Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pleated here, doesn't it?

Best%20Jedi%20Vader%20Shot.jpg

Hi guys, I picked up a Rogue One Vader helmet recently. Could you guys post pics of your modified neck joint/peg for the Sideshow Veder?

BOBBY

Looks pleated here, doesn't it?
Yeah, definitely does there. Though the folds are maybe a bit tighter.

This was more the impression I had of the under robe (where it's a bit more messy than the RO inner robe).
e80981547fd91915ea00242ffa14171e.jpg

But then there's a pic like this that looks pretty close to the number of pleats on the Rogue One figure. Either way it looks really good, the thickness of it, color.
david-prowse-and-michael-pennington-in-jedins-återkomst-(1983).jpg

But if you zoom in on both of those pics, the pleats are more uneven/random than they first appear. The RO inner cape is like vertical blinds. I've been looking at the pleats for a couple of days wondering if I should get rid of them or keep them. My instinct was to mess them up a bit.

Is that the ROTJ Sideshow with Hot Toys RO head? I'm thinking of picking up a RO head to put on mine now.

it's a mix between Sideshow ANH and ROTJ, plus Hot Toys ANH head and body.

With Sideshow ROTJ and Rogue One head, you will get a very similar Vader but it will be a bit taller, and have more red eyes. The bodysuit and hands will be better on your version, since you will be using ROTJ 2.0.

I think you are right.

I need to adjust that too. Make the upper part a bit more bulky too.

I've read the HT superman man of steel neck peg works perfectly.

Sparty thanks, I read that too, but I wasn't sure how to attach the neck peg as the original black peg on the Sideshow Vader body had resisted my attempts to remove it even with heat.

BOBBY

I replaced the batteries and the belt went dim again after having it switched on for about 10 minutes... Safe to say I have a faulty unit?

I replaced the batteries and the belt went dim again after having it switched on for about 10 minutes... Safe to say I have a faulty unit?

If the batteries are new then yes, it appears you have a faulty belt. If you purchased from Sideshow directly then you can email their customer service. Otherwise Sideshow will tell you to contact your retailer.

BOBBY

Wondering why you guys are using a rogue one head when the mask is super innaccurate not to mention the dome

It could be argued that the mouth grill on the sideshow is too big but that's a small detail compared to the widows peak, different shaped eyes, super small neck vent, different shaped tucks etc.

The trick used to lower and adjust the dome that we did on the first deluxe version of this figure helps a lot.

The sideshow head has many problems besides the terrible grill. While none of the options are perfect, any of them are better than sideshows second run at Darth Vader

Wondering why you guys are using a rogue one head when the mask is super innaccurate not to mention the dome

It could be argued that the mouth grill on the sideshow is too big but that's a small detail compared to the widows peak, different shaped eyes, super small neck vent, different shaped tucks etc.

The trick used to lower and adjust the dome that we did on the first deluxe version of this figure helps a lot.

Any Pics of the adjusted Dome?

Truth be told, I actually like the Sideshow helmet alot, even with it slightly oversized grill. I find it looks menacing. However I do like to experiment with my figures, and the Rogue One helmet is another option, and I feel I can easily modify it to better resemble the ESB/ROTJ style helmets if need be.

BOBBY

Back