SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son of a!!

I bought my Limtoys Connor figure from 'springwindblowing', well, not likely ever to see that now! It's over a year ago now, so, I'm guessing I can kiss that goodbye. Dammit!!

EDIT

Just looked on eBay and the ONLY sellers listing the Limtoys Connor are the scammer! Yep, no chance of me getting another. Just grand!
But its good you mentioned it here so now we know another range they are not sending out its all useful info.

Record yourself opening the package when it arrives, or if it arrives.
The funny thing is. Seller messages me and say that tracking code is auto-generated if there is any queries about a pre-order that has not shipped. So he admits to generating bogus shipping code once anyone questions him. And the scary thing is Ebay informs me that the item I bought is supposed to reach me on 3rd September. So the tracking code is considered legit on Ebay's point and I will only be able to raise a case when the item does not reach me after 3rd September. Talk about understanding all the loop holes and making a killing.

If I ever get anything in the mail from the seller, I am recording the opening with 3 cameras just to prove that I got the right item.

I had a positive resolution of my case - all money returned. :yess:

Warnings for everyone:

1. Large amounts of positive feedback is meaningless - most of these scammers have/exploit this.
2. If you buy what appears to be in-stock but are then told it's pre-order - this alone is violation of ebay rules - you are being scammed. If you pre-order on eBay you are crazy.
3. Leave negative feedback before the 60 days from ORDER DATE (not delivery date) is over. It helps others and hurts the scammer - every neg helps.
4. If they send you anything PHOTOGRAPH everything, especially envelope ensuring TRACKING NUMBER is visible.
5. Don't buy anything on eBay for over the amount you're willing to lose - for some that's $200, others $100, for me it's $50 from now on.

Good luck to everyone.

What was the timeframe? I'm figuring it may be too late for me to even open a case.

You can still contact your bank with a description of the situation, screenshots of communication etc., with a request to issue a chargeback. Depends on the rules in your country. In mine, we have 13 months from the transaction.

What was the timeframe? I'm figuring it may be too late for me to even open a case.

You can still contact your bank with a description of the situation, screenshots of communication etc., with a request to issue a chargeback. Depends on the rules in your country. In mine, we have 13 months from the transaction.
Yeah, I was surprised to learn that some credit card companies are a year or so to appeal any charge, but it does depend on the jurisdiction.

So get on it NOW if you want your money back.

My situation was different as I got previously scammed last year under somewhat different circumstances - in that case, nothing was ever sent, even though the timeframe was close to the six month paypal cutoff.

In this case, the timeframe was shorter (I started the chargeback maybe 5 weeks after the purchase date) but the guy actually sent something bogus just to generate a tracking number than had the b*lls to try to use that tracking to "prove" he sent me the purchased item.

What's creepy about these new scammers is they will remain cheerily in contact with you forever, continuing to make out like it's all a mistake and the item will arrive soon and paypal refunds aren't working right now etc etc

If you pay using a credit card over a £100 in the UK at least you can use the section 75 rule which makes your credit card liable for the amount lost ( since they paid the vendor before you paid the card bill ) & possibly some expenses on top , there is no time limit on this but its generally limited to 6 years & of course they will want full details & proofs . so dont give up too easily.

It was a debit card and the transaction was over a a year ago now. Had I not chanced on this thread I would still have been none the wiser.

I had a positive resolution of my case - all money returned. :yess:

Warnings for everyone:

1. Large amounts of positive feedback is meaningless - most of these scammers have/exploit this.
2. If you buy what appears to be in-stock but are then told it's pre-order - this alone is violation of ebay rules - you are being scammed. If you pre-order on eBay you are crazy.
3. Leave negative feedback before the 60 days from ORDER DATE (not delivery date) is over. It helps others and hurts the scammer - every neg helps.
4. If they send you anything PHOTOGRAPH everything, especially envelope ensuring TRACKING NUMBER is visible.
5. Don't buy anything on eBay for over the amount you're willing to lose - for some that's $200, others $100, for me it's $50 from now on.

Good luck to everyone.
I had something similar happen a year ago or so where I ordered HT Kylo that was in stock. Never shipped and they said they were waiting. I opened a case and they offered me a different HT instead because “they sold my figure to someone else”. I refused and got my money back. At least they didn’t try shipping something fake instead. So I agree if they do not have the item and it says in stock or nothing indicating a preorder open a case immediately.

Update on the issue. Seller is polite as ever. He claims the item is still on pre-order and that the tracking code is auto generated. The thing is these scammers have found an equally shoddy courier company called Ya Wen to work with. What they do is generate fake tracking code and it will stop tracking soon just so to wait out the period that they specify is the intended waiting period. So all I can do is to wait till the date of delivery before Ebay is willing to do anything. Paypal says there is nothing they can do as the seller is not flagged in Ebay's system. Very smart people. I intend to find out more about Chinese Police and see if they have a fraud department that targets people running a con on the internet. At least I have the PAYPAL account. That should provide some starting point if I report a case.

Seems like his sc_store9999 account has been on fire lately (this is about 1/3 of his recent neg feedback,) and nice to see he varies what worthless junk he sends you in the dreaded tiny bubble envelope with TRACKING, if he sends you anything at all...

WzPkpXF.png

Annoying how they still try to fish you in with fake apologies. The trouble I found with a lot of these figures was that, by the time I'd heard about them, the pre-order period at all the legit stores had already passed. KG Hobby and OneSixthKit do sometimes have a couple of spare units and they put them on FB as soon as that's the case. I'd imagine you have to be quick though and jump as soon as you see the post.

Annoying how they still try to fish you in with fake apologies. The trouble I found with a lot of these figures was that, by the time I'd heard about them, the pre-order period at all the legit stores had already passed. KG Hobby and OneSixthKit do sometimes have a couple of spare units and they put them on FB as soon as that's the case. I'd imagine you have to be quick though and jump as soon as you see the post.
Hi ,i realise now that preordering is rarely needed ie tony team suit preorder £210+ in the uk or you can buy today for £125 +pp from Toyswonderland ,my ht rescue suit was £293 incl pp from tw arrived last week why fork out £400 2 years ago. even the so called exclusives are still available ie 1/4 spidey super deluxe version i think that was announced july 2019. i have used lootentoys on ebay several times hulkbuster arm £170 total or timcent & wzlucky are good. i just use a credit card always now. cheers ian

I've been alright with other things, Limtoys aren't as widely sold as HT and nor are they as widely publicised. Had I known about the figure from day one I might have been able to PO one from a reliable source. You live and learn....

I just got scammed from a seller in China. Thought I got a good deal on a Hot Toys R2-D2 deluxe, just got it today...in a small envelope with a miniature figure.

Sellers name is baililongg9. Had around 120-ish good feedback. I was thorough in reading the feedback, price was $100-ish less. Just looked at his feedback now and he racked up 52 bad feedback in the last month. Looks like he decided to cash out. Had multiple listings of R2, so I'm sure I wasn't alone. He set his account to private so I cannot read his feedback currently. I did not know you could do that.

Not sure what steps I need to take now as I used Paypal and they want you to resolve through Ebay. Having them call me soon so I can get this done properly.

I just got scammed from a seller in China. Thought I got a good deal on a Hot Toys R2-D2 deluxe, just got it today...in a small envelope with a miniature figure.

Sellers name is baililongg9. Had around 120-ish good feedback. I was thorough in reading the feedback, price was $100-ish less. Just looked at his feedback now and he racked up 52 bad feedback in the last month. Looks like he decided to cash out. Had multiple listings of R2, so I'm sure I wasn't alone. He set his account to private so I cannot read his feedback currently. I did not know you could do that.

Not sure what steps I need to take now as I used Paypal and they want you to resolve through Ebay. Having them call me soon so I can get this done properly.
That guy is on the Transformer World board's "China ebay seller check" under bad sellers. Seems to be a pump-and-run scammer (pump a couple hundred positives, then list a bunch scams and run.)

It is a regularly updated thread, worth watching, though many sellers are more focused on one area they know best, say 1/6 versus Transformers stuff versus 6" figs, so a bad sellers list has some overlap to 1/6 and/or SW, but also some not.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/china-ebay-seller-check-new-comers-read-first-post.1064426/
The thing you realize is that there are HUNDREDS of high-volume sellers on eBay that are also scammers - and to me part of the problem is like what this thread does: dividing sellers into "good" and "bad" lists.

My point is that the new scenario is that huge numbers of sellers (yes, overwhelmingly in China) have realized they can be BOTH good and bad at the same time and get away with it. If they can keep the bad feedback low and still be cranking through hundreds of legit sales a months, eBay (now run by robots) will never touch them.

Last edited:
That guy is on the Transformer World board's "China ebay seller check" under bad sellers.

It is a regularly updated thread, worth watching, though many sellers are more focused on one area they know best, say 1/6 versus Transformers stuff versus 6" figs, so a bad sellers list has some overlap to 1/6 and/or SW, but also some not.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/china-ebay-seller-check-new-comers-read-first-post.1064426/
The thing you realize is that there are HUNDREDS of high-volume sellers on eBay that are also scammers - and to me part of the problem is like what this thread does: dividing sellers into good and bad lists.

My point is that the new scenario is that huge numbers of sellers (yes, overwhelmingly in China) have realized they can be both good and bad at the same time and get away with it. If they can keep the bad feedback low and still be cranking through hundreds of legit sales a months, eBay (now run by robots) will never touch them.
Thanks for the response. I'm not interested in Transformers, but I do remember him selling one. He has no items for sale now as well.

Just got off the phone with Ebay. Was kinda worthless as I just had to fill out a return. I figured with all the clear evidence against him that they could quickly resolve the issue. Was told 3 business days he had to respond, but now I see on the return that Ebay jumps in if nothing is figured out by Aug 6. I am worried there is a small timeframe here like 30 days to get my money back. 30 day money back guarantee, yeah from purchase date or return date? Ebay woman stated it was good from the return date. I think if the seller requests the item back, I'll just go through the credit card company to say it was a fraudulent charge.

Then the woman filing my return typed the description of the return like a 15 yr old girl. When I mentioned it was a miniature compared to what was supposed to be a big box, she said he didn't state the dimensions in the listing. I hope that kind of loophole doesn't help his case.

Should I let the Ebay return process go through or should I dispute the payment through Paypal and/or credit card company?

Back