Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
want to buy the full set, but may just do a bash...I think the black headsculpt that came with the Firefly figure, a pair of goggles, and something to use as a ballistic face mask will still top that goggled head on this figure...I just cant get past it looking too small...Reminds me of when I tried to use the Hasbro goggled Snake Eyes head on a HT body...

And the Snarling Timber sculpt being an exclusive was an unpleasant surprise...That was the only reason I wanted the timber was that look...

Does SS usually re-work their stuff before release?....

Matt

I think one of the Sideshow employees sculpted Timber off of their favorite winter sweater. :tap

lv-sweater26_PH__0502729219.jpg

where do you find this ____ nam? :rotfl

Thank God for Toy Anxiety. I'll just buy the Commando head and Timber to swap on my version one with an ACI sweater and call it a day. :lol

I just wanna get it and futz with it. SS's pix aren't flattering at all.

I think you're right. SS's photographers have no clue how to pose a figure.

Does SS usually re-work their stuff before release?....

I've not noticed them do re-work anything before, certainly not like HT does. It seems more like SS gives us excuses for not doing a better job ("poor SE can't get his sweater off if we make it look good!") instead of reworking it until they it right.

I was really excited about this figure, but for $200, I think I'll pass.

Last edited:
I think you're right. SS's photographers have no clue how to pose a figure.

Well it's not the pose but the fuzing of the accessories and the lighting. I don't think the painted head, gloves and boots will have that light of a contrast in person.

lol, fair enough, haha. I'll take more ____ versus having to fork the same amount and feel ripped off, haha.

I'd prefer them swapping out the 1:7 goggles for 1:6 ones that look right with the sculpted head, adding furrowed brows to the snarling sculpt of Timber so that he looks more realistic and replacing that jacket with a Commando sweater. Just those few things would make this price tag easier to swallow.

Even with Timber, I think this is a bit too much for a Sideshow Joe. The price trends with HT and Sideshow along with including stuff I don't need like a giant Sandman torso and Timber to justify the increase has made me a lot more selective about my purchases. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Even with Timber, I think this is a bit too much for a Sideshow Joe. The price trends with HT and Sideshow along with including stuff I don't need like a giant Sandman torso and Timber to justify the increase has made me a lot more selective about my purchases. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You're not, I really think SSC needs to kick it up a notch in the QA department if we're gonna play the $200 a pop game. Ditch the horrible ____ing ratcheting knees, they are ass. And not that SE requires solid paint apps on the head but for future releases well then at least TRY to match Hot Toys (pipe dream) but at the very least ask Soldier Story or DiD where they get their heads painted. Come on SSC you gotta give a little to get a little. Again, Hot Toys is cheaper? :cuckoo:

Well it's not the pose but the fuzing of the accessories and the lighting. I don't think the painted head, gloves and boots will have that light of a contrast in person.

You're absolutely right about the futzing, but the posing in these pictures struck me as particularly awful, especially here:

26235d1331663269-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes5.jpg

Who holds a sword like that? (The stupid c-grip hands don't help.)

and here, where he is a giraffe-necked shuffler on the left and drunkenly firing his weapon before passing out on the right, where he looks ready to fall over backwards.
26236d1331663269-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes6.jpg

Amazing that the SE they did three years ago looks way sweeter than this one. I won't feel like I'm missing out when I don't purchase this figure with it's tiny head and awkwardly long neck.

Oh wow! I just logged on and saw the pre-production photos. I'm still reading you guys' comments and getting the feel of everyone's mood. I myself got "kicked in the balls" for buying the Waypoint Diorama for Timber, but got it for $50 off evilBay. I'm in the process of changing the pants for the 3rd time on my Snake Eyes. I never got the 1st version, so I created a kit bash like most. I think I'll get the new Snake Eyes anyway just to check it out. I've thrown out the idea on the Sideshow site and Facebook about using stretchable materials on the crotch and universal ball joints on the ankle. I hope SS take it inconsideration. Here's my Snake Eyes ...
snakeeyes_mar2012.jpg

and here, where he is a giraffe-necked shuffler on the left and drunkenly firing his weapon before passing out on the right, where he looks ready to fall over backwards.
26236d1331663269-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes6.jpg

The pic on the right looks like he's doing Tony the Tiger's, "They're grrrrrrrrrreat!" :lol

I was waiting for an all black rehash using the Stalker "commando" clothes but they really drooped the ball... there are dozens of great custom made SE figures in this forum (I won't even start in the web) how can they just blew it??. :slap

I will wait to buy the heads and add it to my version.

What ever happened to the theory that SSC has 2 people waiting to jump into lines when someone jumps out?

You're not, I really think SSC needs to kick it up a notch in the QA department if we're gonna play the $200 a pop game. Ditch the horrible ____ing ratcheting knees, they are ass. And not that SE requires solid paint apps on the head but for future releases well then at least TRY to match Hot Toys (pipe dream) but at the very least ask Soldier Story or DiD where they get their heads painted. Come on SSC you gotta give a little to get a little. Again, Hot Toys is cheaper? :cuckoo:

Have to agree... while this one shouldn't be affected by lackluster paint work; no way Sideshow has proven they are competition at the same price point (or more) than Hot Toys.

Comparing what you get here for $200 to a figure like Captain America or Thor for less makes this look like a joke.

I guess we are close to April Fools :huh

Back