SooSoo - 1/6 SST-45 Wolverine - Old Man Logan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the comic version since it's copying the fan design of Raphal Bero who made a digital statue of his interpertation of cowboy Logan inspired by Unforgiven and Red Dead Redemption.

It's a shame a western movie featuring Logan has never happened given that he was born in 1832.

View attachment 608924
View attachment 608925

Thanks for sharing the reference material! I was also curious why they went for this design over a straight from the comics look.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been out of the comics loop for almost a decade now. What's the storyline? Is it in the future or did he get sent into the past?

It's the future after the villains have taken over, or something.

I've skimmed through all the comics but not actually read them.

Thanks for sharing the reference material! I was also curious why they went for this design over a stright from the comics look.

It's because his Old Man Logan comic book look is a bit dull, or "monotonous" as SooSoo described it.

Dear our fans,

With the upcoming sst045 figure, we didnt 100% refer to the comic ver,some of you have feedback us that it doesnt look identical wit the comic ver and YES, it doesnt at all~~

Before we started this project, we have done numerous research on the comic version; however we find it too monotonous and easy to do; so we have added more cowboy elements into this project, specially from the accessories to the western wear costume. We want it to be more 'old west' rather than 'old man'~ Thanks~

Hope you guys love this project. Love you guys for always supporting us.

It's the future after the villains have taken over, or something.

I've skimmed through all the comics but not actually read them.
Thanks for that brief - all I need really, lol

The imagery a previous post reminds me of that Pilgrim series I read years ago. Guessing this is in the MCU's Phase 11...long after I've ceased to care (almost there now).

Thanks for that brief - all I need really, lol

The imagery a previous post reminds me of that Pilgrim series I read years ago. Guessing this is in the MCU's Phase 11...long after I've ceased to care (almost there now).

There's a wiki page explaining things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_Logan
But Earth-807128?

That's what I meant about What If...? comics being redundant. There's so many versions of earth in comics nowadays. :lol

I’m just grateful to get a cool figure. I figure I can part him out in any number of ways or kitbash him. I like the grumpy old man look. I’m rarely satisfied with figures as they come out of the box. I like the Old Man Logan/Red Dead/Unforgiven mash up. And I’m not going to complain that Arthur and John and (hopefully) Dutch have another member of the posse, regardless of canon, whatever that may be

Attachments

• 0F5F19C3-B797-4C45-9A47-8AC803AA95B5.jpeg
    0F5F19C3-B797-4C45-9A47-8AC803AA95B5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Its cool but like a couple of others, I'm not sure I need this in my collection. It also looks like liev schreiber to me.

View attachment 608976View attachment 608977View attachment 608978View attachment 608979View attachment 608980View attachment 608981View attachment 608982View attachment 608983View attachment 608984View attachment 608985View attachment 608986View attachment 608987View attachment 608988View attachment 608989View attachment 608990View attachment 608991View attachment 608992View attachment 608993View attachment 608994View attachment 608995

The Collectible Figurine special features:

-One(1)Normal detailed head sculpt
-Body with over 30 points of articulations
-Approximately 30cm tall

-Twelve(12)pieces of interchangeable hands including:
-One(1)pair of fists
-One(1)pair of relaxed palms
-One(1)pair of holding guns hands
-One(1)pair of holding knife hands
-One(1)pair of fists with metal claws
-One(1)pair of relaxed hands with metal claws

Costume:

-One(1)Red shirt
-One(1)Green scarf
-One(1)Brown coat with damaged effect
-One(1)Brown pants
-One(1)pair of boots
-One(1)ammo belt
-One(1)Brown leather jacket

Weapons:

-One(1)Revolver
-One(1)Shotgun
-One(1)knife

Accessories:

-One(1)Grey hat
-Six(6)Shotgun shells
-One(1)Rope
-One(1)Figure stand

Release date: Q2/2023
Looks very cool and can definitely be displayed as a regular western figure by just using the regular hands, I get why comic fans are a bit disappointed tho.
Did anyone else notice the shotgun, revolver, and knife look like Lim's Gunslingers or maybe they just used the same inspiration for them obviously given they come from the same time period.
The shotgun does look similar.

I assumed it would be the VTS/DAM one (from their Arthur and Mad Max), but it has the LiM style curled hammers.

I just checked the shotguns on my figures and the VTS/DAM also looks like it was used by SW for their not-Sadie. (It has a distinctive diamond pattern on the side of the receiver).
I don't see anything recast from the Gunslinger, just some obvious inspiration, Soosoo has been "inspired" to also start doing wood grain on their weapons as well as other things lol but whatever.

Soo Soo

Admin
· 1 m ·

What do you guys feel for the logan of Western themed ?? Which one is your next character in Western themed? GhXXt rider or spXXn?

They might make a better western Ghost Rider than Thunder Toys, if they put their own spin on it (or someone else's spin as with Logan).

As for Western Spawn... he looks too whacky.

tumblr_o61ieqADqI1tr0o9mo1_1280.jpg

I’m just grateful to get a cool figure. I figure I can part him out in any number of ways or kitbash him. I like the grumpy old man look. I’m rarely satisfied with figures as they come out of the box. I like the Old Man Logan/Red Dead/Unforgiven mash up. And I’m not going to complain that Arthur and John and (hopefully) Dutch have another member of the posse, regardless of canon, whatever that may be
Me too my friend I like to kitbash, miss match western parts to create my own gang, there are no rules for my figures.

Alan Slaughter

3 h ·

Soo Soo are there any updates to previous figures, personally old man Logan and gentlemoon for myself, but Homelander etc, so many people left in the dark. I know it can’t be easy when your constantly bombarded with requests for new figures, but updates would make people feel a lot better. You have been quiet for some time.

Hugo Gojibiter
I hope they’re not about to go down the Big Chief Studios road

Anthony Fillen
Hugo Gojibiter yeah unfortunately I think that’s a very real possibility.

Heard they are not responding to anyone. Not even Justin who has helped them name several of their releases. But they won’t even answer him now. It’s not looking good for this company. They did get the Kaman rider figures out though, so maybe there is still some hope!

:unsure:

Back