SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided a couple of years ago that if I want an exclusive toy, I'd rather spend $20 - $50 more on it later than spend 4 hours at SDCC (or more) trying to get it. I missed out on being in Hall H on Saturday for IM3, MoS, Hobbit, etc because I chose to wait in line for a couple of toys from Hasbro that we found out were already sold out (after being in line for 3 hours).

I could really do without the smartass updates. I expect to see days closing out in the next 10-15 mins or so. :/

Never buy Hasbro toys during SDCC :lecture

Right...funny thing was, one of the items I wanted was the helicarrier. So I waited in line 3 hours Saturday morning, missed out on Hall H (after waiting in line 6 hours to get in, with the line not moving once). Then walked back in to the Hasbro booth to get my helicarrier. Handed them my ticket that I waited 3 hours for, and they said "Oh we have plenty of those left, you didn't need a ticket".

Never again.

Got Friday/Saturday tickets. Really all I was going for with our first baby due in May. I'm just going to hope that everything goes well enough for me to actually make it.

Right...funny thing was, one of the items I wanted was the helicarrier. So I waited in line 3 hours Saturday morning, missed out on Hall H (after waiting in line 6 hours to get in, with the line not moving once). Then walked back in to the Hasbro booth to get my helicarrier. Handed them my ticket that I waited 3 hours for, and they said "Oh we have plenty of those left, you didn't need a ticket".

Never again.

If it's any consolation you would have had to been in line earlier then 4:30am to get into Hall H on saturday last year. We got in line at 4:50am and made it all then way to the final chute before the Hall was full. The line never moved again.

Finally. Thank god that's over and at least I only have one badge to pick up. I guess I'll just do all the "outside the hall" stuff on wed. Most of the artists I like are keeping sketch lists open through thurs morning, but I'll have to get that sorted out. I only get 1 or 2 exclusive things anyway, that's not important to me. But freeing up as much time as possible so I can get to panels and stuff is. I spend most of my budget on art and it's great to get all that set up early and pick up on Sunday. I'll just see how it goes and plan plan plan.

Last year wasn't a problem, I was there early enough and we were in Hall H all day on Thurs/Fri/Sat. This was 2 years ago. I got in line at 8:00, we got about 50 people from the front of the line. We sat there until about 2:30 and didn't move the whole time, finally gave up and went in to the exhibit hall. Complete day wasted.

Phew, finally.....Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun tickets bought. What a relief.

Saturday inventory is running low.

Remember there is another chance to buy later with the general public.

Phew, finally.....Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun tickets bought. What a relief.

Saturday inventory is running low.

Remember there is another chance to buy later with the general public.

Congrats.

Friday and Sat running low.

Sat gone. Less than 1.5 hours. Surprised it took even that long.

Friday too.

Got my 4 day pass. Just need to get a previews night pass and I'm good.

Off to work. GL to the others waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Badges will go on sale to the general public sometime in spring 2014) anyone know an approximate date for people who have never been to comic con??? I need help :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Badges will go on sale to the general public sometime in spring 2014) anyone know an approximate date for people who have never been to comic con??? I need help :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's really no telling w/CCI. I would guess about a month from now

There's really no telling w/CCI. I would guess about a month from now

Seriously, when did they announce prereg? Last wednesday or something. It was supposed to be last October or something.

Under 2 hours, thurs, fri and sat gone. Unbelievable.

Back