SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is if he intended to send me a counterfeit he would have done so already . It's still on pre-order and he says he'll send it when it's released. Maybe he's stalling until the 180 day refund period is passed but he is replying to messages at least.

Is the 40th Anniversary Boba Fett ESB released already? I haven't checked the specific thread for it yet.

It's still listed as pre-order on Sideshow... which you can order him from, and pay in instalments, and have the peace of mind knowing you're going to get a legitimate figure from a company with excellent customer service rather than some rando in China who is already breaking eBay's TOS just by listing a pre-order that's longer than 30 days.

He's replying to your messages now, but you're SOL once those 180 days are up. And even if it does ship, and by some miracle it's not a bootleg, what happens if you receive your figure and there's something broken with it? I've had to exchange figures through Sideshow twice, and both times they paid for international return shipping.

I just think that when it comes to eBay prices, when something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

the following ebay sellers have the unique vat tax number GB331609031 so they are all one company ; sc_store9999 sc_store999 cxy2019sc9991589 lwstore lwstore2013 red_star2013 red_star201349 TOTOTOYS2015 springwindblowing sunnymayhair starshop*2012 mny19-53i . my thinking is that low value items are supplied to keep feedbacks moving & also overpriced in stock items ( venompool for ?437 ) but pre-orders of statues /hot toys will not be supplied ( war machine 6 is still on their sites with delivery in june despite being released so long ago these dates keep moving back ) also i do not see feedback for hot toys figures anywhere.

Ah that actually makes some sense now as to why one of them might reply but not the other.
I see a seller on there that did reply to me concerning a pre-sale recently, guess they didn't feel like replying twice on the same item. lol
Still not taking another chance waiting on a pre-sale item, especially now that I know all those sellers are the same person(s).
Another thing I found which really surprised me, was that red_star2013 has apparently blocked me from making offers on their items. Even though I accepted their counter offers about 98% of the time. And I've never left negative feedback. Not sure whats going on there. :S
But who knows, maybe they're just crazy swamped and figure they'll send out those orders whenever they have the time? Probably wishful thinking...

the following ebay sellers have the unique vat tax number GB331609031 so they are all one company ; sc_store9999 sc_store999 cxy2019sc9991589 lwstore lwstore2013 red_star2013 red_star201349 TOTOTOYS2015 springwindblowing sunnymayhair starshop*2012 mny19-53i . my thinking is that low value items are supplied to keep feedbacks moving & also overpriced in stock items ( venompool for ?437 ) but pre-orders of statues /hot toys will not be supplied ( war machine 6 is still on their sites with delivery in june despite being released so long ago these dates keep moving back ) also i do not see feedback for hot toys figures anywhere.

Thank you for sharing this info. I won an auction on Ebay from "lwstore2013" that had a "1st Quarter 2021" shipping time-frame. Since we are currently in 2nd Quarter 2021, I've asked for an immediate refund. If I don't hear from them in a day or two, I'll request a refund via Paypal.

Lol nice! There's honestly for ya! [emoji38]
b179fb4535b3886c78098594400fe98e.jpg
9e84085c3f38a4de636f2d26a07743d9.jpg

Also, hope you don't mind, but I shared this on another collector forum as well.

xiangwyan_0 another account sharing the same vat number with no hot toys or larger costly items sent out.

Well, it appears that "lwstore2013" came through with the refund. Paypal shows the refund under "recent activity", although the money hasn't hit my account yet. I believe that it may take a couple of days.

In the meantime, I was able to obtain the same figure for $30 bucks less from another seller. Things worked out well for me, in the end. (fortunately...)

Please Watch out for the guy named WhisperCloud on this forum, he also goes by Neonfeniks.4835, he uses random PayPal address to mess with People. He was caught doing this on Discord.

Hi for what its worth i can confirm that the following ebay users all share the same unique vat tax number GB 331609031 so even using different ebay/paypal/personal names they are all one company ; sc_store9999 sc_store999 cxy2019sc9991589 lwstore lwstore2013 red_star2013 red_star201349 TOTOTOYS2015 i also notice the following names appear elsewhere so if you are making a payment to any of these look to see who the money is going to zhanghong nanyangshin nuoyawan glu tiantingwan shufucang . ebay are admant about there 30 day pre-order rule so feel free to report all the ''will arrive in 2 years'' listings ; paypal are not interested after 160 days & credit card companies may not help if they consider a third party was involved in the transaction ( like paypal & maybe goingtopay ) i am sure someone out there can add usefully to this information or suggestanother way to recover money lost.
Hmm... I had same thing happen (again - I only solved a previous order) with a listing that was a pre-order but didn't say it was. This is for a 1/4 scale body. It was from lwstore2013 (didn't notice this post linking that name to the others.)

The guy DID respond to messages. It supposedly shipped about four days ago but in the eBay tracker it says it will arrive Aug 23! It's also a really weird tracking number starting with "UG" which I've never seen before.

I will update to say if it arrives or not. May have to do the chargeback on this one too, though on this one my Paypal buyer protection is still in effect.

Hmm... I had same thing happen (again - I only solved a previous order) with a listing that was a pre-order but didn't say it was. This is for a 1/4 scale body. It was from lwstore2013 (didn't notice this post linking that name to the others.)

The guy DID respond to messages. It supposedly shipped about four days ago but in the eBay tracker it says it will arrive Aug 23! It's also a really weird tracking number starting with "UG" which I've never seen before.

I will update to say if it arrives or not. May have to do the chargeback on this one too, though on this one my Paypal buyer protection is still in effect.
That’s what happened to me. They made some BS up about them having to give it a shipping code for their system. It’s all a delaying tactic, so that by the time you realise it’s a scam, it’s not only too late to claim from eBay or PayPal, but it’ll also be too late to leave negative feedback. Now unfortunately because they have supplied a tracking code, eBay will not get involved or PayPal for that matter. It’s a scammers loop hole that they still seem to be able to use and abuse. Good luck, I hope you can come out of this unscathed... somehow.

I've previously used some of the eBay sellers mentioned here without trouble - usually for low value, in stock, 1/6 scale accessories or 1/18 factory reject figures for parts etc. In January, I ordered a 1/18 Joytoy figure from sc_store9999 - they immediately asked if I was OK with it being a pre-order. The listing only mentioned it in the small print, it wasn't in the header (I think that should be a requirement) but I said OK. What with Covid and people parking sideways in the Suez Canal I've been ultra-patient but, in May, I noticed the listing was no longer 'pre-order' and was now 'in-stock', so I queried why I hadn't had a dispatch confirmation. I got this reply:

Hi,friend
Thanks for your patience and kind letter. Please be assured, everything is well about your order. I have contact the supplier again to step up production and keep close contact with him, he has already put your order first, Your order is about to enter the final production stage,
once I receive it ,I will ship to you immediately, is it okay ?
Best regards :)

I heard nothing else and it's getting close to 6 months (and the end of PayPal buyer protection) so I've just asked again. I got this today:

Hi,please no worries
The supplier is in the final inspection stage. After he has ensured that the product is in good condition without any defects, he will send it to me immediately, once I receive it ,I will ship to you immediately, is it okay ?

I mean, does that sound like a delaying tactic or what? I've also noticed that they no longer have any listings. I suspect they're about to quit and are trying to take in as much cash as possible before they go, stringing people along until they're past any eBay or PayPal protection deadlines. Those deadlines should be a set time after the projected delivery date, not the date of the transaction. That would make a lot more sense, especially for pre-orders.

I've previously used some of the eBay sellers mentioned here without trouble - usually for low value, in stock, 1/6 scale accessories or 1/18 factory reject figures for parts etc. In January, I ordered a 1/18 Joytoy figure from sc_store9999 - they immediately asked if I was OK with it being a pre-order. The listing only mentioned it in the small print, it wasn't in the header (I think that should be a requirement) but I said OK. What with Covid and people parking sideways in the Suez Canal I've been ultra-patient but, in May, I noticed the listing was no longer 'pre-order' and was now 'in-stock', so I queried why I hadn't had a dispatch confirmation. I got this reply:

Hi,friend
Thanks for your patience and kind letter. Please be assured, everything is well about your order. I have contact the supplier again to step up production and keep close contact with him, he has already put your order first, Your order is about to enter the final production stage,

I heard nothing else and it's getting close to 6 months (and the end of PayPal buyer protection) so I've just asked again. I got this today:

Hi,please no worries
The supplier is in the final inspection stage. After he has ensured that the product is in good condition without any defects, he will send it to me immediately, once I receive it ,I will ship to you immediately, is it okay ?

I mean, does that sound like a delaying tactic or what? I've also noticed that they no longer have any listings. I suspect they're about to quit and are trying to take in as much cash as possible before they go, stringing people along until they're past any eBay or PayPal protection deadlines. Those deadlines should be a set time after the projected delivery date, not the date of the transaction. That would make a lot more sense, especially for pre-orders.
These were verbatim the exact replies I recieved. Id gotten to the point where I’d had enough of their lies, so I went through paypal and just got my money back.

I had made a purchase from Tototoys2015 for one of the bootleg EP3 Anakin sets not knowing it was Pre-order and before this thread was a thing. I got those same responses as @Greebles when I asked where the heck my item was as it was originally supposed to ship out in Q2. I’ve got PayPal involved, so just waiting to hopefully get my money back as well.

on a side note, if anyone knows a real and reliable seller for the bootleg Anakin set I can purchase from, that would be great!

Hi,friend

Hi,please no worries

Issue a refund immediately if you still can. He is stalling, waiting until your buyer protection wore off, and then he will ignore you entirely. My own experience with this seller. I had to issue a chargeback and wait months for the card company to close the case in my favor. Also never ever preorder on eBay. Learn from other people mistake ;)

Issue a refund immediately if you still can. He is stalling, waiting until your buyer protection wore off, and then he will ignore you entirely. My own experience with this seller. I had to issue a chargeback and wait months for the card company to close the case in my favor. Also never ever preorder on eBay. Learn from other people mistake ;)
Yup. These are 100% scams. The way it works:

1. Seller develops up some track record selling, even in very large volumes, mostly low-cost items.
2. Seller creates many, many dozens of listings for higher priced items (always more than US$35, up to well over $100 or hundreds) that are shown as in-stock but aren't.
3. Those many dozens of listings can yield thousands of dollars each listing (the listing I bought alone had 31 buyers at US$130+ each - so over US$4,000 from ONE listing!)
4. After people place order, you receive apologetic message that says "sorry friend, item not in stock, but will ship soon." If pressed, they will say it ships in around a month.
5. As months roll by, they will continue to state it will ship in "a few weeks," often mentioning being in recent touch with supplier. These messages are all cut/paste, sent depending on how long since your order was placed.
6. If you begin to press them too much, they will (without any message to say they did it) ship a TRACKED (that's key) small envelope usually with a photocopied letter explaining "policies" and a self made, worthless bogus "VIP discount card."

Outcomes:

People who receive this TRACKED envelope will get a "item received" status on the item in their account (so delivered from EBay's perspective), and will be cut off from any further communication from seller.

People who simply wait will pass the Paypal buyer protection cutoff of six months, and seller will then claim (which is true) he can't process a refund because paypal won't let him due to past 6 months. So he keeps the money, and will continue to say wait, it will ship soon.

I'm now moving away from eBay buying. I checked in with the seller who I had this happen with a year ago (i got a chargeback refund on that one) Unaware I had gotten a refund, he was still, even after a full year since the order, trying to say the item would ship soon.

Yup. These are 100% scams. The way it works:

1. Seller develops up some track record selling, even in very large volumes, mostly low-cost items.
2. Seller creates many, many dozens of listings for higher priced items (always more than US$35, up to well over $100 or hundreds) that are shown as in-stock but aren't.
3. Those many dozens of listings can yield thousands of dollars each listing (the listing I bought alone had 31 buyers at US$130+ each - so over US$4,000 from ONE listing!)
4. After people place order, you receive apologetic message that says "sorry friend, item not in stock, but will ship soon." If pressed, they will say it ships in around a month.
5. As months roll by, they will continue to state it will ship in "a few weeks," often mentioning being in recent touch with supplier. These messages are all cut/paste, sent depending on how long since your order was placed.
6. If you begin to press them too much, they will (without any message to say they did it) ship a TRACKED (that's key) small envelope usually with a photocopied letter explaining "policies" and a self made, worthless bogus "VIP discount card."

Outcomes:

People who receive this TRACKED envelope will get a "item received" status on the item in their account (so delivered from EBay's perspective), and will be cut off from any further communication from seller.

People who simply wait will pass the Paypal buyer protection cutoff of six months, and seller will then claim (which is true) he can't process a refund because paypal won't let him due to past 6 months. So he keeps the money, and will continue to say wait, it will ship soon.

I'm now moving away from eBay buying. I checked in with the seller who I had this happen with a year ago (i got a chargeback refund on that one) Unaware I had gotten a refund, he was still, even after a full year since the order, trying to say the item would ship soon.
And eBay doesn’t seem to do anything to enforce their own policies, as long as they get their cut they don’t give a ****.

eBay have been slowly but surely moving away from Paypal too, you can’t even get paid via Paypal anymore, I’d imagine sometime in the not so distant future you probably wont be able to use it for purchasing either.

As noted, some of those stores are all the same group. I've bought lots of accessories from all of them (all of him?) with no trouble. The only preorder I did was Teenage Hermione from lwstore. It took forever, (the figure was seriously delayed) well past any refund window, but they delivered with no problem. I just stayed in touch with them and they stayed in touch with me. I personally have no trouble ordering from any of their group of stores. I will say that I wouldn't preorder a full figure, just to be safe, but I have preordered accessories and heads before and they've always come through. That's just been my experience.

Well good news for me, I was able to get a refund through paypal. I was a little worried too much time had passed by so pretty happy to get the money back. I guess I'll have to pony up real money if I want an ROTS Anakin then :monkey2

Back