1/6 SooSoo SST-060 Vampire Hunter (Blade)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, but I will say - it speaks volumes about the quality of the original Hot Toys Blade figure that its taken 14 years for it to be surpassed.
You could say that if other companies had been producing subpar 1/6 Blades every so often that didn’t rival HT’s effort but, since we’ve had absolutely nothing between then and now, it’s more a case of Blade being a neglected or forgotten property as opposed to the HT figure being some insurmountable standard of quality until now.

Also, every time I see this picture, I see Blade just casually drinking a cup of coffee… or warm blood.
1698891307365.jpeg

Last edited:
You could say that if other companies had been producing subpar 1/6 Blades every so often that didn’t rival HT’s effort but, since we’ve had absolutely nothing between then and now, it’s more a case of Blade being a neglected or forgotten property as opposed to the HT figure being some insurmountable standard of quality until now.

Also, every time I see this picture, I see Blade just casually drinking a cup of coffee… or warm blood.
View attachment 672295
I been seeing the same lol

It wasn't hard to beat HT's Blade. 1 other competitor since? While we have 3 films and multiple companies out there, no one really bothered their asses to make him until recently.

I mean I don’t exactly see Blade as the most in demand character. No new film since 2003 and the MCU version has been stuck in place without a script for quite some time. The fact that there are now a couple versions coming out is a bit surprising but cool.

I'm not a purist - I'm happy mixing up the looks of the figures from different films on the same shelf - All I need is a damn good Blade figure and a Reaper [preferably Nomak] and I'd be a happy man, add Deacon Frost and I'd be a very happy man.

View attachment 672295

A bit off topic, but seeing as how Blade is a Daywalker, when does he (have to) consume blood? He can survive without drinking it? Does he ever drink it?

A bit off topic, but seeing as how Blade is a Daywalker, when does he (have to) consume blood? He can survive without drinking it? Does he ever drink it?
In the Blade universe, vampires need blood only because of "the thirst". If they didn't drink blood the thirst would basically drive them crazy, I'm assuming it feels like starving to death for vampires. Blade holds his thirst at bay by using the serum that Whistler makes for him.

But blood is shown to have a lot of added bonuses in the films as well, like how Blade drinks Karen's blood at the end of Blade 1 to heal his wounds and regain his strength, and it almost is like a shot of adrenaline for him too. Same thing happens in Blade 2, when he crawls into ugly old vampire dudes blood jacuzzi. Following both scenes he is supercharged and kicks major vampire ass.

In the Blade universe, vampires need blood only because of "the thirst". If they didn't drink blood the thirst would basically drive them crazy, I'm assuming it feels like starving to death for vampires. Blade holds his thirst at bay by using the serum that Whistler makes for him.

But blood is shown to have a lot of added bonuses in the films as well, like how Blade drinks Karen's blood at the end of Blade 1 to heal his wounds and regain his strength, and it almost is like a shot of adrenaline for him too. Same thing happens in Blade 2, when he crawls into ugly old vampire dudes blood jacuzzi. Following both scenes he is supercharged and kicks major vampire ass.

I recall Whistler saying something about Vampires needing to consume human blood because their own blood can't sustain hemoglobin so they need human blood otherwise their own red blood cells will die.
I'm not sure if the above applies to Blade, but he definitely takes his serum to abate the thirst and it seems to act his substitute for blood and seemingly has blood as an element, so maybe?
He seems a little stronger after taking his serum, but this is nothing compared to the power-up he seems to get after human blood.
His serum has diminishing returns also - requiring stronger and stronger doses to slake the thirst and have an effect, suggesting it will eventually become ineffective.
Personally I think Blade should just drink donated blood - but I get the impression its a sore issue for him.

I recall Whistler saying something about Vampires needing to consume human blood because their own blood can't sustain hemoglobin so they need human blood otherwise their own red blood cells will die.
I'm not sure if the above applies to Blade, but he definitely takes his serum to abate the thirst and it seems to act his substitute for blood and seemingly has blood as an element, so maybe?
He seems a little stronger after taking his serum, but this is nothing compared to the power-up he seems to get after human blood.
His serum has diminishing returns also - requiring stronger and stronger doses to slake the thirst and have an effect, suggesting it will eventually become ineffective.
Personally I think Blade should just drink donated blood - but I get the impression its a sore issue for him.
Man, all this lore and the thought of a human/vampire hybrid kicking ass is so ******* cool. My memory of the films is super hazy and vague cos I watched them when I was 8 lol. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Man, all this lore and the thought of a human/vampire hybrid kicking ass is so ******* cool. My memory of the films is super hazy and vague cos I watched them when I was 8 lol. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!
cool human/vampire hybrid? Morbius at that...? 🦇🦇😉

Attachments

• 398100-1061CD27-53C6-4F3A-9A58-CFCFC08564FD.jpeg
    398100-1061CD27-53C6-4F3A-9A58-CFCFC08564FD.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 0
Back