Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some kids today (and i mean young adults in their early 20's....the xbox kids) Have no attention span, want constant ACTION ACTION ACTION. And every moment of every film to as be dark as possible.
IMO:D:monkey3

I'm sure there's a few out there(that actually understand PP) that totally think it was done wrong. And i at least respect that, but i bet most of it is spidey just wasn't badass cool actiony/darkness for them :)

I agree most real spidey fans are happy with the trilogy overall. I don't even know why were discussing it this much. BTW, i expect 4 to blow us all away! SM1 is still my fave.

have to agree hehe

Sam Raimi did a pretty good job on the characterization of PP, long time fans will know it is pretty close to how the comics are written. Spider-Man was never about how dark it was, it was always about how PP juggles his personal life & tries to be a Super Hero at the same time. The real life problems that he faces, is what makes PP interesting.

3 was a let down, only because it was Avi Arad who wanted Sam to include Venom in, so pls blame Avi Arad for making them do a rush job on Venom.

Dunst is ON BOARD for Spider-Man 4!!! :rock

And it has been confirmed that Morbius will NOT be a villain, despite some speculation.

Just a quick update for all of us Spider-Man fans! Below is the article.

Dunst "Definitely On Board" Spider-Man 4
Source:New York Post, Edward Douglas
June 6, 2009

Everyone's getting in on the action trying to guess what to expect from Sam Raimi's return to the Marvel superhero franchise with Spider-Man 4, slated for release on May 6, 2011. It's obviously still very early in development, but that didn't stop the New York Post from asking Sony producer Todd Black a few questions in order to clear up some of the rumors that have been circulating.

In the article, Black confirms that Kirsten Dunst is definitely on board, but that there are no plans to have a wedding between Peter Parker and Mary Jane in the forthcoming movie. He also squashed the rumors that Morbius the Living Vampire will be the villain in the movie, but that the villain will be very New York centric.

This is what he told the Post about the potential villain: "We're just coming up with who the villain's going to be now. We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

So who do you think the villain may be? In the article, they speculate it could be either Kraven the Hunter or the Kingpin, although one should probably assume the latter is still owned by Fox as part of the "Daredevil" deal. Still, maybe it will be some sort of New York City mob/crime storyline in the next movie, and there are plenty of Spider-Man villains that fit the bill like Hammerhead and The Enforcers.

I certainly hope they don't steal a page from the Batman reboot book and make the mob the major villain. Not too happy about Dunst being on board but I'm sure many will be happy the team is all back together. New York centric could mean a hundred different things depending on what part of New York they are referring to.

No surprise on Dunst coming back. Her career outside of Spidey isn't exactly setting the world on fire. It's one of the very few instances where I'd have been happier if the actor had been replaced though, I've never cared much for her.

If her recent movies had actually been a success, I guarantee she wouldn't have. Ever since Spider-Man 2, Dunst hasn't really given the impression that she is all for being in the franchise.

I don't really care for the idea of the mob being the villain. It works for Batman since he's all about cleaning up the city and the new movies are supposed to be more realistic. Spider-Man however needs a supervillain. And let's not have him see the error of his way at the end as has happened with 3/5 of Spidey's movie villains.

Villain given powers through something tragic.

Peter does something gay.

Kirsten Dunst gets kidnapped.

Peter looks like he's 90 years old.

Kirsten Dunst is tied up, gets wet, gets hard nipples.

The villain commits suicide.

Pete cries.

^^
All 3 SM movies, this one will be no differant.

Seriously someone fire Raimi and reboot this crap already. I bet in this one he takes tap dance lessons and Gwen Stacy becomes Carnage.

Hope they keep the same Gwen Stacy damn she was hawt! Also Spider man 3 was a good foot to end it on why screw it up?

Spider-Man 3 left more loose ends than any possible trilogy end I've ever seen. If I were Raimi I'd try to get the studio let me pull a Singer and negate the existence of it.

I don't hate SM3, but I'm all for making it go away just because of Venom's death.

I want the Lizard with Kraven coming to hunt him
yes i've been waiting for Lizard since spiderman 2!!!
Hope they keep the same Gwen Stacy damn she was hawt! Also Spider man 3 was a good foot to end it on why screw it up?
yes, she is smoking hot. the first time i saw the movie i didn't realize who she was until the retard jazz club scene.
I don't hate SM3, but I'm all for making it go away just because of Venom's death.
meh...me too, but its not that big of a deal. i'm sure if they wanted to they could find some way to mend venom back together and hopefully make him better.

Not Venom if its not Eddie Brock to me, and I'm not sure how he could have survived that seein' as how we saw him vaporized 'n all. :lol

Not Venom if its not Eddie Brock to me, and I'm not sure how he could have survived that seein' as how we saw him vaporized 'n all. :lol

They could always have Eddie Brock Sr. get a hold of the piece of symbiote Connors still has.

I'd prefer Vulture/Lizard.

i'm really interested to see what they do with the next one, i didn't like what they did with venom in the sm3.

I want the Lizard with Kraven coming to hunt him

Yeah, that would be great. Here's my pitch:

-Connors uses research from studying the Venom symbiote piece to develop the lizard gene experiment to regrow his arm; becomes the Lizard (dun dun dun!).
-Spidey/Lizard fight ensues; footage of the fight made public, which attracts Kraven.
-Pete discovers that Connors is the Lizard; makes it his mission to save him.
-Spidey/Kraven fight ensues during a Lizard hunt; Kraven wins, buries Spidey.
-Iconic scene of Spidey crawling out of the grave
-Pete uses his (underutilized) science smarts to develop a cure for the Lizard; Spidey/Kraven/Lizard fight occurs.
-MJ is NOT kidnapped and held captive (this is ESSENTIAL), but Gwen is somehow killed by Lizard (though not through a kidnapping ploy). Pete beats Kraven (not killed) and incapacitates Lizard--debates on whether to "save" Connors because he killed Gwen.
-Pete gives Connors the antidote, who's then sent to a minimal security prison now that he's cured (or is he?).
-Pete is sad at the end, as always.

Also, no soap opera-esque life-changing speeches directed at Pete occur in the film.

Watch the $300M roll in.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back