Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't bought a sideshow figure in ages, I can't remember if pre-ordering is a must to avoid disappointment or if I can just wait to in hand pics and still get it. Can somebody tell me? lol

edit: Also I'm worried at the factory's interpretation of all that weathering. Don't want another naff and printed looking poodoo stain effect like on those early sandies. Would love to weather it myself!

I figured this would be priced about the same as R2D2 so it's nice that it's actually a bit under. The downside is that the figure is fairly bare bones. Still I think it might be worth owning but I'll wait until it's coupon eligible.

Hm, guess this meager offering is all we'll get for May 4th, hey. Was hoping for more on the Jawas or Luke and Leia but will have to be patient, I guess!

$140 seems more than reasonable to me, especially compared to what other figures are going for these days.

I'm just bummed we have to wait another year for him to come out.

$140 seems more than reasonable to me, especially compared to what other figures are going for these days.

I'm just bummed we have to wait another year for him to come out.

This thing is gong to hit amongst a barrage of figures from TFA. I foresee many cancellations.

So, Sideshow removed pretty much every accessory that R2 came with, keeping the restraining bolt as the only accessory, and also removed all the LED light up features. As for the figure itself, all they had to do was re use R2's body and make a new head and change the paint scheme.... And for all that, they're saving their fans a meager $10?? :dunno I think that's a bit ridiculous. :cuckoo: This should be like $100... Glad I have no interest in it.

So, Sideshow removed pretty much every accessory that R2 came with, keeping the restraining bolt as the only accessory, and also removed all the LED light up features. As for the figure itself, all they had to do was re use R2's body and make a new head and change the paint scheme.... And for all that, they're saving their fans a meager $10?? :dunno I think that's a bit ridiculous. :cuckoo: This should be like $100... Glad I have no interest in it.

Yeah, I guess there goes the dream of basic no-electronics/no-accessories astromech variants for $110.

And a year?! What possible reason could SSC have for a ONE YEAR delay in release for a figure that is 80% reuse and has a stove knob as the only new part? :slap

This really has to stop. Why announce it now then? A year (and a couple of months more if there's a delay) is just non-sensical.

Looks like R2 also went up for sale on May 4th... maybe next year we'll get a Power Droid :lol

I think R2 was a great price at $150 and one of the few figures that was less than I think the going rate would have been. I think they could easily have charged $175 for R2 and even gotten bites (me included) at $200.

R5, being a year later and much less complex is probably about spot-on price-wise if you consider that R2 was a bit of a bargain.

Yeah, I guess there goes the dream of basic no-electronics/no-accessories astromech variants for $110.

And a year?! What possible reason could SSC have for a ONE YEAR delay in release for a figure that is 80% reuse and has a stove knob as the only new part? :slap

This really has to stop. Why announce it now then? A year (and a couple of months more if there's a delay) is just non-sensical.
Really? Is it that big a deal we have to complain about it? Who cares. Vote with your wallets if you don't like it, people, but leave the rest of us in peace. $120.00 a year from now is not that big a deal. Plenty of other things to keep me occupied in the mean time.

Wow, hadn't noticed that he doesn't even come with any tools! Even if I probably wouldn't want to display him with tools anyway, it still seems like something they should at least include.

Random side note but I think it's funny that because of Kenner this Droid actually contradicts movie canon. Luke doesn't say "This R5 unit has a bad motivator."

Will probably be happy and get hasbro's R5D4. Neither one has lights, but big price difference. Might even get medicom's version if prices drop for him.

Random side note but I think it's funny that because of Kenner this Droid actually contradicts movie canon. Luke doesn't say "This R5 unit has a bad motivator."

Luke was a young idiot then. Couldn't even tell an R2 unit from an R5 unit. I'm sure Yoda went over some of those basics during his dagobah training.

Back