Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I bit the bullet and used my rewards points to get a good chunk off this guy, hoping he'd turn out better in-hand than the pictures led me to believe.

He really did, surprisingly. Still have issues with the mask, but just out of the box he's a shockingly good stock figure. I'll eventually end up modding him, knowing me, but as of right now I think he's their best offering to date. I didn't expect Timber to be so damned heavy.

Got this guy for Christmas and I like him. He just needs some TLC with futzing and posing. Timber, as well. That said, I will be modding to my tastes. Good job, SS.

Did some tinkering this morning. Put the V2 Snake Eyes outfit on the new body and switched the new Commando outfit to the original SE's body to fill out the original and make the new one less bulky under the sweater. Pretty happy with the results.

IMG_20121225_151119_162.jpg

I opened mine today and to say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. I own every SSC Joe other than that CCC abomination and this is an easy last place. I can't stand either of the portraits, the coat sweater thing is aweful and Timber is a train wreck. I almost passed in this and man do I ever wish I would have. To top it off the box ripped all round the tab when I opened it.

Did some tinkering this morning. Put the V2 Snake Eyes outfit on the new body and switched the new Commando outfit to the original SE's body to fill out the original and make the new one less bulky under the sweater. Pretty happy with the results.

very cool shot with timber and snake's.:rock

Both look great

This looks 100x better compared to any if Sideshow's promotional shots :clap

Thank you. He looks a lot better in-hand...whoever was posing him for their promo shots needs a pay cut. That being said, I still don't think he's worth the $200 price point. If you already have the V1 and want the extra stuff to pretty him up, he's closer to being worth it, but still not quite there. Overall, though....I'm really happy with him. Wish he came with a left hand that could actually hold his sword or knife, though.

I opened mine today and to say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. I own every SSC Joe other than that CCC abomination and this is an easy last place. I can't stand either of the portraits, the coat sweater thing is aweful and Timber is a train wreck. I almost passed in this and man do I ever wish I would have. To top it off the box ripped all round the tab when I opened it.

POLEchristmasstory06.jpeg

Sounds like you need to box it up and sell it.

Back