Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gina who?

0.jpg

Get ****ed

Here is a rather prophetic passage from a past Forbes article:

Disneyā€™s approach is dangerous. Canceling people for their views is the proverbial slippery slope. The maxim, ā€œI disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,ā€ is losing ground to a rather frightening alternative of, ā€œI disapprove of what you say, and I will cancel you for it.ā€ In the past, organizations that needed to distance themselves from employeesā€™ controversial opinions would make a public statement that, ā€œthe employeeā€™s opinions are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the company.ā€ Done. Banishment was reserved for more egregious behaviors like debilitating drug abuse, assault, robbery, and murder. The 1950ā€™s blacklisting experience reinforced our belief that speech and political affiliation need to be protected, but we seem to have forgotten the lesson.

As companies cancel people for their opinions, it feeds a dangerous cycle. The more they cancel, the more they emboldened the mob to target more people and organizations. Then repeat. Disney, and many other organizations, are playing a very dangerous game out of fear, partisanship, and/or misplaced sincerity. The beast they helped to create and indulge may eventually devour them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/genede...ical-and-dangerous--lacking-sound-management/
Well expressed šŸ‘šŸ»

What was it that Rodney Dangerfield said in 1978ā€¦

ā€œI canā€™t wait for my gay uncle to pass away so that he can leave me all of his dressesā€ lol
If youā€™d have told me a Shang-Chi thread would result in this Dangerfield joke ā€¦ Iā€™d have said you were crazy.šŸ¤£

Here is a rather prophetic passage from a past Forbes article:

Disneyā€™s approach is dangerous. Canceling people for their views is the proverbial slippery slope. The maxim, ā€œI disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,ā€ is losing ground to a rather frightening alternative of, ā€œI disapprove of what you say, and I will cancel you for it.ā€ In the past, organizations that needed to distance themselves from employeesā€™ controversial opinions would make a public statement that, ā€œthe employeeā€™s opinions are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the company.ā€ Done. Banishment was reserved for more egregious behaviors like debilitating drug abuse, assault, robbery, and murder. The 1950ā€™s blacklisting experience reinforced our belief that speech and political affiliation need to be protected, but we seem to have forgotten the lesson.

As companies cancel people for their opinions, it feeds a dangerous cycle. The more they cancel, the more they emboldened the mob to target more people and organizations. Then repeat. Disney, and many other organizations, are playing a very dangerous game out of fear, partisanship, and/or misplaced sincerity. The beast they helped to create and indulge may eventually devour them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/genede...ical-and-dangerous--lacking-sound-management/

This is a very concise way of putting a very frightening problem that is growing in horrible ways. I'm not sure how it will stop though. It would take a new generation of people that have seen the pitfalls of such behavior and change their actions.

We could be waiting a very long time. It could be just a generation away... or it could last like the Dark Ages.

This is a very concise way of putting a very frightening problem that is growing in horrible ways. I'm not sure how it will stop though. It would take a new generation of people that have seen the pitfalls of such behavior and change their actions.

We could be waiting a very long time. It could be just a generation away... or it could last like the Dark Ages.

One generation or the input that tips the system into catastrophe. I hope it's the former.

Yet another unintended consequence of the Internet. Social media specifically.

So, Disney announced this will be on D+ for free starting Nov 2nd.

So no premier access D+ money for Shang to add to it's gross.

So, Disney announced this will be on D+ for free starting Nov 2nd.

So no premier access D+ money for Shang to add to it's gross.

It's November 12th, actually ... which they're touting as "Disney+ Day". Along with this and Jungle Cruise being fully available, there's a bunch of other stuff they have planned.
Also, there was never a plan for Shang-Chi to have any Premier Access window.

November 2nd, November 12th.... blah blah...

I knew I read there was a 2 in there... :lol

Besides, nothing about D+ day has me all that excited... Maybe the special "celebrating" Boba Fett when they explain to fans why it's a NO NO to call his ship the Slave I anymore... :nono

It's now The Firespray!!!! :blissy

And for Shang they said 45 days exclusive to theaters. I don't remember anything about not being a premier viewing on D+. Black Widow still isn't on D+ for free (released July 9th), not till October 6th. And that's way longer than 45 days. The normal 90 days or so.

Last edited:
Shang-Chi was going to be Premier Access until yesterday when Simu Liu tweeted that homosexuals should be castrated just like pedophiles so now they're rushing it out for free.
Simu just released an ancient Chinese proverbā€¦.

Enter broke back mountain, Depart with a sore cave.

Last edited:
Yea watched it last night. Not a bad film. Just kinda there and entertaining. The fights were great

Looks like Venom 2 ($441.5m) has just overtaken Shang Chi ($430.5m) at the worldwide box office, and it hasn't even opened yet in some markets.

It's safe to say that Shang Chi is a better movie than Venom 2, so what does this say considering Shang Chi is the 2021 Disney only box office champ? I'm sure No Way Home will blow Venom 2 away, but that's a Sony/Disney collaboration.

Back