SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think their crummy figures are produced at a much smaller volume so yes they sell out. Most stay in stock for a while though. To your point, once they sell out (perhaps from people with FOMO), it is easy to get them second hand for hundred bucks cheaper lol.

They were able to get a nice, seamless body for their Wonder Woman figure. They should have done the same for Wolverine. Would’ve made it worth the price.
Yea, they work with Phicen/TbLeague for their female figures and looks like ThreeZero for other COTD figures. Not sure why they can’t just use Phicen bodies for some of their male characters. The figures etc wouldn’t looks so wonky when transplanted over to a muscular Phicen if the suits were actually tailored for the Phicen bodies.

What gets me is that these figures obviously sell well for SS. Maybe its chalked up to the hunger for sixth scale comic X-men figures but SS is certainly content with absolute barebones releases for premium $250+ prices. I won the tiger stripes wolvie and Cykes for $175 each on ebay I have no desire to pay any more than that for this line.
From what I see on YouTube comments and other places, a lot of ppl are fairly happy with the SS comic releases. So while many folks here may not find them worth the price, obviously there’s a market for these as they do sell out, can go for pretty high prices on the secondary market depending on the character in which case, SS then does a second and sometimes third run of the figures.

Last edited:
Sideshow makes the UGLIEST looking Wolverine mouth sculpts and it's no contest. Was the same for last classic yellow suit Wolverine.

It's a shame because the rest of the figure looks great. Why do they insist on making him look like he's about to burst into tears? Still no angry sculpts as well. Wish they would do their sculpts more like Mezco.

wolverine-astonishing-version_marvel_gallery_60f7116ccc165.jpg

d2eeba6e-123a-42f1-aabe-d76d1942ff92.jpg
ce2908a7-e752-433c-b44d-c9365d6eca1e.jpg
It looks like they're trying to give the Wolverine the Judge Dredd mouth.

some of this looks good, and some, not so good.
I was contemplating since they are doing an X-Men line up, but did anyone notice this...
1627222013598.png

Is this image correct or are they going to make Wolvie almost 6 ft tall in this scale??

and what about this elbow joint seeing the unpainted plastic seems kinda odd, especially for the price point.
1627222124702.png

and only 1 headsculpt? at least it is a universal expression for him.

and will SSC tackle Colossus, or better yet, Beast!

The facial expression is the one thing I don't like about this. It's not a bad expression, just looks odd they way they did it.

some of this looks good, and some, not so good.
I was contemplating since they are doing an X-Men line up, but did anyone notice this...
View attachment 532439
Is this image correct or are they going to make Wolvie almost 6 ft tall in this scale??

and what about this elbow joint seeing the unpainted plastic seems kinda odd, especially for the price point.
View attachment 532441

and only 1 headsculpt? at least it is a universal expression for him.

and will SSC tackle Colossus, or better yet, Beast!
No, their size chart is not correct. He’s shorter than that in hand.

Also, I thought that missing paint bit on the elbow would bother me as well, but it really doesn’t to be honest. As someone who really judged the Wolverine figures from pics alone, my thoughts were nearly completely transformed once I got them in hand (I have both Brown suit and tiger stripe). If you like it, I say take the chance and get it. For me, the only downside of the Tiger stripe version was the loose attachement for the claws. But I was able to fix that with adding my own magnets.

Last edited:
I just got this today. I don't have the recent yellow outfit version so I can't compare. I really love the material on the suit. Moves very well. Big improvement from the brown suit. Hopefully the blue does not peel over time, but it's applied very well. Arm joints are nice and clean. The hips joints are slightly loose compared to the other joints, but not floppy. The head sculpt was my biggest issue (and you've heard this before), but in person it's good. I do wish it had come with a second sculpt. I purchased it to go along with Astonishing Cyclops. I'll see if I can post pics tomorrow.

Still wish I'd gotten brown Wolverine, I'm not the biggest fan of sideshow's stuff but they make good stuff sometimes.

Still wish I'd gotten brown Wolverine, I'm not the biggest fan of sideshow's stuff but they make good stuff sometimes.
Those of you that passed on this, should be feeling the pain because this Wolverine was one of Sideshow's best, despite what you may think. Maybe you'll get an apology figure since Logan seems to be getting the "Batman treatment".

Those of you that passed on this, should be feeling the pain because this Wolverine was one of Sideshow's best, despite what you may think. Maybe you'll get an apology figure since Logan seems to be getting the "Batman treatment".
I didn't ahve the cash and it was too expensive for me at the time. I grabbed their gambit instantly though, love that he has a proper cloth coat instead of the pleather one.

I just got this today. I don't have the recent yellow outfit version so I can't compare. I really love the material on the suit. Moves very well. Big improvement from the brown suit. Hopefully the blue does not peel over time, but it's applied very well. Arm joints are nice and clean. The hips joints are slightly loose compared to the other joints, but not floppy. The head sculpt was my biggest issue (and you've heard this before), but in person it's good. I do wish it had come with a second sculpt. I purchased it to go along with Astonishing Cyclops. I'll see if I can post pics tomorrow.

Congrats. Looking forward to your pics.

You can still find it on eBay from time to time at below retail. I just got an EX brown suit version less than a month ago for only $200 on eBay.

The Brown suit is a good verison. But I actually like the Tiger stripe better. The brown suit shirt needs some re-tailoring work done on it so that it fits better. I had planed to do it, but then I got a good deal on the Tiger stripe and now don't see a reason to go through all that work

ahh yes, nothing like a terrible, over exposed with flash photo to show how awful the figure is :rolleyes::rolleyes2

You can still find it on eBay from time to time at below retail. I just got an EX brown suit version less than a month ago for only $200 on eBay.

The Brown suit is a good verison. But I actually like the Tiger stripe better. The brown suit shirt needs some re-tailoring work done on it so that it fits better. I had planed to do it, but then I got a good deal on the Tiger stripe and now don't see a reason to go through all that work
Yeah, no idea who could even do the work, finding a 1/6th tailor has been a pain in the ass. That said, I still can't afford him for a bit, my budget is spent after Mysterio and Gambit.

Yeah, no idea who could even do the work, finding a 1/6th tailor has been a pain in the ass. That said, I still can't afford him for a bit, my budget is spent after Mysterio and Gambit.
I mean it's not hard, at least for what I was going to go for. It would probably take about 2hrs. Maybe 3 if I'm being extra careful. My plan was to remove the back zipper and sew it up tight at the back so that it's no longer loose on the sides. Then add an elastic strap to go from the front, through the legs and to the back so that the shirt stays tucked in. Lastly, replace the plastic belt buckle with a metal one. I think that little bit of work would've really made a difference on the brown suit version. But, since I'm really happy with the Tiger strip version, I don't don't feel the need to work on the Brown suit now

Here's an unboxing/review I found of the Astonishing version with some pretty good pics at the end in as well as a comparison to the Tiger Stripe version. Looks like they fixed how well the claws fit as well as the shoulder not splitting anymore.

I mean it's not hard, at least for what I was going to go for. It would probably take about 2hrs. Maybe 3 if I'm being extra careful. My plan was to remove the back zipper and sew it up tight at the back so that it's no longer loose on the sides. Then add an elastic strap to go from the front, through the legs and to the back so that the shirt stays tucked in. Lastly, replace the plastic belt buckle with a metal one. I think that little bit of work would've really made a difference on the brown suit version. But, since I'm really happy with the Tiger strip version, I don't don't feel the need to work on the Brown suit now
oh YOU can do tailoring? I can do a lot of things proficiently, but tailoring is one I've never gotten down. Paying somebody form decent work is a pain in the ass.

Back