Action Figure Sentinel Re: Edit Iron Man Figures 1/10 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sentinel (company): Iron Man figures - 6 inch scale

I will say the Armorize version is of interest to me. I've always liked figures that allow you to outfit or take a character from superhero to mere mortal and back. the Price on such a smaller figure though just kills it for me.
One of my favorite toys as a kid was a Batman figure that was basically Bruce Wayne you could snap on some armor pieces and put a cape and cowl over rhis head.
I believe HT did this with a Superman Returns figure, putting a suit over his superman suit. Would love to see something similar for Iron Man and upcoming figs.

This looks so ridiculous that I can't help but love it. :lol

He really looks like a walking tank, and the dynamic poses really bring it to life. I'm no huge IM fan so I'm just enjoying the sight of these figures, but I honestly wouldn't know what to do if they ever set their sights on making an Ultron.

Damn, was looking forward to this WarMachine. Love the style and design but for that price...ugh. Dunno if I can bring myself to pull the trigger.

That WM cost more than the HT Mk 3 did when it released. :lol

Damn, was looking forward to this WarMachine. Love the style and design but for that price...ugh. Dunno if I can bring myself to pull the trigger.
I hear ya, Amigo. Love WM MK1 but that damn price is insane!

Sneak Peek of their Hulkbuster:

I posted up the written/pictorial review as well: Sent-Ti-Nel's Re:Edit Iron Man 02 Extremis Armor

Here are some pics from it:

924.png

627.png

529.png

1515.png

1123.png

Sen-Ti-Nel Re:Edit Iron Man Extremis Armor.
Hi-Res images here:

1615.png

1714.png

Those pics are awesome! The figure looks good!

I have some friends who treat Sentinel products with a zeal bordering on religious fervour, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about. Picked up their Armorize Iron Man for ¥6000, which I'd consider a good price.

uHY2e3Y.jpg

Spindly, lanky Tony Stark - and people complain about Barbie having unrealistic proportions...

DFrkAL1.jpg

WbfXBY6.jpg

Face sculpt and paint are definitely on-point for a 6" figure, though. This made a good first impression, as did the massive tray of surprisingly weighty armour parts.

ulh10b5.jpg

YNSNsdJ.jpg

kyzcGzW.jpg

Paint flaws/wear on some of the diecast parts straight out of the packaging didn't, though. Would love to know who thought making half of an ankle ball joint out of painted metal was a good idea.

vmWdgm2.jpg

2neqHq4.jpg

J7Te2xt.jpg

UpxwGSs.jpg

nQWaigu.jpg

The process of armouring up the figure made me warm up to it, I have to admit. For one thing, the shin armour completely covered that ankle joint with visible paint wear and it really does have a lot of attitude and dynamism when you start posing it.

aZgPxWi.jpg

2Vgugmn.jpg

NzGunFY.jpg

Again, the face sculpt is probably the best non-movie rendition of the character ever created. The paintwork, texture and finish all look crisp and clean, the articulated eyes work well too. Pictures don't really do justice to how good the mix of surface finishes on the armour look in the flesh, for one thing all the white circles are in fact a kind of iridescent paint that changes colour subtly depending on the light. The contrast of the flat burgundy against the rich satin gold captures the look of Granov's comic artwork perfectly and makes for a welcome departure from the movie Iron Man formula of high-gloss hot rod red.

2P9WYk6.jpg

SuR8z1F.jpg

The figure can Iron Man quite adequately, the armour being an external suit does little to nothing to hinder spindly Tony's SHF-esque articulation. The torso is particularly impressive, unlocking in two places into a segmented assembly reminiscent of Hot Toys' figures. It's also extremely heavy for a figure this size owing to generous quantities of metal making up at least half of the external suit and some of the Tony figure's inner frame too.

Z0OLOtG.jpg

It can kind of achieve the three-point pose. This is when the biggest problems with this figure became apparent to me. The hips drop down on a central axle, SHF-style. Unfortunately, unlike an SHF the 'codpiece' is a floating section very loosely anchored to the joint that connects the lower torso to the hip joints, and the torso itself splits into segments and articulates quite easily - meaning you have nothing solid to hold onto when trying to push the hips back up into their pelvic recess. The other big problem with this is that from certain angles there's some really unsightly gaps in the waist when it's articulated that let you see right through the figure and out to the other side.

It's a good example of how over-engineering for its own sake of what should be a straightforward series of joints almost ruins what is otherwise a quite spectacular figure. The neck joint suffers from this too - it's a series of hinges and swivels with a keyed connection for the head, which admittedly is an impressive bit of engineering but ultimately offers less articulation than a straightforward barbell double ball joint - Tony can look left, right, up and down but can't tilt his head at all.

UyDDjLr.jpg

cP95W1H.jpg

It's out of scale with Bandai's SHF offerings - comes up quite large vs most other Japanese figures. It has to be said that even though it's a much more straightforward figure engineering-wise the SHF Mk VI is much more pleasant to throw into and out of poses. Sometimes it really does pay to keep things simple, stupid.

kxSnlzb.jpg

That said, it does scale quite well with Mezco's One:12 Batman. Probably what made me decide against flipping the figure immediately, I'm hoping it'll look good standing alongside the Dark Knight and their forthcoming Dredd in the cabinet.

uG22YMK.jpg

A lot of reviews I've seen of this figure have repeatedly raised the issue of the shoulder pads being restrictive, but honestly I haven't had any problems with them. For more dynamic poses I've adopted the simple solution of removing them, posing the arm and sliding them as far back onto the track as they'll go. I'm honestly amazed no-one took issue with the floating, hollow groin section or neck joint. In conclusion it's a real mixed bag of a figure, there's some things about it that I think are astoundingly well-executed and a couple of things that are so badly-designed I can feel my piss boiling whenever I look at them.

If I'd paid the full ¥11,000 asking price for this when it was initially released I'm pretty sure I'd have been immensely disappointed, considering that's about halfway to a Hot Toys figure. As it stands I'd be extremely reticent to pay the absurd asking price for some of their other products like the Metamorforce Dancouga or the Re:edit Iron Man figures.

I have that one as well. It certainly looks amazing and the suit up feature is fun, but the articulation does leave a little to be desired.

Awesome review! I especially like the last picture!

Wish they'll release one of the modular armour. That's the definitive one for me as I always remember it from the 90's cartoon

Last edited:

Does anybody have any info on the exclusive Iron Patriot? Any PO's anywhere and what the cost is looking like, outside of eBay?

Great review :clap

Awesome review! I especially like the last picture!

Wish they'll release one of the modular armour. That's the definitive one for me as I always remember it from the 90's cartoon

The modular armour he wore during the 90's comics, in the cartoon series and in the Marvel vs Capcom games is my all-time favourite, including the movie suits. Unfortunately the only figures of it are a slightly dubious (and now hugely expensive) Toy Biz Face-Off figure, some Toy Biz figures produced for the cartoon and an assortment of statues and busts.

I'd love to see Sentinel do more with Armorize - improve on the engineering and give us more classic comic armours and Stark looks - but sadly they seem to have gone all-in on the Re:edit line instead. I guess with its triangular chest beam and other superficial similarities the pentagon suit will tide me over...

I have that one as well. It certainly looks amazing and the suit up feature is fun, but the articulation does leave a little to be desired.

It's quite impressive in some regards, if they'd designed the groin, neck and shoulders more sensibly it'd be perfect.

Does anybody have any info on the exclusive Iron Patriot? Any PO's anywhere and what the cost is looking like, outside of eBay?

Afraid to say you're going to be out of luck with that. They only produced 2,000, and the events they were being sold at - WonFes and ACG - both sold out completely.

Your best bets are going to be Mandarake, Jungle and Yahoo Japan Auctions (you'll need a proxy service for that last one). PM me if you need the search terms in Japanese to look for one. I'd recommend using FigInStock - Check restocks, new items from Mandarake or Amiami pre-owned, prices automatically phone alerts because even in Japan, Sentinel products available as general releases are rare as hen's teeth on the aftermarket and get picked up instantly. I imagine tracking down an exclusive is going to be a nightmare.

Alternatively you could just cough up the Ebay prices, but they're absolutely ridiculous.

Back