SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, not the greatest pics but they'll suffice (I hope). I did not realize the claws popped out like that. It's kind of cool. Left claws are loose. Easy fix; just an observation. The tricep joint is really obvious, but we know that. He is about an eighth of an inch from 12in. I wish he was shorter.
I dig him more than I thought I would. Is he worth the going price? Depends if you dig this style of Wolverine. I would assume that it's got a lot in common with the previous incarnation of Wolvie. It's a solid figure. I have a kit bashed version of the brown suit and I like this one better. I also did not pay retail; with taxes and shipping I was looking at close to $300. At that price I might not like him as much.

Attachments

• Wolvie1.jpg
    Wolvie1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Wolvie2.jpg
    Wolvie2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Wolvie3.jpg
    Wolvie3.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 60
  • WovieHand.jpg
    WovieHand.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 59
  • WovieClaws.jpg
    WovieClaws.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 62
Only thing the brown has over the other 2 are the heads and sword which are a big deal especially the head.

That astonishing head looks like ass lol

Then again so does the regular yellow head.

Last edited:
oh YOU can do tailoring? I can do a lot of things proficiently, but tailoring is one I've never gotten down. Paying somebody form decent work is a pain in the ass.
Yea I can do minor adjustments or amendments especially for inconspicuous areas, but nothing like complete tailoring from scratch. I don’t use a sewing machine or anything, just all by hand with a needle and thread, so my spacing isn’t always consistent

Unsealed and Revealed for Astonishing Wolverine BUT they show a production sample of Gambit towards the end and he’s looking pretty close to the proto

Last edited:
I got the tiger stripe Wolverine today. I personally think it looks cool and really pops on the shelf but there is some pretty glaring QC issues. Looks like some of you may have the same issue with the right pauldron being off center compared to the left pauldron.

The brown suit is cool. SS didn’t show up for this one. The sculpts (notice the plural) on brown just look better.

Even so, I went my own way

Attachments

• DC9415D8-EDFF-458B-81D2-381DE71818CC.jpeg
    DC9415D8-EDFF-458B-81D2-381DE71818CC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • B6C88E2C-397C-49FE-885F-C96AED537D79.jpeg
    B6C88E2C-397C-49FE-885F-C96AED537D79.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I got the tiger stripe Wolverine today. I personally think it looks cool and really pops on the shelf but there is some pretty glaring QC issues. Looks like some of you may have the same issue with the right pauldron being off center compared to the left pauldron.
Congrats! I really dig these comic figures honestly.

My only current thoughts on them is that they just don’t fit in with my collection. So I’m debating on selling them.

Here’s that off centered pauldron:

AD142531-B6A2-4131-A2CA-F42DBA3ED5D1.jpeg

Left side is much higher than the right. I’ll be keeping it as I think I can glue it in the right place.

I measured the length of the legs of the Wolverine body, from crotch to bottom of the leg and cut the silicone rubber off at the end, exposing the steel rod that is the leg. I measured the length of the foot peg and cut the rod to that length with bolt cutters. I then used one of the pegs that came with the sideshow body, cut it in half then dremeled each half like tube that would fit the leg rod and glued it.

This what the end of the leg rod looks like. Sorry for the bad picture. Hope it helps a little.

mcn6Os.jpg
I know that you posted this a long time ago. I remembered that you had done this mod and wanted to go back to see how you did it. Can you say why type of glue you used?

I’m contemplating getting the Sideshow Wolverine and doing this mod, or just getting the new Hono/Hot Toys Wolverine …any thoughts?

I’m contemplating getting the Sideshow Wolverine and doing this mod, or just getting the new Hono/Hot Toys Wolverine …any thoughts?

I'm considering shortening my SSC Wolverine legs, and making some other mods, but I'll wait and see what Present Toys and Soosoo come up with. There's a lot of stuff I don't like about the HT version; overly long claws, the long 'ears' on the mask and boots. I prefer the chunkier boots on Sideshow's version. The thong/speedo thing is terrible, and the tiger stripes are too much on the side and should extend more into the center. I do like the vibrant colours and face sculpt, but not enough to justify a purchase.

If someone makes a short stocky, tank-like Wolverine, I'm all for it.

While there are things I like about the Hono/HT, I would say there's an equal amount that I like about the Sideshow as well. The main thing I like is the body on the Hono/HT, so much that I'm really curious what that body would look like on the Sideshow figure(s).

Someone earlier in this thread painted stubble on the mouth of the SSC figure and that improved the headsculpt so much. I also think the "ears" on the SSC figure are pinned back to much out of the box, if that makes sense, and need to pushed forward some with a heatgun/hair dryer to have a better shape.

Yeah @Gipetto0812 @Rexus I like elements of both the Hono and Sideshow figures as well. On Sideshows version I like the claws, costume, and love boots and gloves but on the Hono figure I love the muscular arms and sort of metallic look in the shoulder protectors and forearm guards.

I am very curious about what SooSoo will do and if they will make a tanky looking comic book Wolverine. I have their Cajun Card Dealer and like it a lot. Only problem is there is no way to know how far out they are from even announcing their Wolverine.

As far as Present Toys is concerned, I’m just not sure if I can trust them.

Last edited:
Ok so here he is.

Got him for a really good price and have to say I am really happy with him. Although I don’t mind the shoulder seams as much as I thought I would, I still may do a body swap later on.
But I have to say even though I don’t like the shoulder seams I do love the body proportions of this figure and his height.

Also I think he looks better next to a Hot Toys figure than I thought. I was afraid he would look too “comic book like” to be near my other figures but I think he looks fine next to Cap.

Attachments

• 248EF4CD-0366-4E6D-B0E0-6557985D2103.jpeg
    248EF4CD-0366-4E6D-B0E0-6557985D2103.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1DF300ED-8593-48AE-91EA-89FE0280694B.jpeg
    1DF300ED-8593-48AE-91EA-89FE0280694B.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 6D9EE5DF-9852-49D7-9C92-00B0DFFFA330.jpeg
    6D9EE5DF-9852-49D7-9C92-00B0DFFFA330.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A6F43B7B-B2E1-4133-AB1A-DFA81EAAD746.jpeg
    A6F43B7B-B2E1-4133-AB1A-DFA81EAAD746.jpeg