sovereign studio 1:6 'CROW' run?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the sculpts for the smaller pants button, they're in the mold now. Here's an unobstructed view of the pants. They look gray but they're not in reality. The perils of flash photography.

freakscrow2.jpg

Updated list:
8th wonder (no battle damage, no coat)
darkartist81 invoiced
memnoch21 invoiced
the craw PAID
phoenixram1977
badmoon
blindvoyeur
lord azrael
screamningmetal (needs time to save up)

Pants looks really good and authentic:cool:.

I finished the sculpts for the smaller pants button, they're in the mold now. Here's an unobstructed view of the pants. They look gray but they're not in reality. The perils of flash photography.

freakscrow2.jpg
The fit is perfect, but I really don't like these buttons, the small ones are the way to go.
I'll be sure to save up enough.

I've got the smaller button in the works, that's what I will be using. If you really look at them in the movie though they really are quite large, and round. They remind me a lot of buttons on a Civil War military coat. None of the toys have ever gotten them right, but I think that's what people are accustomed to looking at. Same reason I seem to be having problems selling Michael Myers with the film accurate GREEN coveralls :banghead :lol

There's really not that many pics to be found on the net, and some are of collectibles. It's hard to tell if there are three buttons or four, due to the folds of the leather, as most pics from the film have him in a brooding sitting position. Is someone able to verify that? I don't have a copy of the film. The buttons themselves look perfect.

it's actually 4 buttons - i have 7 posters and about 30 postcards on my wall. but in that particular poster it looks like 3

36030a.jpg

a pic of the actual costume at auction:
crow.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the verification 8thsamurai. The only other thing I would like to know is about the boots. Are they ankle length or longer? The ones in this pic look to be longer than on Shawn's figure. Does he wear different boots?
crow.gif

I can see the sourcing of longer boots may be a problem, as well as possibly decreasing the articulation, so I'm not that fussed about them being accurate or not. The buttons look to be an easy fix though, that's why I thought I'd mention it.

In any case, Shawn, your figure rocks hard. I'll be on your list as soon as I am able to commit. With the list as short as it is, I'd better get my act into gear.

that was one thing i never liked about the neca fig (everything else was perfect) - the boots looked so big, clunky and rigid. i think heightwise on the neca they're maybe a fraction too tall. or it may look that way but he never actually wore them straight up like that at any point in the film - they were always like on shawn's fig - with the tongue folded down and the sides of the boot very loose. i think his fig has it about right - although he's chosen to fold the sides and back down too. which looks fine. but the boot itself is perfect.

EDIT: i'll try and post some pics of the boots tomorrow.

Thanks 8thsamurai. As I mentioned, it's difficult to get good pics on the net, and then some are of collectibles, which doesn't mean they are accurate. You really don't have to go to the trouble. I'm happy with what you've stated.

I've got the smaller button in the works, that's what I will be using. If you really look at them in the movie though they really are quite large, and round. They remind me a lot of buttons on a Civil War military coat. None of the toys have ever gotten them right, but I think that's what people are accustomed to looking at. Same reason I seem to be having problems selling Michael Myers with the film accurate GREEN coveralls :banghead :lol

I agree with you on the Michael Myers coveralls, everyone thinks they are blue. :google

The boots are sort of open to opinion and taste. There were several pairs, at least TWO styles and were worn in different ways.
Some were Vietnam era cap toe boots. worn open with the tounge hanging out. I have an US magazine from '93 with several great publicity shots where the boots look just like the NECA figure. Others were the current military issue of the late 80's/90's and were worn open AND folded over. I've owned about 8 pairs of those and always wore them that way. The longer you were them the more they fall and fold over.
The boots I use are full, laced up combat boots. I cut them open and fold them. I suppose I could leave then shaft standing up, just make sure you specify in the Paypal notes when you make your payments.

Updated list:
8th wonder (no battle damage, no coat)
darkartist81 invoiced
memnoch21 invoiced
the craw PAID
phoenixram1977
badmoon
blindvoyeur
lord azrael
metaphorage
screamningmetal (needs time to save up)

hey shawn, the publicity shots you mention, are they the ones where he's standing arms out, with guitar, in make up, no top on a black background? i think that's a pretty popular publicity shot

(oh just found it. do you mean this one?)
039_13339~Brandon-Lee-Posters.jpg

the boots look tighter and bigger here (maybe the nam era ones you mentioned). but think they used the other ones in the actual movie. i'd say the way you have them now is definitely perfect.

Yeah! That's one of the pics I was talking about. Those are brand new boots he was wearing there. In the film I think they wanted a more dirty, distressed look, since he did pull them from the trash.

Murderofcrows71, just let me know when you decide, I'll add you to the list.

No problem, 8th wonder. Let me know when you're ready.

Back