1/6 SDCC '19 Reveals Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the reveal of Robin will mean they are going to do atleast Batman, maybe The Riddler or Two Face. 25th Anniversary of Batman Forever coming up, so it does make sense. They won't just release Robin.

It’s odd that they lead off with Robin. I know how much Hot Toys loves their Batmen.

Even stranger that they never released at least Catwoman from Returns. I could see that one being a big seller. And from a much better film.

It’s odd that they lead off with Robin. I know how much Hot Toys loves their Batmen.

Even stranger that they never released at least Catwoman from Returns. I could see that one being a big seller. And from a much better film.

Ive said many times. All in due time. They will get made eventually. They been incredibly busy the past few years with Marvel and their huge lineups as well as Star Wars. Now that Marvel has a little break maybe they will have time to hit more DC lines. Wonder Woman 84 and Joker will be made I am sure, plus the next round of Suicide Squad. TDK Trilogy they will always keep alive with something.

Returns stuff...All in due time. They can't make everything at once :)

Ive said many times. All in due time. They will get made eventually. They been incredibly busy the past few years with Marvel and their huge lineups as well as Star Wars. Now that Marvel has a little break maybe they will have time to hit more DC lines. Wonder Woman 84 and Joker will be made I am sure, plus the next round of Suicide Squad. TDK Trilogy they will always keep alive with something.

Returns stuff...All in due time. They can't make everything at once :)

In due time? Isn't it about seven years since they first teased a Returns Catwoman and still nothing but all of a sudden they are moving onto Batman Forever and a TV show Flash! I'll likely be dead or at least senile before they release her at this rate!

For any Mondo Batman fans:

IMG_6053__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_6055__scaled_800.jpg

There's always another Marvel movie coming out. There's always another Star Wars movie coming out. That will be true for the next decade. If Hot Toys wanted to make other figures, they could easily bring more sculptors in-house. There are plenty of more talented people where the current batch came from.

Shocked that they're doing a Nurse Joker - but dismayed that it's not a figure.

I don't think it's rocket science. DC's been playing catch up and has made some strides with stuff like Aquaman, but the franchise still isn't as popular as Marvel right now, so one obviously takes priority over the other.

Maybe if the next few films are big hits that'll light a fire under hot toys.

In due time? Isn't it about seven years since they first teased a Returns Catwoman and still nothing but all of a sudden they are moving onto Batman Forever and a TV show Flash! I'll likely be dead or at least senile before they release her at this rate!

again, Marvel and Star Wars been clearly the focus for a while with their huge lineups and now that Marvel is on break DC probably gets some love. There are many reasons they havnt done them yet but i’m not into toy conspiracy theories. years ago people complained too many Batmen with TDK, 89, 66 etc and Marvel people wanted more of their characters and they got them. the stuff goes in cycles.

will u die if they never make them? no. you will be fine. or maybe u won’t? hopefully u will be just fine.

I took a quick shot of Robin, I’ll be taking better photos throughout the weekend on @dontbegaunted

67126064_470687150389484_926489078018557898_n.jpg

No mention of the Mezco five points figures?

I think their '66 Batman put all the others at that scale to shame.

But the Fleischer Superman figure is absolutely lovely. I don't usually collect "small" figures anymore but I might have to pick it up.

No mention of the Mezco five points figures?

I think their '66 Batman put all the others at that scale to shame.

But the Fleischer Superman figure is absolutely lovely. I don't usually collect "small" figures anymore but I might have to pick it up.

Those caught my eye, as well. It’s one of those properties that I never see anything done with. I think the last time anyone did anything with it was when DC Direct made those maquettes years ago. The Batman ‘66 stuff is really cool, but I don’t know that it’s that different from what Funko did with their pretty extensive line a few years ago. The Superman stuff, though? That was awesome.

I seriously don't understand what made Hot Toys think this version of Robin is what the fans were starving for....
Rather than Returns Catwoman or Penguin, Nolan Ra's Al Ghul or updated Scarecrow
Hell if you want to do a Batman Forever figure do Jim Carrey's The Riddler !!
But this ......

Its a start, this is bait enough to see if we buy enough for them to focus on the bigger one, if they ever decide to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back