Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very happy with my SS Vader. Here's a photo I posted a while back. IMAG0076_1_1.jpg

I believe the bodysuit, gloves, light saber, no reveal helmet, and just a regular stand.

I'd like to see a comparison shot with deluxe and version 2 vader gloves. Just curious if the fixed them in the newer release

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Just got this guy yesterday... not really sure I'd recommend him. I was already going to swap in a HT head, but I'm not sure what SS was thinking about the body proportions. I immediately had to shorten the lower torso so I could get things to look right and the cod piece/belt/chest box in the right positions without making the pant crotch riding too low. QC on the paint, especially the chest box, was subpar. So far, the saving grace are the new hands for resting on the belt boxes.

Here's what I did to the torso, shortened by about 1/4 inch:
20170107_105013-1_zpsugl6nyjq.jpg

Futzed cape and robe, and touched up paint on chest box. Pretty happy with him now, especially with lights on. Looks more imposing than the current HT versions. I still may replace that undersized belt buckle.
20170107_182510-1_zpsuzxprpdh.jpg

20170107_182556-1_zpstsfnecyc.jpg

20170107_192048-1_zpsaz63iuv9.jpg

Futzed cape and robe, and touched up paint on chest box. Pretty happy with him now, especially with lights on. Looks more imposing than the current HT versions. I still may replace that undersized belt buckle.
20170107_182510-1_zpsuzxprpdh.jpg

20170107_182556-1_zpstsfnecyc.jpg

20170107_192048-1_zpsaz63iuv9.jpg

Is that a HT head? How is it attached?

Is that a HT head? How is it attached?

Yes, it's a HT ANH head, buffed to a shine. I made an adjustable spliced connector, but there's probably an adapter connector you can find on ebay. The distance between the balls is about 1/2" to 9/16" the way I have it now.
20170107_225849-1-1_zpsfd3kyjof.jpg

Looks great, Phoenix. Is there not a way to close that gap between the cod piece and the belt? Seems to be maybe the only issue.

Looks great, Phoenix. Is there not a way to close that gap between the cod piece and the belt? Seems to be maybe the only issue.

Thanks! The belt boxes are right on top of the cod piece, so the belt can't go lower. That's why I'm considering a larger buckle to close that gap.

Used some 303 Aerospace Protectant on the rubber parts to give them more of a leather sheen. They looked a bit dried and dull in the previous pics.
20170108_143839-1_zpsunnyahhw.jpg

I'm pretty sure they are the same but luck have you I have both I'll post it in a few

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Used some 303 Aerospace Protectant on the rubber parts to give them more of a leather sheen. They looked a bit dried and dull in the previous pics.
20170108_143839-1_zpsunnyahhw.jpg

Again an amazing Vader! I am trying so hard to get a RO helmet and the robes. Extremely hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again an amazing Vader! I am trying so hard to get a RO helmet and the robes. Extremely hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, appreciate the input! If it makes you feel better, I'm STILL waiting for my RO helmet to arrive in the mail. The placeholder head in the picture is the buffed-up ANH helmet, which is also nice.

Having had both capes, I have to say I still like the SS ROTJ cape better than the HT RO cape, at least on this figure. Once you get it ironed out and shape it on the figure with some DI water, it drapes nicer and feels more to-scale than the RO cape. As far as the tunic, I think I prefer the one from the original deluxe SS vader to the rest, including the RO tunic. I've actually ordered one for my SS ROTJ.

Back