representations, if I could get my hands on one of those heads I would totally get that figure just to change that head.

Wow thats a million times better – how could SSC's QC department not see how out of proportion it is?
It really is annoying that the problems with this figure, and the upcoming Green Lantern are really minor issues and could have been put right before production, which would most probably have had more people buy them!

:exactly: but people will still try to defend these figures as-is/are.

OK, maybe I am not seeing something about the stand....how are we getting him to stand with feet on the ground and the crotch support in between his legs? Is the base adjustable?

OK, maybe I am not seeing something about the stand....how are we getting him to stand with feet on the ground and the crotch support in between his legs? Is the base adjustable?

Base is like the Batman base. There are 2 supports (a waist grabber, and a crotch support). Like the Batman stand, there are also 2 posts... a taller one for flight/hover poses, and a shorter one for standing.

I seems as though SSC just will not listen to the customer's. HT's does a little. Asmus tries to listen. It is like SSC is going to do what they want to their own peril. So many things they could fix on this DC line. Instead it will probably die off.

Back