Ebay Scam Accounts Hong Kong/China

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venzarr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure how this will go down with the community because I feel like it is morally wrong but I feel like these scammers need a taste of their own medicine

Basically I purchased two figures on ebay from two different accounts

One of them arrived but the other one was apparently shipped and then two weeks later they messaged back saying the figure is still in production and they have messaged the manufacturer for updates (even though the figure is discontinued)

I straight away said I am not falling for this scam again and asked for a refund, eventually they gave me one but whats weird is I received a refund on the other listing of the figure I received (£10 less unfortunately)

So all of these scam accounts must be connected

I honestly feel like when the other figure doesn’t show up, I will contact ebay and get a refund on this listing as well. I honestly do feel bad about doing this but these scammers really need to be shown a lesson because people who are misinformed are going to keep falling for these lies of ‘please wait longer we are contacting the manufacturer’ until its too late

What are peoples thoughts on this? Just needed to let off some steam

Unfortunately the scammers (and real sellers who use dodgy tactics when things aren't going as planned) all swarmed to Ebay particularly after pandemic started. Only way to be sure is to buy local now (or from trusted retailers). Buying from asian sellers on ebay is a minefield now.

Some of them give fake tracking for items not yet shipped to get around ebays rules on pre-orders so figures sometimes do eventually show up but this is shady business practice and there is a fine line between that and outright scam so best not take the risk at all.

If you can get your money back do so, then never buy from them or their stores by other names again. Only way to protect yourself really as I think they are here to stay sadly (too many naive people keep buying)

Back