Iron Studios 1:10 Scale Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Iron Studios has been on a tear grabbing up 1:10 scale licenses in the last few years with things like Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Thundercats, Power Rangers, etc. Recently they announced TNMT, The Exorcist, Kiss and one or two others. I'm waiting to see if they announce Star Trek. It’s a pretty smart strategy as there's not a ton of competition in the space. Although I'm not sure if there's a large collector community for 1:10 scale.

Just today, I received the second (#3) X-Men vs. Sentinel dio, and am probably going to break down and get the final dio in the set. I haven't decided whether to collect any other lines in the scale, however if they start offering sets like Fantastic Four vs. Galactus it may become an attractive proposition.

The sculpts are pretty good and IS seems to be able to crank them out. I would be curious to see who all is collecting these and how they display. Also what other licenses folks would be interested in seeing.

I have the Tony Stark snapping statue (I Am Iron Man) and am very impressed with the quality of it. I would definitely be down for collecting more if money and space weren't an issue.

I'm really hoping for a 1/10 Mulder and Scully. The iconic duo deserve being immortalised in statue form.

It's not 1/10 (or statue) but did you get the ThreeZero 1/6 X-Files figures?

Decent figures for the price. I bought two sets of each - display with trench coats on/off.

Although the Scully seems under-scaled next to the Mulder.

Iron Studios has been on a tear grabbing up 1:10 scale licenses in the last few years with things like Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Thundercats, Power Rangers, etc. Recently they announced TNMT, The Exorcist, Kiss and one or two others. I'm waiting to see if they announce Star Trek. It’s a pretty smart strategy as there's not a ton of competition in the space. Although I'm not sure if there's a large collector community for 1:10 scale.

Just today, I received the second (#3) X-Men vs. Sentinel dio, and am probably going to break down and get the final dio in the set. I haven't decided whether to collect any other lines in the scale, however if they start offering sets like Fantastic Four vs. Galactus it may become an attractive proposition.

The sculpts are pretty good and IS seems to be able to crank them out. I would be curious to see who all is collecting these and how they display. Also what other licenses folks would be interested in seeing.

All the licenses they are grabbing are right down my nostalgia wheelhouse - 80s, 90s, early 2000s. I do own/have on preorder a lot of their statues from Jurassic Park, Thundercats, Power Rangers, etc, as well as a lot of their modern IPs like from the DCEU, Mandalorian.

The 1/10 sculpts are pretty good considering the scale and I like the fact they are in ready out-of-the-box in dynamic poses (which I can never achieve with figures - due to fear of breakage, articulation limitations, posing ineptness). They have less of a shelf presence than larger scales but I do like the fact that you display a whole team or diorama scene from a movie/ show without taking up too much space.

Iron Studios used to be good bang for the buck but their prices are skyrocketing recently - the 1/10 BTTF 2 Delorean diorama with Doc & Marty preorder was over two-grand. I believe the original 1/6 Hot Toys Delorean was only around $700 and if they re-issued that today, I doubt Hot Toys would charge more than $1,000 considering the the recent Batman Tumbler re-issue is around $600. It's an apples and oranges comparison (since it's different scales and materials) but $2,000 still seems unreasonable considering the scale.

I do commend Iron Studios for doing a better job of completing a line than other companies. For example, Hot Toys will release a couple figures like a Harley or King Shark for Suicide Squad but then bail on the rest of the cast (like they did with Star Wars Rogue One), whereas Iron Studios usually puts the whole team up for preorder at the same time.

Last edited:
Back