Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
give me carnage!

I don't think Hollywood is ready for him yet. I think he has a lot of potential, but I feel that after the Venom "incident," too many people, especially the general public, will associate the two and automatically stereotype the fourth installment as a "debacle," much like SM3 was classified by many movie-goers. (Even though I really liked it...)

I don't think Hollywood is ready for him yet. I think he has a lot of potential, but I feel that after the Venom "incident," too many people, especially the general public, will associate the two and automatically stereotype the fourth installment as a "debacle," much like SM3 was classified by many movie-goers. (Even though I really liked it...)

maybe we might see him in the venom movie. :monkey3

:duff i hoping they don't screw that one up, venom and carnage are my two all time fav. marvel baddies.

Well, if anybody can do it, I think Sam could. Hopefully, he'll give some positive insight onto the whole matter. :monkey3

One of the best parts of SM3 i don't give a ^^^^ what anyone says.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wQNrtszvmq4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wQNrtszvmq4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Raimi said: "I don't even want to comment on Venom, because I know he's a great character and all the fans love him. I never want to say anything bad about a much-beloved character because usually it turns out that I'm the one that doesn't understand what makes it great."

Raimi isn't a fan of Venom. He was quoted around the time of Spider-Man 2 that he didn't think much of him as a character and that he liked the classic Spidey villains much more than the modern stuff. Whether Raimi admits it or not it was well known that Avi Arad pushed for Venom to go in because the fans were dying for it. If he didn't want Venom what makes anyone think that in Spider-Man 4 we'd get Carnage?

Your best bet for Carnage is in the Venom spinoff because its a natural foe. I guarantee and would bet any amount of money that when the villains for Spider-Man 4 are announced they are characters he was fighting in the Silver Age.

Article by Jordan Gonzales
'Spider-Man 4' Updates Galore!

Sam Raimi is putting Dundalk, Ireland on the map. He is featuring the small town in the upcoming Spider-Man 4 AKA Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark. I guess Raimi is really into sustainable energy, as he learned about Dundalk through a New York Times article on Dundalk’s wind turbine. At 60 meters tall, you can definitely expect to see Spidey swinging from/climbing up/fighting upon this landmark.

Raimi has complete control over Spider-Man 4 in the hopes of making up for Topher Grace’s portrayal of Venom and the emo dance number of Spider-Man 3. One of his first decisions was to film a portion of the movie in Dundalk. Other than the turbine I’m not sure why he chose Dundalk or how it is going to fit into the story. Is Spider-Man going to be taking a vacation to Ireland? The rolling green hills don’t seem like they fit in with Spider-Man’s usual New York City environment.

Either way, Dundalk is ecstatic about this. They expect tourism to increase by around 400% as people come to see the wind turbine that Spider-Man climbed. Dundalk residents will be extras, standing around drinking Guinness and exclaiming at Spider-Man’s abilities to catch thieves just like flies. Hotels will be used by cast and crew and provide a nice economic boost for this Irish town.

Raimi also revealed that the script for Spider-Man 4 is almost done. He says he will be receiving a rough draft of the script in about 3 weeks. Hopefully scripter David Lindsay-Abaire steers away from dance numbers and bad haircuts. I am excited to see what Raimi does with the next installment in the Spider-Man franchise, and how much of a role Dundalk plays in the movie. If it’s good I might have to go visit Dundalk myself.

Wind power, sounds like maybe Vulture to me. They mention the height, so I think it makes sense, Lizard fights probably wouldn't be on a high up area.

Hmm, Spidey in Ireland. That's interesting...

By the by, who is the girl in your sig Mike?

If its the "English Rose" one its Kelly Brook. If its the "Blondes" one its Joanna Krupa.

Personally, i'd still love to see the lizard in the next movie, maybe with kraven hunting him and spidey, that way you have the dilemma for peter being that he needs to stop lizard but also rescue his friend without letting kraven kill him. Dunno always thought that made a logical movie. Also as much as i like vulture, he should have been in 3, having him and sandman working together to rob banks etc, with their own backstories etc . Although my own personal favourite would be mysterio with bruce campbell playing a bigger role finally, or revealing that the other roles were part of it

Yeah, the English Rose one, she caught my attention a bit more than the Blondes one. :lol

Apparently that news is fake an april fools joke
posted by Gary McLaughlin on May 14, 2009

"Hi folks, Gary McLaughlin here from the Dundalk Democrat newspaper. I wrote the original article on this subject as an April Fools Day joke for our readers, back on April 1. However, I do not know what happened but due to a glitch on our system the story went out live again yesterday, and is making the rounds so unfortunately it is not true. "

Back