SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the best projects are like that. A good figure that can be made great with a nip here and a tuck there.
The Man of Steel was like that.

He was indeed. I learned a lot just by the few mods I made to mine. I can see how modding could get somewhat addicting, always striving to make that figure as close to perfect as possible.

The costume on this looks good but I don't care for the head sculpts. I haven't picked up any of the Sideshow DC figures thus far even though a few have tempted me. They all seem to have a few things about them that I don't quite love and I wind up not being able to justify a purchase. My favorite one to date is their Catwoman looks really damn nice but I'd feel odd getting her and not having a Batman to go with her as I don't really love the Sideshow Batman either (again I think the costume looks good but don't care for the head sculpt).

This one I had to get. Especially since I ordered sixth scale Batman and he has that damn Kryptonite ring hand with the beat up face. It's going to make a great display. Recreate some Hush scenes. Of course Sixth scale Catwoman will fill in until Supes arrives. :)
And yes as some have said the head sculpt does look out of proportion, but then again it think a lot of them do. You can only go so small and still retain details. I'm cool with it.

Little off topic but I wish the Superman PF, hell all the DC PFs came with free flowing and posable capes. To me just makes sense since SS made them have cloth suits. Cna't wait to get some feedback on the Reeve's and Keaton PFs with cloth capes see how they work.

Some pictures from SDCC

SDCC-2014-Sideshow-DC-Comics-Sixth-Scale-Figures-002.jpg

SDCC-2014-Sideshow-DC-Comics-Sixth-Scale-Figures-001.jpg

Hey just out of curiosity can anyone who's at the even confirm or deny that Superman's boots are two separate pieces so that he can pivot his ankles?

I don't see black in the pictures from the show nor the ones on the preorder page. I think the only reason you may see black is due to shadows

That must have been production pics that had black he doesn't have it thank god and personally I really love sups sculpt

I think the original SDCC display prototype Supes had black around the logo. The sculpt is amazing, actually like the heat vision head sculpt, may have to display mine with it when it comes in haha

Is it just me, or the tailoring and bodies are way better in the Marvel figures than in these ones?

I like the DC ones, I'm just blown away by the Marvel ones.

and I'm a DC kid.

Back