Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, appreciate the input! If it makes you feel better, I'm STILL waiting for my RO helmet to arrive in the mail. The placeholder head in the picture is the buffed-up ANH helmet, which is also nice.

Having had both capes, I have to say I still like the SS ROTJ cape better than the HT RO cape, at least on this figure. Once you get it ironed out and shape it on the figure with some DI water, it drapes nicer and feels more to-scale than the RO cape. As far as the tunic, I think I prefer the one from the original deluxe SS vader to the rest, including the RO tunic. I've actually ordered one for my SS ROTJ.

I'm thinking of just standing pat with what I have at this point. I do like the look.
I'm not done with Vader tho...want a 1/4 version.
Keep posting pics tho. I think the HT helmets are amazing but look best on the SS ROTJ body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they are the same but luck have you I have both I'll post it in a few

Thanks! The sideshow website says its supposedly a newly sculpted codpiece but I haven't been able to spot a difference. hopefully this one is slightly bigger but not diaper big like the RO one.

If you are wanting it for rogue 1 vader here is the rotj version
0c0caaa82824151568c9979c24dd4a6a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

If you are wanting it for rogue 1 vader here is the rotj version
0c0caaa82824151568c9979c24dd4a6a.jpg

Thanks wolfcustom! I'm actually planning to use it on my SSC Deluxe / HT ANH-RO Kitbash vader, he's a full-on frankenstein by now more custom than original. But I currently have the Sideshow Deluxe Codpiece on him and would like to see if its worth getting this one if its any bigger or better sculpted. If it isn't to much to ask could you take a comparison pic between both codpieces? Thanks again and that's an awesome looking Vader you have!

Sorry for the bad image quality but here's a pic of my vader kitbash, next week I'll be getting the ROTJ hands to swap out the current Deluxe ones. I'll also try out a Rogue one bodysuit to see if it looks better.

Just watched the David Prowse documentary on Netflix called "I am your Father".

Very interesting. Lots of stuff I never knew about him. Met him at conventions several times but very cool documentary.

d8521abdb35bf63333bcc016b8b43f7e.jpg

Overlapping

And side by side
703ee9bc6a0f65ebf6ffd9c9065cbd15.jpg

I bought an extra just for my ro vader that is stock mine the proper codpiece

Interesting, the cod piece on my ROTJ vader looks like this, definitely a different sculpt and larger:
20170126_194945-1_zpsia94jnuv.jpg

That looks like a hot toys lol. Maybe I have 2 deluxe bought the second off eBay at a steal for 10 bucks. It works great on my rogue one vader ;)

Thanks for the help guys! I'll post some better pics of my Vader once he's finished. I might try some of the jazzinc mods on him also.

That looks like a hot toys lol. Maybe I have 2 deluxe bought the second off eBay at a steal for 10 bucks. It works great on my rogue one vader ;)

It does! ..but luckily not nearly as big as the RO space diaper. I think all of the SS cod pieces look just fine.

Do the new ROTJ gloves fit easily on the HT ANH figure? Anyone have both?

I'll get my ROTJ gloves next week so I'll let you know but it shouldn't be a problem. I currently have the deluxe gloves on my HT, ANH Vader upper body and they work just fine.

Cool, now the hard part--acquiring the gloves! I picked up chest box and the lightsaber seems easy enough to get but I've never seen those gloves on Toy Anxiety once and they've parted out a few of that figure.

They get bought in a matter of seconds, I was able to get them this past time on TA because everybody was crazy buying the RO gloves, which go even faster. BTW those RO gloves are the most expensive hands I've ever seen on TA, $5 each!

Cool, now the hard part--acquiring the gloves! I picked up chest box and the lightsaber seems easy enough to get but I've never seen those gloves on Toy Anxiety once and they've parted out a few of that figure.

I picked up R1 set last week on ebay for 40.00

Back