SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think the tailoring on these is better. Or rather, the fit. Superman looks fantastic. Dude's busting out of that spandex the way a comic book character should. Deadpool looks like he bought a costume that was two sizes too big.

From M. Crawford's SDCC Coverage::
sdcc2014_sideshow_122.jpg

Dang... Another figure to add to a growing list of things I want. I've intentionally not checked everything and clicked on this thread on accident..but I can't unsee it..crap. Anyone want to buy a kidney?

There really should have been a few Superman villains shown this year, a Bizarro would have been easy enough. Also please excuse the quick photoshop mock-up but I was thinking that Sideshow could tweak their Starcraft Raynor figure and they would have a perfect "Armored Luthor".....

Attachments

• Luthor.jpg
    Luthor.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 400
Nah, the tailoring is definitely better in the Marvel ones.
I feel the opposite in the case of Batman and Supes, though in fairness, those DC designs are pretty basic spandex comic looks (which are probably much easier to get right), and the Marvel guys have some kind of wacky interpretive SSC thing going on, where they are wearing more "practical" suits. Funny how Batman's body looks great and Superman's looks too skinny, though. I wonder if that's an illusion, or really different bodies. I don't care for what they're doing with GL and Flash. Would rather they stuck with the Superman/Batman aesthetic approach.

I agree i personally Like Lex looking like this
Lex_Luthor_Render.jpg
Or this
DC_Comic__s_Lex_Luthor_Armored_by_skywarp_2.jpg

we need Lex for superman they could totally rip offf (i mean borrow) the technique for iron man for this

Man, you DC fans are lucky! You get two fantastic ranges of page-accurate figures, and us merry Marvelites get a Wolverine with steel-toed boots and Cable's gloves from the 90s. I am filled with ennui about this.

Well it looks like Sideshow has a 1/6 Iron Man down the pipe, if they are doing an armored body there why not Lex in his super suit here? Besides Lex in his power suit Lex in a suit of armor are the only 2 versions I would want. And yes, Supes looks too thin especially next to Sideshow Batman. I guess in the Sideshow universe Superman is thinner than Batman.

Maybe because sups doesn't need to look buff since with a simple flick of a finger he can toss someone through a wall. But I'm giving my sups the Arnold body.

The older lex had a power center in same spot as iron man

Lex's suit I think Is powered by kryptonite so it would be cool to get a green glow

I think Lex's suit is independent to kryptonite but it definely has some kryptonite weaponry.

Like kryptonite blasters and his famous kryptonite staff.

Back