SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really a fan of this figure. I don't like that it's just a random Superman figure that's not really from anything like a specific comic or movie or cartoon.

The line is really a comic version from sideshows perspective. So really the whole line is the way you described this figure.

'From Sideshow's perspective' is what annoys me. It's like Ashley Wood's take on the Marvel universe. If you get the comic license, at least try to do looks from specific artists and arcs like Adams, Lee, Byrne etc.

I didn't grow up reading Bergholtz's Batman, or Canale's Superman.

oh i get what your saying like for Wonder Woman George Perez, Rich Buckler, Alex Ross, Brian Bolland, Paris Cullins, J bone, Joe Rubinstein, Lee Moder ,.Jim lee and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez
since these were artist that worked on her covers etc.

wonderspin_large.jpg
george perez

wwbolland72.jpg
Brian balland

0510_wonderwoman.jpg
Jim Lee
0919wwgarcialopez.jpg
Jose Luis Garcia Lopez

Last edited:
BTW everyone it will be superman's 75th birthday this June. So look for some retroactive comics to start popping up.

slide01.jpg

I'm not really a fan of this figure. I don't like that it's just a random Superman figure that's not really from anything like a specific comic or movie or cartoon.
If you had a specific version, you'd have people complaining about how's not their favorite version.

'From Sideshow's perspective' is what annoys me. It's like Ashley Wood's take on the Marvel universe. If you get the comic license, at least try to do looks from specific artists and arcs like Adams, Lee, Byrne etc.

You have medicom's Lee's Supes, if all you need is a specific version, now that's a masterpiece...

I don't care if it's a generalized version of Superman, it perfectly encapsulates over 70 years of lore and I doubt hot toys or else could have done a better job.

Ashley woods art style is interesting enough to be given it's own take on Marvel.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I look at SSC's version as all encapsulating, as well. They take cues from some of the most iconic artists to work on a character and meld them into one, definitive interpretation.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Great point. This is why I have said in the past this no more comic version than the Kenner Super Powers line from 1984. There is no way to judge accuracy like Hot Toys, Medicom, Enterbay or even Sideshow's Star Wars line because there is no specific point of reference; these are just figures based on characters not their comics. That's what disappoints me. When they first showed these figures 2 years ago I remember people posting that they want an Alex Ross version from Kingdom Come or Frank Miller from Dark Knight Returns, Ed McGuinness from Public Enemies or Frank Quitely from All-Star Superman, etc. Well we have this one and what artist is he based on; what storyline?

Not to say that the other version won't happen but Sideshow as far as I know has not explicitly said these are comic book figures, just DC Universe figures. If they start making comic book figures based on specific storlines and artists then, after seeing the great work they did on these figures, I am already sold sight unseen.

My request for Wonder Woman, Groovy, is gonna have to be Ed Benes:

pin_up_wonderwoman_dineicolors_baixa_by_ed_benes-d5wfhej.jpg

dc_universe_online_legends_3benes.jpg

1770585-wonder_woman___perfect_face_ed_benes_color.jpg

Attachments

• BenesWW.jpg
    BenesWW.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 301
BTW everyone it will be superman's 75th birthday this June. So look for some retroactive comics to start popping up.

I think Superman's 75th was last year if I'm not mistaken (1938-now = 76yrs). Classic covers have been popping up on Sups comics since last year. The best ones have been on Superman Unchained IMO. This year is Batman's 75th.

If you had a specific version, you'd have people complaining about how's not their favorite version.
:goodpost::exactly: B/c if I had to choose, my favorites would be Byrne, Daniels and Rockafort
I look at SSC's version as all encapsulating, as well. They take cues from some of the most iconic artists to work on a character and meld them into one, definitive interpretation.
ditto and they're great interpretations IMO

Last edited:
Lol, DC had a huge 75th Anniversary celebration last year with comics, toys, etc. They also had an animated short showing Superman through the years. With Batman's 75th this year they are doing a similar promotion.

Seems like there as extreme lack of interest in this figure. Curious as to why? Other than the head maybe a tad too big, I think it looks great in relation to how Supes looked in the comics.

Seems like there as extreme lack of interest in this figure. Curious as to why? Other than the head maybe a tad too big, I think it looks great in relation to how Supes looked in the comics.

Well I will add that I'm extremely excited about this figure. The funny thing is the announcement of this figure gave me the nudge to PO Batman first, simply because Batman will be out well before Supes. I'm looking forward to having both figures in hand, and also excited to see this line expand.

Back