SPECULATION: MMS-DX-02-TDK Batman Announced!!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i've decided its more my eyes playing tricks (apart from shoulder armour). I'm very very happy with the Medicom version, still making some upgrades to it... but i'm sure i'll end up buying the DX HT version anyway

hmm seeing the pic, it does look different from the first original version. Hot toys are teasing us with this pic.

Sorry, I think it not DX Batman.
camparee.jpg
the chin on the right is seriously longer!

and this is what I previously said
speculation or not, I asked asian ebay seller, to_bid_or_not_to_bid_that_is_the_question, what he his thoughts were about this, and he replied:

"Hi again, yeah it has been confirmed that a DX
Batman is underway but since their production line
can't meet production targets so I guess they wont announce the official word until after the summer
or release of DX Joker. Cheers

Regards
Wilson
"

so that batman is a DX?
lol sorry, i just don't buy that.
maybe they will make a DX batman, but that pic looks the same to me like the MMS one.

The pic from the poster Agen posted is the original TDK suit Batman prototype that was scrapped. Just so there's no confusion.

I was all ready to 'go nuclear' on whoever bumped this thread again with no news but.....HOORAY!!

Great frikking find Devil. Looks to be the new one in my eyes. Yip.....pee!

EDIT: hmmm, actually, after my initial excitement....I am not sure. Could just be a p/s job on the chin?

I want to believe...then again, I doubt they'd let the photo slip like that without some sort of official announcement or as an official teaser. remember all the ^^^^ teasing we got from DX Joker? Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure they'd go that route, unless this is an unwarranted 'leak' of some sort. Maybe I'll do it, but I wouldn't mind if someone beat me to the punch in looking at old promo shots of tdk bats to try and find it.

This may be the wrong thread to post this, and if it is, I am truly sorry

But I remember reading somewhere that HT released a second TDK suit batman that had smaller shoulder pads, and a more correct HS

This may be the wrong thread to post this, and if it is, I am truly sorry

But I remember reading somewhere that HT released a second TDK suit batman that had smaller shoulder pads, and a more correct HS

they improved those areas just before its official release

HT will extend in time the release of the new tdk batman. Now they have the tumbler in stock, near in time the DX Joker...

They must give us time to load our wallets if they want to sell more :rolleyes:

I doubt they'd let the photo slip like that without some sort of official announcement or as an official teaser.

Well not to say either way (real or fake) just to respond to some stuff:

Remember it's a "Test" site. So you can't find it under normal circumstances i.e. you type in "Hot Toys" you get their normal site first. nikoniko who found this Test site even said he had to do some digging to find it. So that's more of an "Easter Egg" type of thing. Not really a slip. When you make a test site, you don't really expect anyone to find it or check it out. Especially since HT currently have their normal site up and running (which comes up first in searches). So iunno.

As far as similarities between the figure in the banner and the scrapped prototype TDK Batman: well yeah. There's similarities. it's the same character in the same suit. But there's also obvious differences that can't be accounted for. It's not EXACTLY the same. Now could those differences be because of Photo Manipulation? Yes. But has HT ever done that before? I can't remember them ever doing that. Could be wrong (any example!?).

That whole site could be fake. MADE by the guy who just happened to find it: nikoniko. It's possible. Not finger pointing.. just pointing out a possibility.

The site no longer works and says: "Sorry, the store is temporarily closed for maintenance."
https://test.hottoys.com.hk/store_closed.html

This was the original address: https://test.hottoys.com.hk/index.php

Like usual.. we're left with more questions than answers. Thanks HT. :monkey5

Last edited:
The more I study it the more I definitely think it is a p/s. Just look at the chin dimpling and shadow from the nose. Looks to be the same exact shot.

Boooo! :(

Hot Toys said somewhere that they planned on updating their site with a customer service section so I think it's real. They used that site to test it out and when the public found it, they shut it off.

I think that image though is just a poorly Photoshoped version of the current fig.

I really hope is the DX Bats...:monkey5 Even if looks like the same v1 Bats from the catalog... let's wait.:confused:

That whole site could be fake. MADE by the guy who just happened to find it: nikoniko. It's possible. Not finger pointing.. just pointing out a possibility.

Haha! Thank you Devil 666 for even hinting at the possibility that I somehow possessed enough website design savvy to conjure up such a elaborate hoax. But needless to say I can't take credit. I was just using google.hk to find some chinese language info on Toy Hunters when I stumbled upon that site. For those that missed it, it has a new, sleeker layout that emphasizes the various licenses HT holds. The key area was the "Media" section, which included some cool pics of the SDCC Iron Man and the Watchmen Silk Spectre (which included pics of the 1/1 Rorschach and Comedian, hinting at possible 1/6 versions).

I only wish I had done some screen captures before it was taken down. We'll see when HT rolls out the real deal how close my "elaborate ruse" was to the real thing!:naughty

Haha! Thank you Devil 666 for even hinting at the possibility that I somehow possessed enough website design savvy to conjure up such a elaborate hoax. But needless to say I can't take credit. I was just using google.hk to find some chinese language info on Toy Hunters when I stumbled upon that site. For those that missed it, it has a new, sleeker layout that emphasizes the various licenses HT holds. The key area was the "Media" section, which included some cool pics of the SDCC Iron Man and the Watchmen Silk Spectre (which included pics of the 1/1 Rorschach and Comedian, hinting at possible 1/6 versions).

I only wish I had done some screen captures before it was taken down. We'll see when HT rolls out the real deal how close my "elaborate ruse" was to the real thing!:naughty

:lol:lol:lol

Glad you weren't offended bro. Like I said, no finger pointing just stating the possiblities. I agree.. that would be OVERKILL for a hoax/joke. Because imo that site looked pretty damn cool and sleek. Looked like a nice amount of work was put into it.

WHOA!!!!

lightened.png

Compare the shoulder/chest armor and head. DX TDK Batman? Hmmmm..

Just go back after a 2 day trip with no Net access.

I was looking at the pics and the upper piece of shoulder armor is a completely different shape, its more "square" from the pic, instead of the curve like the one on the right.

Even the lower piece is different

Back