Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Marvel should hire you and pay you millions

If only. :D

But seriously, I'd be happy enough if they just built on/steal that outline, as it's pretty logical for any fan of Spidey based on the 616 comics along with the progression of the established films.

Yeah, that would be great. Here's my pitch:

-Connors uses research from studying the Venom symbiote piece to develop the lizard gene experiment to regrow his arm; becomes the Lizard (dun dun dun!).
-Spidey/Lizard fight ensues; footage of the fight made public, which attracts Kraven.
-Pete discovers that Connors is the Lizard; makes it his mission to save him.
-Spidey/Kraven fight ensues during a Lizard hunt; Kraven wins, buries Spidey.
-Iconic scene of Spidey crawling out of the grave
-Pete uses his (underutilized) science smarts to develop a cure for the Lizard; Spidey/Kraven/Lizard fight occurs.
-MJ is NOT kidnapped and held captive (this is ESSENTIAL), but Gwen is somehow killed by Lizard (though not through a kidnapping ploy). Pete beats Kraven (not killed) and incapacitates Lizard--debates on whether to "save" Connors because he killed Gwen.
-Pete gives Connors the antidote, who's then sent to a minimal security prison now that he's cured (or is he?).
-Pete is sad at the end, as always.

Also, no soap opera-esque life-changing speeches directed at Pete occur in the film.

Watch the $300M roll in.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I agree that this is a near perfect outline and more or less what I would do for a SM4, but one problem. Why would Kraven bury Spider-man? This is kind of gruesome, but If Kraven "killed" him, or presumed Spidey dead, wouldn't he make sure by gutting him and decapitating him as a trophy? That's what big game hunters do, right?

It's what happens in the comic (albeit simplified, as everything transitioning to the screen has to be). From Wikipedia:

"
In "Kraven's Last Hunt", the supervillain hunter's aggravation with his inability to run the superhero down has destroyed his sanity. He hatches a final scheme that actually defeats Spider-Man, and seemingly and uncharacteristically shoots him dead. Kraven then buries him, and donning a copy of Spider-Man's costume, seeks to prove himself superior at his adversary's former activities.

He roams New York, brutally attacking criminals, including coincidently, a group of thugs assaulting Mary Jane. The culmination of these activities is Kraven's successful unarmed capture of the supervillain, Vermin, whom Spider-Man needed the help of Captain America to defeat. After several days, Spider-Man revives from the effects of the tranquilizer dart Kraven actually shot him with, and manages to dig his way out of the grave. When Spidey confronts Kraven, the hunter does not fight back, considering himself the victor and his final point made.
"

Villain given powers through something tragic.

Peter does something gay.

Kirsten Dunst gets kidnapped.

Peter looks like he's 90 years old.

Kirsten Dunst is tied up, gets wet, gets hard nipples.

The villain commits suicide.

Pete cries.

^^
All 3 SM movies, this one will be no differant.

Seriously someone fire Raimi and reboot this crap already. I bet in this one he takes tap dance lessons and Gwen Stacy becomes Carnage.

Pretty much spot on.

the only thing i hope for is a new spidey suit design...it's kind of blah now and i never liked the shape of the eyes...so, change that and i will be happy...haha...i don't need a whole suit upgrade but at least the head, eyes, chin...

M.

REPLACE TOBY AND KIRSTEN!!!!!
OMG i hated that guy! worst choice ever IMO or maybe its just becuase i cant stand him or his voice or his stupid face. he ruined the SM movies for me especially 3 did you SEE toby tryin to be "cool" eww cringeworthy.
And Kirsten too. no way was she even close to hot enough to ever play MJ.
I say lets forget the first 3 movies and start again.
:):):):)

I think Toby makes a good Parker.

Never cared for Dunst in the roll of Mary Jane. Bryce Dallas Howard was 500 times hotter playing Gwen Stacy.

After seeing a recent interview with Bryce Dallas Howard (with red hair) discussing Terminator Salvation no doubt she is a million times a better choice to play MJ. Never cared for Dunst.

REPLACE TOBY AND KIRSTEN!!!!!
OMG i hated that guy! worst choice ever IMO or maybe its just becuase i cant stand him or his voice or his stupid face. he ruined the SM movies for me especially 3 did you SEE toby tryin to be "cool" eww cringeworthy.
And Kirsten too. no way was she even close to hot enough to ever play MJ.
I say lets forget the first 3 movies and start again.
:):):):)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8TnaBCd_6-k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8TnaBCd_6-k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:chew :lol ;)

Well, there goes any interest I had in Spider-Man 4...

Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,' Villain To Be Chosen Soon
by Access Hollywood
  

NEW YORK, New York -- Kirsten Dunst will return as Mary Jane Watson, "Spider-Man 4" producer Todd Black told the New York Post.

The star will rejoin director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker's love interest in the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise, which is slated for May 6, 2011.

However, don't expect wedding bells for Mary Jane and Peter - Black told the newspaper that he was unaware of such a subplot. At the close of "Spider-Man 3," the two had an emotional - but ambiguous - reunion after the film's events drove the lovers apart.

Additionally, Black hinted at the film's villain, shooting down online rumors that pegged comic book character Morbius the Living Vampire as the latest member of Spidey's rogue gallery.

Instead, the producer told the Post that the villain had a significant connection to the Big Apple.

"We're just coming up with who the villain is now," he said. "We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

In past films, Spider-Man has faced off with the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Venom and Sandman, leaving a number of famous villains who could make their silver screen debut in "Spider-Man 4."

Among the popular options are Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, the Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Venom offspring Carnage and the Lizard, whose human alter-ego, Dr. Curt Connors, had a role in the previous two movies.

Another potential foe could be New York crime boss the Kingpin - however, the character appeared in 20th Century Fox's "Daredevil" and would likely require a rights acquisition by Sony Pictures.

But the crime lord would give the film a New York connection - and would also be Access Hollywood film critic Scott Mantz's top choice.

"The Kingpin is grounded in reality, and that's the appeal of Spider-Man," Mantz said, adding another suggestion to the mix - femme fatale the Black Cat. "I'd like to see the Kingpin and the Black Cat, to stir the pot with Peter's relationship with Mary Jane."

Dunst is ON BOARD for Spider-Man 4!!! :rock

And it has been confirmed that Morbius will NOT be a villain, despite some speculation.

Just a quick update for all of us Spider-Man fans! Below is the article.

Dunst "Definitely On Board" Spider-Man 4
Source:New York Post, Edward Douglas
June 6, 2009

Everyone's getting in on the action trying to guess what to expect from Sam Raimi's return to the Marvel superhero franchise with Spider-Man 4, slated for release on May 6, 2011. It's obviously still very early in development, but that didn't stop the New York Post from asking Sony producer Todd Black a few questions in order to clear up some of the rumors that have been circulating.

In the article, Black confirms that Kirsten Dunst is definitely on board, but that there are no plans to have a wedding between Peter Parker and Mary Jane in the forthcoming movie. He also squashed the rumors that Morbius the Living Vampire will be the villain in the movie, but that the villain will be very New York centric.

This is what he told the Post about the potential villain: "We're just coming up with who the villain's going to be now. We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

So who do you think the villain may be? In the article, they speculate it could be either Kraven the Hunter or the Kingpin, although one should probably assume the latter is still owned by Fox as part of the "Daredevil" deal. Still, maybe it will be some sort of New York City mob/crime storyline in the next movie, and there are plenty of Spider-Man villains that fit the bill like Hammerhead and The Enforcers.

vader_nooo_joy2.jpg

vader_nooo_joy2.jpg

vader_nooo_joy2.jpg

vader_nooo_joy2.jpg

vader_nooo_joy2.jpg

JC, are you kidding? She's an awful actress. Just awful. Not to mention that she looked like a used condom in the past 2 movies. There is nothing good about her as Mary Jane.

JC, are you kidding? She's an awful actress. Just awful. Not to mention that she looked like a used condom in the past 2 movies. There is nothing good about her as Mary Jane.

That is offensive.......to condoms.

Back