SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the trunks of course although the picture posted earlier with CR's trunks don't look as good as I was expecting. They ride a little too high I think.

The CR trunks are a huge improvement over the stock trunks & can always be positioned to individual tastes, in fact I've pulled them down a bit since taking those pics. The stock trunks will never look good even if you fix the loops because the material is thicker & the hems are fatter, they'll always look like diapers. I'm sure Tony will offer some custom trunks for this & from what I've seen with his they are cut lower than the CR trunks, providing another option than tracking down CR trunks.

I've lowered the trunks, bulked up the neck a bit more, and went with the smirk head....it's a little less Charles Manson/ Jim Harbaugh. And I totally disagree about double jointed elbows....they look unnatural and rounded; here they have a natural point at the elbows.

Attachments

• supes 1.jpg
    supes 1.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 308
I've lowered the trunks, bulked up the neck a bit more, and went with the smirk head....it's a little less Charles Manson/ Jim Harbaugh. And I totally disagree about double jointed elbows....they look unnatural and rounded; here they have a natural point at the elbows.

Bend them 45 degrees or higher.

Thanks but no thanks....I've been at this quite a while now, tried every trick in the book and I still don't like 'em. To each is own. It's all good...one man's pudding is another man's poison, as they say!

Im sorry, I misread you comment. I don't like them either. I thought you were in favor for the way they looked.

lots of potential as I thought this Superman have.

more pictures here
https://www.facebook.com/dandymei/photos_albums

Sideshow Superman mods
- narrow jaw shape
- bring in the ears
- thicken the neck
- reposition the eyes

Left- before
Right- modified

Tony,

Do you think the arms can be replaced with Hot Toys arms? I'm thinking of using my broken Hot Toys Chris Reeve arms on the SS Superman body.

Done and done. Superman may not be perfect but he displays pretty well in the scheme of things.

Crappy pics but you get the idea.

Attachments

• DSCN7496.JPG
    DSCN7496.JPG
    477.9 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN7498.JPG
    DSCN7498.JPG
    451.4 KB · Views: 300
Got mine yesterday and opened him up today. Didn't take pics yet but I'm pretty happy with him overall. I was surprised at how good he looks right out of the box. The head sculpts aren't as giant in-hand as they seem to be in some of the pics I've seen. His shorts aren't even that bad--the belt loops are huge and look silly stitched on the outside of the shorts but mine seem to at least be even. I'm glad I picked him up. Maybe not necessarily a $200 figure but with all the hands, 2 capes, and 3 HS I'm not really complaining about the price.

Has anyone tried to put the SS Superman suit on that SS Bats body? I wonder if it would fit.

Mine arrives Wednesday. Very excited to see him in hand. I know with every DC character Sideshow has released I'm a lot more satisfied when I see it in person. My completest streak for SS DC characters is still holding strong....

Back