1/6 Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio's Iron Man Illusion Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmaoooo, seriously...and God forbid you complain about HT being cheap and cutting corners or putting out lousy headsculpt likeness...oh lawd... :cuckoo:

If HT deserves the praise, they will get it. But it cuts both ways.

Yes and for the record I blame Sideshow too for the egregious mark up in both product and shipping. At a certain point, if you are defending $420 for a plastic, semi-articulated figure, just say you are either addicted or flush with cash vs. trying to be Hot Toy's unpaid marketing intern

Cause they've got the blind, undying support of those fans who will always try to justify HT's absurd pricing...and then there are always those folks who are fine dropping mad reward points just to get it down to a "normal" price.

If there's one thing a lot of collectors seem to lack, it's principle...you'll always read how people are bending over backwards or concocting some loophole to justify a purchase here or there even though they said they were out of the game or have a one-character-figure rule.

Me? My one rule I stick by: If it sucks or isn't blowing me away I pass, despite how badly I wanted the character...and I make it my duty for the rest of my days to continuously complain about that figure! :lol

Yup, and the folks that blame people for voicing their opinions on a forum board clearly don't understand the purpose of a discussion forum. And by the way, just because you can save a few dollars a month to pay $420 at the end, it is still $420 no matter how you cut it.

Price complaints are valid, but the pricing issues are across the entire product line - not specific to this figure. Somehow, Hot Toys has been able to convince people that a few parts of diecast on a figure is worth a $100 diecast tax. I don't see how the battle damaged Mark 85 is worth $443, Rescue $407, but this combined with the diorama base wouldn't be worth $420.

Price complaints are valid, but the pricing issues are across the entire product line - not specific to this figure. Somehow, Hot Toys has been able to convince people that a few parts of diecast on a figure is worth a $100 diecast tax. I don't see how the battle damaged Mark 85 is worth $443, Rescue $407, but this combined with the diorama base wouldn't be worth $420.

I had a good look at the dio base on Justin's channel, it doesn't look like anything spectacular. Not bad but pretty meh looking quality. Should not add more than $25 to the price.

I had a good look at the dio base on Justin's channel, it doesn't look like anything spectacular. Not bad but pretty meh looking quality. Should not add more than $25 to the price.

That may be the case, but doesn't change my point - If Rescue with a standard base is worth $407, why would this figure with a more complex base, more detailed paint, molding not be worth $420. To me, the additional craftsmanship and labor that will need to go into this piece is worth more than the minimal amount of diecast that goes into the diecast iron mans.

That may be the case, but doesn't change my point - If Rescue with a standard base is worth $407, why would this figure with a more complex base, more detailed paint, molding not be worth $420. To me, the additional craftsmanship and labor that will need to go into this piece is worth more than the minimal amount of diecast that goes into the diecast iron mans.

No diecast, no alternate human sculpt, limited articulation, no accessories which should mitigate the diorama base. It borders on being a nicely painted plastic 1/6 statue. It's very Ultron Mk 1 esque and that was $250 :dunno

For the record I wouldn't pay over $400 for Rescue either.

Keep in mind that when Ultron Mark I came out the diecast figures were still under $350. And that Ultron Mark I didn't have the same level of paint detail or even complexities this one does. And yeah, these figures are all overpriced - and part of that is Sideshow's 25+% markup, plus their shipping markup as well.

Keep in mind that when Ultron Mark I came out the diecast figures were still under $350. And that Ultron Mark I didn't have the same level of paint detail or even complexities this one does. And yeah, these figures are all overpriced - and part of that is Sideshow's 25% markup, plus their shipping markup as well.

Fair points. I do think this would look cool with the cool with the diecast IM figures i have, I just don't think it should be priced like one. I'll move on, nobody is forcing me to buy the damn thing.

Cause they've got the blind, undying support of those fans who will always try to justify HT's absurd pricing...and then there are always those folks who are fine dropping mad reward points just to get it down to a "normal" price.

If there's one thing a lot of collectors seem to lack, it's principle...you'll always read how people are bending over backwards or concocting some loophole to justify a purchase here or there even though they said they were out of the game or have a one-character-figure rule.

Me? My one rule I stick by: If it sucks or isn't blowing me away I pass, despite how badly I wanted the character...and I make it my duty for the rest of my days to continuously complain about that figure! :lol

Is it a rule or just a guideline? I ask because when I hacked into the camera on your monitor just now, I saw you gazing fondly at your Black Panther figure sporting the Chadwick Boseman head sculpt. You never fooled me for a second!! :rotfl :rotfl

People pay this and much MUCH more for other simpler figures in the aftermarket. $350 is normal for a lot of figures and some are up around $700 or more. So i don't like the price but i don't blame HT for trying to get some of the money people are WILLING to pay.

You know this will sell out someday and two years later it will be selling for twice the price and everyone will want a rerelease :lol

The holographic parts on ZombieMan are going to be as removable as you want them to be. At most they're pegged in with a bit of glue. At best they're just pressure fitted in place with a snap peg.

You have to wonder, if hot toys can do such an incredible job with the battle damage with this, why couldn't they do the same with the Endgame battle damaged Armored Thanos? The battle damage on the 1/6 figure is very lackluster, compared to what it looked like in the movie.Just lazyness on hot toys behalf really.....:slap

You have to wonder, if hot toys can do such an incredible job with the battle damage with this, why couldn't they do the same with the Endgame battle damaged Armored Thanos? The battle damage on the 1/6 figure is very lackluster, compared to what it looked like in the movie.Just lazyness on hot toys behalf really.....:slap

I would assume it comes down to cost. They probably have a price point in mind that they want to hit and can only do so much unique molding and paint detail for the armor pieces. Just a guess though, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume it comes down to cost. They probably have a price point in mind that they want to hit and can only do so much unique molding and paint detail for the armor pieces. Just a guess though, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have a point, but as hot toys are so invested in Marvel, and that Thanos is such an iconic figure, you'd think that they would've put more effort into making Thanos's battle damage on his armor look more like it appears in Endgame.......:dunno

You may have a point, but as hot toys are so invested in Marvel, and that Thanos is such an iconic figure, you'd think that they would've put more effort into making Thanos's battle damage on his armor look more like it appears in Endgame.......:dunno

But this is Iron Man. He always gets the star treatment.

I think this is An excellent looking figure hot toys have announced/released to order - however, I think if they produced a battle damage mark 50 with Tony?s face partially revealed from the Helmet. Half of the armour / parts of Tony?s body coming through - very Similar to the Customisations of Owens work, I think it would have been a much better. But that?s just my opinion of course.

I think this is An excellent looking figure hot toys have announced/released to order - however, I think if they produced a battle damage mark 50 with Tony?s face partially revealed from the Helmet. Half of the armour / parts of Tony?s body coming through - very Similar to the Customisations of Owens work, I think it would have been a much better. But that?s just my opinion of course.

I really wish they had done that. I would have bought that one too.

The holographic parts on ZombieMan are going to be as removable as you want them to be. At most they're pegged in with a bit of glue. At best they're just pressure fitted in place with a snap peg.

I've never known HT to just pressure fit in a piece like these are. They're almost assuredly glued in and maybe it'll be easy, maybe it won't. Who knows.

Back