Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a SSC order in today. Guess the kit is the card. They sent a card.

From your Friends at Sideshow Collectibles.

I try to upload a picture but need to wait for the wire for the higher cell tower.

Dracula-006.jpg

:panic::panic::panic:

Social media killed Spooktactular. :(

Sad but true. :monkey2

I always really look forward to spook every year, but this year the excitement is dulled quite a bit. I'm trying to take a wait and see approach. Looking forward to chat though(even though at work, I can't participate as much as I'd like). The wife knows that we are at defcon 3, and that that week she and the kids won't see much of me. :)

I was looking forward to getting a kit this year. I regretted not buying one last year, like previous years. Last year's Spook wasn't as awesome as prior years. I still had fun in chat, but the Sideshow presence in chat was extremely lessened. I still look forward to this year, but I am not going to commit to the ridiculous hours in chat like I typically do. I'd rather get some sleep, and have a life outside of Spook, instead of blowing off family and friends (and work) for 10 straight days...

Seems like a pretty sad day around these parts in reference to Spooktacular and how we all remember it from the past. To be honest, I still consider myself a newcomer around here. I think I was around for 2008, so this would make my fifth Spook. I've had a ton of fun during each one, with one minor hiccup early on...

But here's the thing. If Spook does cease to exist in the way so many of us freaks remember, then we can always have our memories of the way it used to be, before the throngs of posers and fly by night contest winners and whiners.

Also, my time wasted on this board has been marked with some great memories of making new friends and meeting some amazing people I never would have had the chance to meet were it not for the board. So I say, even if there is no Spook Kit this year, and even if the card shown today was the only thing happening for the hardcore freak fanatics, lets keep the spirit of Spook alive ourselves. I'm fortunate to call a few of the freaks friends now, and have met many at events all over the place, had dealings with others trading items, and basically having a fun time all around.

My Spook will admittedly be abbreviated this year due to school commitments, but I refuse to let these setbacks get me down. I'm gearing up for a fantastic festival of frivolity with freaks in formation!

Some of my plans:
1. Order the Boba Fett Mythos Statue!
2. Feverishly seek a win of the Collection Stash Spook Edition Pin!
3. Receive texts at ungodly hours from fellow freaks about contests.
4. Chat, chat, and chat whenever possible.
5. Create one very special Spooktacular Kit for a fellow freak, and get it shipped to them in time for the start of Spook! (You don't know who you are, but you're going to love your kit)

That is all! Let's carry on, and remain freaks! Spook will rule! :winkpumpk

:bouncin :bunnydanc :ted :banana :elefant :bunnydanc :bouncin

Back