SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! thank you for taking the time to post your post on these sellers. I also have pre-orders from them. I would like to know if you have received your orders since the time. because I'm worried too :( thank you in advance for your answer it's very important for me to know

Hi Fellow freaks,

I thought I would name and shame these Fraudulent sellers on eBay. I pre ordered The Hot Toys Mandalorian remnant Stormtrooper from an eBay seller known as "red_star2013" and also pre ordered the Hot Toys Madalorian figure from " sc store9999 " Both sellers sent shipping information to me back in January, which was very odd as we all know this is impossible as the figures were never released at that time. I contacted ebay regarding this issue at the time, as I tried to contact both sellers and had no response. eBay managed to contact the sellers who then got back to me to say that the shipping information they sent me was " just an order code " that they give out prior to the figures release. I gave them the benefit of doubt, but now after chasing "red_star2013" for the Hot toys Mandalorian Stormtrooper shipping date, I have had no response and further more because of the purchase date for both the figures, eBay and paypal have washed there hands of both transactions, as they are too old for them to get involved with. So it looks as though I've been scammed for ?400 Gutted as this has never happened to me on a pre order from eBay before. If you check there feedback it looks as though they has done the same to several other buyers. I checked their feedback prior to purchase and they were 100% at the time so I thought I was in safe hands. Please share these seller names on any other collector forums so that these scammers get a bad rep and others don't get caught out like I have. Does anyone know if there are any other avenues I could explore to getting my money back? any advise would be much appreciated :)

So what ever happened with this? Did you receive the figure... or lose your money?

Yeah, not to echo what many have already said, but I would only order a figure on eBay from an overseas seller if it was "in stock" and "ready to ship"... no pre-orders for just this reason. If it's more than 90 days?, I think PayPal and ebay wash their hands and are no help in getting a refund.

I usually go one step further and start an ebay claim right before 30 days, if I'm suspicious of a seller. You can always cancel the claim if the item magically shows up. I had to do this a few times to protect myself.

I feel like sc store9999 is hit or miss. I have ordered things in the past and they arrived fine but recently ordered something that wasnt fine. They pretty much just offer partial refunds.

I see this issue was a long time ago but if your PayPal is linked to a credit card you might be able to file a claim with your credit card company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, not to echo what many have already said, but I would only order a figure on eBay from an overseas seller if it was "in stock" and "ready to ship"... no pre-orders for just this reason. If it's more than 90 days?, I think PayPal and ebay wash their hands and are no help in getting a refund.

I usually go one step further and start an ebay claim right before 30 days, if I'm suspicious of a seller. You can always cancel the claim if the item magically shows up. I had to do this a few times to protect myself.

Yeah, I recently went through that with a lower priced body (around $40 incl shipping) where the seller kept moving the ship date (from 3rd Q2020 to 1st Q 2021, to 2nd Q 2021) and suddenly you're past that paypal dispute cut-off and the seller can't even refund your payment even if they want to.

Your only option then is to do the chargeback on the credit card, which takes about 1 1/2 months to go through.

In-stock is definitely the only way to go - though in this case, there was no way to tell this ebay listing was in fact a pre-sale, not an in-stock item. That only became clear once I had placed the BIN order and the seller said "it'll be in stock in about 8 weeks, so just hang in there" - cut to 4-5 months later and it was still "coming soon, hang tight". That's when I did the chargeback.

The claim placed 30 days out is a really good idea - I marked the cut-off date on the calendar, but you have to watch the "6 months" versus "180 days" - they are NOT the same thing to paypal. And paypal is like a faceless underground bunker when dealing with this kind of stuff -really not fun to deal with.

Well I guess I?ll be finding out if I get scammed or not :slap Wish I saw this thread before. I ordered a body in January that weeks later was told the manufacturers were delayed due to holidays and delivery has pushed from March to April. Sc Store has been fine with communications - updates and responding - so hopefully they stay true to their word. I?ll update if/when the body arrives.

I took a chance and ordered the TOYS ERA DOC OCK from sc_store9999 on eBay back in November. I finally got it at the end of January. Nerve-wracking purchase, but the seller came through.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I have some experience too. I preorder Krennic last year in August from sc_store9999. Long story short, they never fulfill the order, they just repeat to me "be patient" to the point where I lost my ebay buyer protection (yeah, I kind of lost track of time). After that, they refused a refund several times and then shut the communication entirely. It was December when I had to use chargeback for the first time of my life. After another three months bank finally closed the case in my favor and I got my money back. The only thing which bugs me is I never had a chance to leave them a juicy negative rating they deserve.

The only thing which bugs me is I never had a chance to leave them a juicy negative rating they deserve.

That is why these types of scammers do it the way they do -- they may loose the money here and there, but their reputation remains untainted. And when their score does get low enough, they change IDs. I have seen sc_store99, sc_store999 and sc_store9999.

That said, I have bought for them a couple times, small items, and they have delivered no problem. I imagine the small items are delivered to help maintain their score credibility.

Hi for what its worth i can confirm that the following ebay users all share the same unique vat tax number GB 331609031 so even using different ebay/paypal/personal names they are all one company ; sc_store9999 sc_store999 cxy2019sc9991589 lwstore lwstore2013 red_star2013 red_star201349 TOTOTOYS2015 i also notice the following names appear elsewhere so if you are making a payment to any of these look to see who the money is going to zhanghong nanyangshin nuoyawan glu tiantingwan shufucang . ebay are admant about there 30 day pre-order rule so feel free to report all the ''will arrive in 2 years'' listings ; paypal are not interested after 160 days & credit card companies may not help if they consider a third party was involved in the transaction ( like paypal & maybe goingtopay ) i am sure someone out there can add usefully to this information or suggestanother way to recover money lost.

Hi for what its worth i can confirm that the following ebay users all share the same unique vat tax number GB 331609031 so even using different ebay/paypal/personal names they are all one company ; sc_store9999 sc_store999 cxy2019sc9991589 lwstore lwstore2013 red_star2013 red_star201349 TOTOTOYS2015 i also notice the following names appear elsewhere so if you are making a payment to any of these look to see who the money is going to zhanghong nanyangshin nuoyawan glu tiantingwan shufucang . ebay are admant about there 30 day pre-order rule so feel free to report all the ''will arrive in 2 years'' listings ; paypal are not interested after 160 days & credit card companies may not help if they consider a third party was involved in the transaction ( like paypal & maybe goingtopay ) i am sure someone out there can add usefully to this information or suggestanother way to recover money lost.

Very interesting. Thank you.

Ive ordered stuff from most of these accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm that sc store9999 is a scammer. Similar experience as Futurion and others above. I ordered the Mark VII diecast but never received it. The seller never responded to any of my messages. never shipped the product and basically ghosted me... and ebay was of no help when I reported.

& another one same verified vat number sunnymayhair i have had several small items from him sc toto so its just the big stuff & pre-orders they appear to not send.

A while back I bought a Pop Toys Xing body from sc store9999 because it was showing in stock.

Then they emailed to apologise that it wasn't in stock and they didn't know when it would be. However, they advised it would be better to keep my order because the price would be rising with the new stock.

I waited since I'd dealt with them before and had good transactions. But the time dragged on, and I think it was a couple of months later when I asked them for an update. Still no change, so I got a refund.

Several months after that I received a Pop Toys Xing figure out of the blue, but the package had no indication of where it had come from. It'd been so long since I initially ordered the body I was totally confused. Who was sending me freebies?

I can only surmise that sc store999 messed up and hadn't cancelled my order after doing the refund.

I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered Boba Fett ESB back in December for 400$ from a seller called red_star1689 and I haven't got it yet. I trusted ebay because he had 99% positive feedback and has been a seller since 2006 and all the feedback seemed like real buyers.

Ebay has even removed the listing and item page in my purchase history. It's like the item does not exist anymore, and I read one of the reasons they might remove a listing is when it violates ebay policy (not good). I can't even give feedback or start a claim. I can still view the transaction record but that's it. I can only contact the seller through generic messages but not from the removed item page.

He did reply to a message a month ago and I just messaged him a few days ago and waiting for a reply . I dunno, maybe I'll get it eventually but there's nothing I can do and I feel like a sitting duck.The only thing that gives me hope is that his ebay store hasn't disappeared in the past 4 months and he doesn't look like a "fake" seller.

I notice this is not the same redstar as the thread title. anyone has experience with mine?

https://www.ebay.ca/usr/red_star1689

Back