SPECULATION: MMS-DX-02-TDK Batman Announced!!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go back after a 2 day trip with no Net access.

I was looking at the pics and the upper piece of shoulder armor is a completely different shape, its more "square" from the pic, instead of the curve like the one on the right.

Even the lower piece is different

good eye. but i think maybe the one on the left was a promo shot and they made changes before they released it.

To me the pic is PS'ed, when they layered Batman over the Joker shot they distorted it horizontally making the head seem wider and the chin seem shorter.

M.

Yeah Devil, those are legit possibilities, but now we know niko didn't make it :) and that it might indeed be a legit hot toys site. who would make a fake website like that for no real reason other than to hope that someone accidently discovers a DX TDK batman image that would then be leaked onto message boards and cause more speculation? sounds like bond villain stuff to me, but then again maybe hot toys are bond villains, tapping niche markets through various fronts around the world to fund their evil world destructive nano technology.

anyways, I was looking at old pics of the original TDK bats, before modifications, and there are similarities. The key one to spot is the collar. It's raised on the old one whereas its much shorter on the TDK bats actually sold. You can see that difference in the pics above.

the expression and facial shape of the bats with the collar looks, at least to me, nothing like that photo. There is also the oval shape absent in the original collared TDk bats proto pics.

...so...it could just be some odd photoshop, mixing various elements of the two tdk bats and doing some manipulation to achieve the oval cowl and smaller chin.

But it could be dx bats proto designs.

no answers, just more questions. blah.

Even for that little change, I will not spend another $160 plus shipping for other figure when the first is a GREAT to my eyes and pretty accurate (not like the first Joker with that awful sculpt)

Even for that little change, I will not spend another $160 plus shipping for other figure when the first is a GREAT to my eyes and pretty accurate (not like the first Joker with that awful sculpt)

It is a great figure but you said it yourself .. its "pretty" accurate - its a great looking Batman but just dosen't represent the actual film costume very well. Get a Medi.

It is a great figure but you said it yourself .. its "pretty" accurate - its a great looking Batman but just dosen't represent the actual film costume very well. Get a Medi.

I like Medi's way better.

HT's head was just ugly to me. I think the joker got a better treatment, even with his first HS

Okay if that is the DX, I'm sticking with my Medi. His head is too wide and the mouth looks pretty much the same...just a smaller jaw. Please let it be a PS job.

It's no PS job, it's right from the new Hot Toys website, the only thing questionable is what product is it a photo of, Prototype TDK Batman, Production TDK Batman or DX TDK Batman.

It's no PS job, it's right from the new Hot Toys website, the only thing questionable is what product is it a photo of, Prototype TDK Batman, Production TDK Batman or DX TDK Batman.

That confirms it how? the edges up to the ears are still way too sharp. Which has always thrown off that sculpt.

I said nothing about it confirming anything, all I did was point out is it's not a PS photo, it's a real photo of some HT product and we don't know what one conclusively, but it's not some fake photo someone made up, it comes right from HT officially.

I never said you were confirming fake or not, I'm implying how it confirms it's no PS job. For all we know HT could have PS'd it. What can't be PS'd these days?...

Isn't this guessing game fun? ¬_¬

It would hurt them to post an image of anything but a pure photograph of their products, they might apply PS filters etc., but if they created a figure in Photoshop, people would look poorly on them when no such product exists. HT and Sideshow have always used unmodified photos of their products, they may use filters and such like I said, but the base has always been a real product and I don't see that changing, it's poor marketing to do that. PS created stuff is for forum computer artists to have fun, not official marketing.

Head size looks nice in that one shot, but so can the released TDK Batman look proportional and good in the right photos, if that's the DX, I'd have to see many more photos before I feel like it's an improvement over the first figure, or at least improvement enough to warrant another buy.

I am maintaining that someone has p/s'd it. The chin dimpling and shadow casted by the nose is too exact to the the proto shot for the original TDK figure for it not to be the same pic used.

What is it people think is PSed, that someone used the computer to alter a photo of one of the figures to look more like Bale than the actual figure does? I just don't see HT doing that, it'd be stupid of them to do so.

No. But if you go back and look at the comparison pics to the proto original TDK fig and this one, the shadow from the cowl nose and the chiin dimpling/shadows are EXACT. Making me think someone has altered that orginal image with a shorter chin and wider head.

No idea why, but that is what it looks like.

It would hurt them to post an image of anything but a pure photograph of their products, they might apply PS filters etc., but if they created a figure in Photoshop, people would look poorly on them when no such product exists. HT and Sideshow have always used unmodified photos of their products, they may use filters and such like I said, but the base has always been a real product and I don't see that changing, it's poor marketing to do that. PS created stuff is for forum computer artists to have fun, not official marketing.

Head size looks nice in that one shot, but so can the released TDK Batman look proportional and good in the right photos, if that's the DX, I'd have to see many more photos before I feel like it's an improvement over the first figure, or at least improvement enough to warrant another buy.

...but this wasn't suppose to make it to the web?... so it's not for marketing of any form. Like a quickie mockup. I'm not saying it is, we are not privy to HT's background working procedures. Not only that for all we know HT or somebody at HT done it for kicks to get us all talking and chuckling at us. Or just seeing what responses come from it.

None of the sculpt cowl shapes and grooves have been softened like the real cowl. It's still sharp like Batman Begins but the face pulled out and tilted. The arm(s) are also raised outwards slightly where as the other on the official A4 poster was more closer to the legs in a relaxed position. So that puts the shoulder armor in a different position. The kevlar still uses the blue-ish/grey shiny prototype material as has been said before.
Though I can't get over how one pic posted and thats it nail in the coffin that this is the DX in your view that you portray to me.

For all we know it still hasn't been made yet, there still has been no official mention.

Thats like saying if it's on the internet it must be true. With no caution. :)

Last edited:
then if they do batman. then they can make this the ultimate one and stop making batman and joker figures. after joker. what's next joker hanging upside down..do a arnold terminator figure..

Back