SECOND Joker movie in development at WB starring............. Jared Leto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how most people are surprised people are bitching about this. Duh! As a DC fan wouldn’t you be upset that your fav characters have been crapped on by b list marvel characters for the past decade. I’m sorry z list. Including gotg. I love both but come on. You announce two joker spinoff movies? What? How is that smart? Then you have no plan going forward. We don’t know how aquaman will do and suicide squad wasn’t even good. Only a few liked the Leto joker. He’s garbage. How bout they lay the foundation for there heroes first like Superman and Batman before we jump to all these spin offs. Some that don’t even connect.
If you made a crap JL movie that couldn’t even touch gotg numbers then of course people have the right to complain about WB and it’s crappy practices. It’s not hard to se that DC is destroying these characters. Except for maybe a few. They have no vision or direction. Throwing crap on a wall to see what sticks.

Of course people have raised eyebrows when WB announces two joker movies. Lol that’s just stupid. It’s like they want to sell these characters off

But the character has been portrayed well. Each with their own flair and cover the bases for all fans of the character.
Romero and Nicholson were all pretty much comic interpretations.
Ledgers was just of a terrorist with makup.
Leto's gangster-like one was a side character in SS. A movie with more screen time to show what that version can do is fine.

Leto getting to shine as a Joker who doesn't have tattoos or grill yet with a slightly younger Batfleck (with a dark blue & grey batsuit) & Robin (before he dies in this universe) = Great.

Gimme dis.

Leto-Joker.jpg

And dis.

Batfleck_classic.jpg

Or something like it.

Last edited:
But the character has been portrayed well. Each with their own flair and cover the bases for all fans of the character.
Leto's gangster-like one was a side character in SS. A movie with more screen time to show what that version can do is fine.

I don't think Leto did a good job. There are few...very few tiny moments of brilliance, but overall, he sucked. His voice wasn't consistent, sometimes sounding like Jim Carrey, other times sounding like Nixon, and in one scene he sounded like Leto. His laugh was fine, but repetitive, always the same regardless of his mood. He made animal noises like a cat....wtf?

Most of that above along with the design of the character and how he was used in the story could have been fixed with a better director and good editing. I doubt Leto is going to make any changes to his version of Joker, so good for you guys who like his take on the character.

I like how most people are surprised people are bitching about this. Duh! As a DC fan wouldn’t you be upset that your fav characters have been crapped on by b list marvel characters for the past decade. I’m sorry z list. Including gotg. I love both but come on. You announce two joker spinoff movies? What? How is that smart? Then you have no plan going forward. We don’t know how aquaman will do and suicide squad wasn’t even good. Only a few liked the Leto joker. He’s garbage. How bout they lay the foundation for there heroes first like Superman and Batman before we jump to all these spin offs. Some that don’t even connect.
If you made a crap JL movie that couldn’t even touch gotg numbers then of course people have the right to complain about WB and it’s crappy practices. It’s not hard to se that DC is destroying these characters. Except for maybe a few. They have no vision or direction. Throwing crap on a wall to see what sticks.

Of course people have raised eyebrows when WB announces two joker movies. Lol that’s just stupid. It’s like they want to sell these characters off

Leave the past in the past.

BVS, SS and JL had reports that there was issues and when the films came out we all saw their problems. Wonder Woman had no such reports and it was a good movie. There is no such reports that Aquaman and Shazam has any issues so they will likely be good movies. With WB take it movie at a time lets see how Hamadas direction will pan out.

Leave the past in the past.

BVS, SS and JL had reports that there was issues and when the films came out we all saw their problems. Wonder Woman had no such reports and it was a good movie. There is no such reports that Aquaman and Shazam has any issues so they will likely be good movies. With WB take it movie at a time lets see how Hamadas direction will pan out.

Nope. Until proven that they are competent at creating good movies with these characters and not just two I will continue to be wary. I don’t know how anyone cannot be. Maybe they are gonna get on the right track maybe not but until that times comes they are still incompetent and ****ed up some of the most recognizable heroes ever.

I don’t like his portrayal. The tats are stupid, the grill is stupid, the laugh is horrid and his voice sucks. I know joker is was intended to be a modern gangsta back in the day but now since gangsta rap is so prominent in the world he comes off as some try hard angsty kid. Lol that damage on his forehead is so early 2000s. I bet he was listening to bullet for my valentine when he got it .

Besides the Nolan Bat films and Wonder Woman... DC films have been getting smashed since Batman Forever. We had our fleeting moment in the sun though, I guess.

Justice League was so crushing that I have virtually no merchandise from it. And that’s weird. I had been waiting for that film since I was a ****ing child.

I like Leto enough that I'd love to see more but with a better director, my only real problem with this is I really don't want to see a villain as a good guy, I'd rather see a Batman film.

I don't think Leto did a good job. There are few...very few tiny moments of brilliance, but overall, he sucked. His voice wasn't consistent, sometimes sounding like Jim Carrey, other times sounding like Nixon, and in one scene he sounded like Leto. His laugh was fine, but repetitive, always the same regardless of his mood. He made animal noises like a cat....wtf?

Most of that above along with the design of the character and how he was used in the story could have been fixed with a better director and good editing. I doubt Leto is going to make any changes to his version of Joker, so good for you guys who like his take on the character.

Sounds more like a director that didn't didn't fully understand a character and let an actor run wild and lose focus.

Considering what WB gave us with Letoker in Suicide Squad and how they've managed to **** up the DC movies thus far*, I have absolute confidence that this movie is going to be...

XhMp.gif

*and yes, that means WW too. It was a mediocre film driven by hype that just seemed better than it actually was because of what came before it.

I don't really believe this will get made anyway. WB is just throwing as many ideas out there as possible to try to get something to stick so they can stop being a joke compared to Marvel. If they'd get their **** together, they'd dominate the box office with the characters and stories they have at their disposal.

For the life of me, I really can't see the appeal of LetoJoker. He's unremarkable on screen and the character design is absolutely obnoxious. He truly looks like one of those generic Joker thugs in the Arkham games that Batman breaks their arm without even looking at the poor shmoe. I just don't get it.

Back