SooSoo - 1/6 SST-45 Wolverine - Old Man Logan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also they are gonna add Baby Hulk as an accessory.

giphy.gif

bh.jpg

0011.jpg

Have they said something more concrete than ‘MAYBE we can add it to the final product?’

They went from "maybe" ...

Soo Soo
Author
Admin

give me the hulk baby picture maybe we can added in the final product.

...to creating a thread specifically asking for source images with the words "will be adding"...

Soo Soo

Admin
· 3 h ·

Show me the picture of hulk baby will be adding in the final product.~~~~~~~~thanks for your supprot.~~~~~~~~

If they do, that green peanut will be staying in the box. :lol

Also, their statement about why they decided not to do a "monotonous" comic book version:

Dear our fans,

With the upcoming sst045 figure, we didnt 100% refer to the comic ver,some of you have feedback us that it doesnt look identical wit the comic ver and YES, it doesnt at all~~

Before we started this project, we have done numerous research on the comic version; however we find it too monotonous and easy to do; so we have added more cowboy elements into this project, specially from the accessories to the western wear costume. We want it to be more 'old west' rather than 'old man'~ Thanks~

Hope you guys love this project. Love you guys for always supporting us.

No reference to the creator of the original digital version though, that R_R_X showed in his post.

No reference to the creator of the original digital version though, that R_R_X showed in his post.
That doesn’t surprise me given that if memory serves me correctly, they stole other artists sculpts for a couple projects years ago.

Still think it’s lame that they didn’t make the effort to make a new, short body that could give them the edge over the Sideshow body

That doesn’t surprise me given that if memory serves me correctly, they stole other artists sculpts for a couple projects years ago.

Still think it’s lame that they didn’t make the effort to make a new, short body that could give them the edge over the Sideshow body

I looked through the posts and replies, and they didn't respond or react to suggestions that it should be a short, stocky body.

They must have this already planned out for a regular height body, which places it between comic book Wolverine and movie Wolverine.

The hat is a bit over-sized and it has some other small details I would have preferred to be different, but it's a purchase from me. Love westerns. It's been torturous trying to avoid LIM's offerings. This hits some soft spots for me.

Did anyone else notice the shotgun, revolver, and knife look like Lim's Gunslingers or maybe they just used the same inspiration for them obviously given they come from the same time period.

Still using those TRASH bodies. Looks good though.
Will never give this company money but can’t deny that headsculpt looks good.

Did anyone else notice the shotgun, revolver, and knife look like Lim's Gunslingers or maybe they just used the same inspiration for them obviously given they come from the same time period.

The shotgun does look similar.

I assumed it would be the VTS/DAM one (from their Arthur and Mad Max), but it has the LiM style curled hammers.

I just checked the shotguns on my figures and the VTS/DAM also looks like it was used by SW for their not-Sadie. (It has a distinctive diamond pattern on the side of the receiver).

The shotgun does look similar.

I assumed it would be the VTS/DAM one (from their Arthur and Mad Max), but it has the LiM style curled hammers.

I just checked the shotguns on my figures and the VTS/DAM also looks like it was used by SW for their not-Sadie. (It has a distinctive diamond pattern on the side of the receiver.
Yeah I was wondering if it was just my eyes playing tricks. I don't mind it though, already preordered him at Giantoy.

Yeah I was wondering if it was just my eyes playing tricks. I don't mind it though, already preordered him at Giantoy.

I went with Giantoy as well. After Kit they're my next go to company.

Was just thinking if I decided to re-Wolverine him, bone claws would be good to throw him back in time to his old west pre-adamantium days. Still have a spare set from one of the HT Wolverines.

I went with Giantoy as well. After Kit they're my next go to company.

Was just thinking if I decided to re-Wolverine him, bone claws would be good to throw him back in time to his old west pre-adamantium days. Still have a spare set from one of the HT Wolverines.
Not to mention getting a younger sculpt.

Not to mention getting a younger sculpt.

It would have to be What If... James Howlett Lost His Healing Factor? comic. :lol

Comics have become so chaotic, with so many versions of the same character on different earths that the What If...? series are practically redundant.

I wasn't sure exactly when Howlett was supposed to be born in the earlier comics. When I looked it up (c.1880s) I saw mention of him being 197, which was reference to the Logan film that pushed his birth back to 1832.

The 1832 birth date is closer to how I imagine the SooSoo figure. I want him to represent a grizzled gunfighter in the 1880s. It's going to be hard to forget he's the mutant calling himself Logan, so the bone claws will be on standby. He'll either be a regular human, or he'll be pulling all the other characters with him into Weird Western Tales, which is apt because 1/6 Jonah Hex is already there.

e8b3519b428c60ecc309ebcfc98a27c4-800.jpg

It would have to be What If... James Howlett Lost His Healing Factor? comic. :lol

Comics have become so chaotic, with so many versions of the same character on different earths that the What If...? series are practically redundant.

I wasn't sure exactly when Howlett was supposed to be born in the earlier comics. When I looked it up (c.1880s) I saw mention of him being 197, which was reference to the Logan film that pushed his birth back to 1832.

The 1832 birth date is closer to how I imagine the SooSoo figure. I want him to represent a grizzled gunfighter in the 1880s. It's going to be hard to forget he's the mutant calling himself Logan, so the bone claws will be on standby. He'll either be a regular human, or he'll be pulling all the other characters with him into Weird Western Tales, which is apt because 1/6 Jonah Hex is already there.

View attachment 609032
You can also see it as although he is a mutant due to his healing factor and claws, you can imagine he still ages like a normal human up until this age now is where he stops aging and only gets older within a year in the span of a century. I also don't mind the idea that it's still Old Man Logan's world but things turned into a old west type dystopian future. Lol

You can also see it as although he is a mutant due to his healing factor and claws, you can imagine he still ages like a normal human up until this age now is where he stops aging and only gets older within a year in the span of a century. I also don't mind the idea that it's still Old Man Logan's world but things turned into a old west type dystopian future. Lol

On your first point I actually did search before to see whether there was a time when his healing factor failed and he temporarily aged, but nothing like that came up until the Logan film.

But your solution does work, and that's how I'd like to think of the figure.

The second point is dangerous, because I'm trying to tame my collection. :lol

If I can pull Logan back into the old west I can fit him with the 'cowboys'. Going the post-apocalyptic route opens up a whole new hornets nest, which at the moment is really limited to The Last of Us and Mad Max. (There's some Resident Evil as well, but they don't really interest me much now).

Over the years I've collected a little bit of everything, and those little bits get added to until they're not so little any more!

I love SooSoo's stuff, but I'm gonna wait for them to do an X-Men version. Even then, if they don't put him on a shorter body that'll be a bummer.

Has SooSooToys been removed from Facebook since announcing this? I can’t access them or their fans page right now.

They’ve certainly became more emboldened with their Marvel thievery considering how cautious they were in showing off images related to the their Gambit back when that was first announced.

I wanted to ask them that since Logan can have a whole baby Hulk and backpack added, can Rogue just get that one gloveless hand.

Back