SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All those coming to SD, welcome.

Check out Balboa Park, La Jolla, Coronado, Sea Port village

Yeah this is my first time going and I am most stoked to see the SSC booth. I haven't PO'd anything this year but I know I am going to be in trouble when I see some of the awesome statues that I convinced myself I didn't need in person. :lol

When I saw the SSC Star Wars setup they had last year I nearly died. Be prepared for nothing but amazing.

Well, if youre lucky, you'll bump into Mark Hamill. I think I bumped into him and the guy from Kiss, and Seth Green almost every year.

Well, if youre lucky, you'll bump into Mark Hamill. I think I bumped into him and the guy from Kiss, and Seth Green almost every year.

I feel like I'm the only person who hasnt bumped into a celebrity there haha. I did see Greg Capullo walking down the street though.

I feel like I'm the only person who hasnt bumped into a celebrity there haha. I did see Greg Capullo walking down the street though.

That's pretty good right there. Also, my bro and I bumped into Rosario Dawson just hanging outside the convention but I dont think any one knew who she was except us. We talked to her for a bit and take pics and people were asking us who she was. We just told them shes a nobody.

There are different ways it goes down. The good way is totally cool and you just happen to turn around at the right time and see somebody. Those are fun and random and make the show that much more exciting.

Then, there's the bad way it happens. This is when some self indulgent celebrity decides that it would be "fun" for them to walk the floor, except they need to have their entourage with them, and their security. So they start blocking off all these aisles and areas so Mr/Mrs. famous can not be disturbed by us commoners. The CCI staff is more than accommodating and have no problem with caging a huge amount of people off from the floor. It's miserable. That's when you really hate their guts for causing a massive amount of confusion and chaos on the floor. Why don't these people just go to the show before it's open to the public if they want to walk around and see something? If they think they're getting the whole Con experience by blocking out the crowds and having it catered to them, then they're just in faking it. This happens a lot as well when casts for shows are getting on and off the floor for signings and stuff, but at least that disruption is usually minimized and they seem to just want to get in and out without causing as much chaos.

There is also the problem with crowds stopping to take pics of whoever from the aisles. This also creates gridlock, although last year the always polite, sensible and courteous CCI staff were very good with herding the cattle along. But, you know, can't really help it.

It's much different if you are in a signing group or win a raffle or whatever and it's a lot more one on one. This is just about floor encounters.

My wife and I saw Donald Faison (Turk from Scrubs) at a restaurant...we were big fans of the show, so that was cool. We also saw Maebe from Arrested Development at a coffee shop, and the entire cast of the Fringe was on the same plane as us on the way home...including that creepy dude from LOTR...Boromir and Faramir's dad...can't remember the dude's name right now. I know, not huge celebs, but they are all well known to us!

Nothing beats seeing Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at my local Safeway...they were filming parts of the Assassination of Jesse James in my home town (Spruce Grove)...wasn't expecting that when I went in to buy some milk!

Last edited:
My wife and I saw Donald Faison (Turk from Scrubs) at a restaurant...we were big fans of the show, so that was cool. We also saw Maebe from Arrested Development at a coffee shop, and the entire cast of the Fringe was on the same plane as us on the way home...including that creepy dude from LOTR...Boromir and Faramir's dad...can't remember the dude's name right now. I know, not huge celebs, but they are all well known to us!

Nothing beats seeing Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at my local Safeway...they were filming parts of the Assassination of Jesse James in my home town (Spruce Grove)...wasn't expecting that when I went in to buy some milk!

Seeing a celebrity at Safeway is a lot cooler and unexpected than at SDCC. At SDCC you see so many by the time the weekend is over (more in panels than anywhere else) by the time Sunday comes along you'd have to see the President or George Lucas to really get you to raise an eyebrow :lol

That's cool. I see people I've either worked with or studied in classes with in shows or commercials a lot. As far as seeing people in grocery stores, I ran into a guy yesterday that looked exactly like Mike Rowe? from Dirty Jobs. Surprised by how skinny he looked.

Anyone trying to get a hotel through comic-con tomorrow? Do we have to log in with our member ID? First time this year, want to make sure I have everything correct.

Back