SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I Really can't belive those hot toys figures have rotting rubber, and weird rubber coatings on fabric that melt and come off.

These sideshow offerings of the comic book versions are MUCH better.

And this post was deftly quote for its contents of epic truth.

( This post was made to match dave's signature in context)

Hey now, you can't call these Comic book versions then use a quote from Dave where he pretty much says these aren't comic book versions due to their body proportions. It's just not kosher.

Looking at them side-by-side, I know they probably have the same body but to me Batman looks to be a bit more defined and physically a little bigger. It's probably just the fit of the suit but i'd hate to pay this much for a Sideshow figure and then have to do some tailoring to the suit.

View attachment 103325

View attachment 103326

Superman and Batman are on two different bodies. Just FYI for those that may want to know that kind of detail. :)

-SideshowAlex

Superman and Batman are on two different bodies. Just FYI for those that may want to know that kind of detail. :)

-SideshowAlex

Well the descriptions do say

New fully articulated Superman body

and

New fully articulated Batman Body

So that all makes sense now. Alex, I know you cannot divulge much but can you at least give us a hint at the differences? I'd imagine Batman would be more articulated and Superman would be bigger and more muscular as the characteristics of each dictate. If that's all you can tell us that's cool and thank you for the great info.

MEh.

For $200 I'd expect a lot better.

Sideshow bodies are trash.

Re: Article: Re: SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Gaspar, I was kind of wrong. I guess this is Sideshow's stance on Paypal. They do take it, but you're charged in full when your order is placed.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/help/billing-policies/paypal-payments/

Yeah that's what the CS lady told me, she suggested me to place the PO anyway, and when it's about to ship, cancel the order and place it back so I can pay with Paypal.

MEh.

Looks way better than the Reeve body :dunno:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Re: SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Yeah that's what the CS lady told me, she suggested me to place the PO anyway, and when it's about to ****, cancel the order and place it back so I can pay with Paypal.

Looks way better than the Reeve body :dunno:

I did not really like the look of the Reeve body by Hot Toys but in their defense it actually did look like Christopher Reeve's body. The Sideshow body looks more like a super hero body while Hot Toys looks like the body of an actor who trained with David Prowse to look like a super hero.

I too think something is a bit off about the head. Maybe it's too realistically sculpted, like the details are a bit out of scale for 1/6th. It looks like a PF head versus 1/6th. Maybe the details will soften a bit during manufacture?
The double capes and triple heads is all kinds of Supes love! Right on SS!

The sculpt looks great but it looks a tad too big for the body maybe? It does look weird from some angles.

-SideshowAlex

Do they have new knee joints? You guys are doing great work but that body on Joker was horrible.

MEh.

Not a big DC fan and yeah, I don't care for SSC bodies (seriously, SSC, just develop a new body), but this is a great figure for $200.00, IMO. Three headsculpts, two capes, stand w/flying option and an awesome exclusive, I don't know what more one could ask. Certainly HT wouldn't include all that nowadays for $200.00. Cool figure. If I liked comic Supes a bit more, I'd grab one, for sure.

I don't see how one can say the bodies are bad when this is the first time they've used this body however I haven't had many other sideshow figures so maybe the old ones are bad I'm not sure. As for the price Invictus Sol put it just right the amount of extras Supes comes with are great, I mean really what else could you give Supes? Other than maybe another body in a business suit and a Clark Kent head sculpt with glasses like the ones on the Baroness figure they did for the GI Joe line. Maybe even have the Supes suit under the business suit. Although maybe they're doing that as an SDCC exclusive.

I think this figure looks very nice and the accessories are great. I'll stick with my PF for the comic look for now, might change my mind later.

I really wanted to like this line, but the head proportions just look too big and the bodies seem off. They might look a lot better in hand who knows. I would have certainly picked them up had the proportions been more like the PFs, which are more akin to comic proportions. Maybe if the costumes find their way into the secondary I'll pick them up for customs. I'm sure great looking customs and mods will start showing up before long. I'll wait it out to see what else is unveiled at CC.

Not a big DC fan and yeah, I don't care for SSC bodies (seriously, SSC, just develop a new body), but this is a great figure for $200.00, IMO. Three headsculpts, two capes, stand w/flying option and an awesome exclusive, I don't know what more one could ask. Certainly HT wouldn't include all that nowadays for $200.00. Cool figure. If I liked comic Supes a bit more, I'd grab one, for sure.

SSC did develop a new body - these superhero bodies are completely new.

The only extra's i could think for sups would be a rock of kryptionite that had a light up option. or a bendable faux steel rod

The only extra's i could think for sups would be a rock of kryptionite that had a light up option. or a bendable faux steel rod

Bottle with Kandor, Krypto or Kelex figures, little Starro to stick on his face, or a Phantom Zone Projector would have been cool too.

Back