Action Figure ZD Toys 1:10 scale Iron Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Old Lu

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if there are threads about this but I swear I looked and did searches (although I know the search feature here isn't great).

Anyone have one of these ZD toys 1:10 scale Iron Man? They look really good and are pretty cheap too, $35-$40.

Here are a couple of videos comparing them to the SH Figuarts version.

They even have light up versions:

Most of those YouTube reviews seem favorable.

So anyone who has one or two, can they attest to their quality? Are they any good? Or are they actually pretty crappy, no better than a Hasbro figure but just looks good on video?

I have the EG Mark 85 and it's a good figure, albeit it's from I think when they were starting out. Yeah I've seen reviews of these, and they do look of really good quality. I read they're doing the Mark VII, 42/43 soon. I'm a bit uncertain where to source them though.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I've been very curious because they look pretty good and I think they could be a worthy alternative to having dozens of Hot Toys, especially with regards to space (and cost of course).

If anyone's interested in getting more, this is a good place:

https://www.kghobby.com/zd-toys/

As good as it gets for anything along that scale. Like mini Hot Toys, lesser articulation compared to SHFs or marvel legends but decent for superhero landing pose.

The first 7 suits will be displayed in their HOA on my shelf.

Seems like one of the more affordable and space-friendly ways to do an HoA without wasting much more detailed HT figures or more posable SHF

Ordered these up from KG, the shipment made a wrong turn in Albuquerque but eventually got them in

For the price they're insane. Great little boxes, nice depth on the paint. Vastly more articulated and detailed than a Legends, not as much so as a SHF, but considering those are going for double to triple the price thats expected. Honestly the paint color is richer on the ZD, at least compared to my older SHF. It looks like the newer editions they are making of the old armors have better colors, not as yellow. There's some light defects here and there, but I'm quite pleased. I went ahead and got the whole HoA too but haven't set it up yet (also just assuming they'll make a Mk1 apparently, here's hoping).

I'll post these side by side images here too-

SHF - ML - ZD - KA - HT Older/Newer
0j2KW87.jpg

b4fhq2B.jpg

A wide assortment of Figuarts, King Arts, ZD, Hot Toys
81g4mal.jpg

qdGKSac.jpg

ih7LPpm.jpg

nY6tEb2.jpg

Quick setup of the HoA just to get a sense of the size, pretty nice! All seven together needs right about 3 feet at the widest. They're 4" deep, with the curve they make you need about 10" of space front to back. They're 8.5" tall

SklCsqV.jpg

SNrcwF1.jpg

I wasn't even a 100% sure how they worked, the box is in Chinese and has no instructions. Turns out, rechargeable battery wired in and a micro USB port on the back
yeY29jf.jpg

I just used a generic phone charger to test it, glows red when charging
wTJue8M.jpg

Charged! You could probably hook them all up to a USB hub in the back to keep them charged without messing with it, but you'd need to turn them all and off on individually with the button on the front
CEV49bb.jpg

Messing with some SHF, honestly not a bad choice for a budget option ($40 ea) if you got SHF or Legends and want a HoA. The ZDs are actually a bit tall in the Hall compared to the film
cyMlPQo.jpg

EQYqlAz.png

big fan of zd toys. they're slightly bigger than mafex/figuarts but cheaper and look as accurate with really nice paint applications. only downside is fewer accessories + fewer articulation

Just received 3 figures today with 3 more on the way. These are really much higher quality than I expected for the price. I stopped collecting Figuarts once the figures were reaching $100+. I've sold almost all of my figuarts pieces and these are going to be a great alternative to those for me.

The fact that ZD toys can sell a high quality figure like these at such low prices really demonstrates how over priced a lot of other companies are.

Dang that Mark VII looks fine! The Mark VII's my fav movie IM suit, gonna have to def pick it up.

I just bought the Mark 7 originally. Now I have all of the Iron Men, Mark 2-7. It's because they are that good.

Agree with all points here. They are packaged much more elaborately than they deserve, and I love it. Magnetic closure box, with satin ribbon pull tray cover, all in a size barely larger than a paperback novel. I've got a few more on the way. Here's my Mk III, spring extra for the light up feature. For the life of me I can't think of why they didn't offer the light up as an option on the whole line? At almost exactly seven inches, should scale well with the coming Three Zero suit release.

The articulation is really good, though not as over the top as the SHF. But all the added articulation in SHF and Mafex etc, often make the joints look thin and wonky. So this is a good trade off, as there's still plenty of articulation, but the joints and proportions feel more true to life (or film as it were). The paints are just as good as anything hot toys have given us. The reds are rich, deep, and glossy and the golds are metallic lustrous. Again, I wish the light up function were available in the whole line up, but even if that comes down the line, these are so affordable I wouldn't think twice at upgrading if need be later.

IMG_8144.JPG

Last edited:
Also, for reasons unknown, my Mk II from Toys Wonderland just arrived today and had an extra set of red shoulder pauldrons included?

FYI I just saw that Toys Wonderland is now offering a light up version of the Mk II, so I'll be letting go of this like new figure asap.

IMG_8146.JPG

Back