Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acbc4a8c2c45fe40dffb99d2976777c8.jpg

I can also attest to the fact that the Man of steel neck peg works to put on a HT helmet.
You may need to warm up the adaptor in boiling water to get it to fit. But it works.

Also, an excuse to post a pic [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I'm considering picking one of these up (but not the Deluxe version), and I have just a few questions:

1. Are the pleats in the tunic sewn in? I think it'd may be a nightmare to get the tunic nice and pleated by hand.
2. Most pictures I've seen seem to have the tunic open pretty wide, is it possible to pull them in closer? I tend to prefer not showing so much of the body suit between the respiratory system and the tunic.
3. What would be a good price for the non-Deluxe version?

Thanks in advance!
Alex

I got the SS Jedi Vader hoping to use the HT RO Vader head on it but the neck joints aren't compatible, so I decided to try the SS Vader parts on the RO Vader. IMO this is the optimal Vader currently available. RO has the best helmet, boot armor, body, suit, tunic, and cape, and the Sideshow Jedi or Deluxe Vader shoulder armor, chest box and belt, and cod all fit perfectly. The Deluxe and Jedi gloves go on like a dream too, using the RO pegs.

And this is my favorite shot of Vader, so I wanted to capture this pose as close as possible.

IMG_20170218_133916.jpg

On the skinny Deluxe Edition Vader, the gloves looked like friggin' oven mitts, and I hated how big the resting on belt boxes hands looked, so I was hoping the Jedi version's box grip hands would solve the problem. Unfortunately, Sideshow didn't keep the texture of the Jedi Edition gloves consistent on the Deluxe gloves which have a more screen accurate, softer look, but decided all the new gloves had to look like crap when combined with any Deluxe gloves. F'ing Sideshow, man. They must have a contract with Lucas that whenever they make improvements, they also have to make detractions.

Turns out, with the fuller arms of the RO body the Deluxe gloves aren't so mitt-like, and I am okay with using the left box-resting hand again, which is more in keeping with the shot. I can't remember once where Vader actually grabbed the boxes anyway. Can anybody?

IMG_20170220_143458.jpg

IMG_20170220_143554.jpg

You can't really see it, but the Jedi version lightsaber is hanging from his belt.

DID ANYBODY NOTICE RO VADER COMES WITH AN EMPIRE VERSION SABER?

I was able to take the very nice new blade out of the Jedi saber and it fits perfectly into RO's Empire saber. I used tacky putty to mount it to the nameplate decor of the RO base. Looks pretty cool.

IMG_20170220_151856.jpg

Last edited:
I also pried Anakin's pasty head out of the collar piece to complete the disassembled helmet display from the Deluxe.

IMG_20161225_233718.jpg

IMG_20170220_152042.jpg

IMG_20170220_152103.jpg

IMG_20170220_152139.jpg

Last edited:
I also pried Anakin's pasty head out of the collar piece to complete the disassembled helmet display from the Deluxe.

IMG_20161225_233718.jpg

IMG_20170220_152042.jpg

IMG_20170220_152103.jpg

IMG_20170220_152139.jpg

I did the same thing!! :clap Back when the deluxe was released I received mine with both tusks broken off on the full Vader helmet as did a lot of people, and my Anakin head was messed up. SS sent me replacements for both without asking to destroy them. I too took the Anakin head out and put the bottom part around the base like you did. And I have an extra Vader helmet head. I have both tusks that were broken off. As tiny as they were I found them in the box since I knew there were issues before I received him. I figured one day I'll try to glue them back on, but they are so tiny!

vaders.jpg

Very nice Vader! I've also settled on the RO Vader body and boots, they fit the SS ROTJ parts perfectly. I actually like it combined with the stock SS ROTJ cape and the older SS Deluxe tunic. The RO robes are also excellent, but I like the way the SS ones hang and fold better.

I got the SS Jedi Vader hoping to use the HT RO Vader head on it but the neck joints aren't compatible, so I decided to try the SS Vader parts on the RO Vader. IMO this is the optimal Vader currently available. RO has the best helmet, boot armor, body, suit, tunic, and cape, and the Sideshow Jedi or Deluxe Vader shoulder armor, chest box and belt, and cod all fit perfectly. The Deluxe and Jedi gloves go on like a dream too, using the RO pegs.

Proud new owner of this great version of Vader. However, I'm wanting to futz with the outfit a little to straighten things out a bit. Does anyone know how to remove his belt? Also, are there anything I should watch out for while removing it?

Proud new owner of this great version of Vader. However, I'm wanting to futz with the outfit a little to straighten things out a bit. Does anyone know how to remove his belt? Also, are there anything I should watch out for while removing it?

Easy brother! It is a velcro at the back and there aren't any special instructions for it other than to be careful like handling any figure. I keep it fairly tight and think it works well.

7f2e700de1290b83d3791ebedd2672dd.jpg

Another image, with tunica custom

Attachments

• IMG_20170211_182833_623.jpg
    IMG_20170211_182833_623.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0370.jpg
    IMAG0370.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 257
I'm just getting into 1/6 & higher end figures. I just got this vader and his LED lights on his belt won't stay lit for more then a few seconds and seem very dim when they are. While his chest/voice box's red LEDs work great. As my first 1/6 scale figure it's a little disappointing... any ideas?

I'm just getting into 1/6 & higher end figures. I just got this vader and his LED lights on his belt won't stay lit for more then a few seconds and seem very dim when they are. While his chest/voice box's red LEDs work great. As my first 1/6 scale figure it's a little disappointing... any ideas?

Have you tried replacing the batteries it shipped with?

Thanks for the response!
I took the batteries out and swapped them around but did not replace them with new ones. The 3 Red LED lights work fine so I didn't think it was a battery issue. I'll try putting in new ones, hopefully it's that.

Decided to go back to the RO chest armor for my Emp/Jedi bash as the stripes are better proportioned despite the esagerated flair of the center stripe. I did transfer the cape chain hook from the Sideshow armor though. Now his helmet and chest look like his dress armor when greeting the Emperor to the second Death Star.

17270842_1499050430119617_1763393030_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. I think my Vader set-up is pretty similar at the moment. I know the RO pleats aren't exactly accurate to Empire but they look really good.

Back